It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why was Israel created?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by haika

Because the term "Jew" originally meant to imply someone who was born from a certain lineage. The people born from Moses lineage were known as Jews, even though some of them did not have the same religious belief as Moses (ex. the ones that built the golden calf for worship, when Moses went to get the 10 Commandments).

It is only after Christianity that the term "Jew" denoted a belief system. Today, it is very hard to become a Jew by faith. I had a friend in high school that tried to convert to Judaism and he said the process can take years.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by lightchild
I had better watch out then as I live in England.

Therefore in the future many Americans could move back to England, Scotland and Ireland to be back in their homeland?

They already have a new chunk of ground to call their home. The Jews didn't.

Are you insinuating that American Jews - as opposed to all other Americans - do not have a "home" in America, regardless of how many generations it's been since they arrived? I find that a little hard to swallow.

I don't think bronco73 did mean that, I think they worded their reply badly.

But I was making a comparison between *all* Americans and the Jews in a subtle way. But I can see a comparable situation.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
reply to post by lightchild

There have been many explanations as to why Israel was created. Some are:

1. To give Jews a place to relocate, after being enslaved by Hitler.
2. To take away control of the Muslims from the holy lands and give it back to the Judeo-Christian followers.
3. To give Western countries a military base that they can use to control Middle Eastern politics, warfare, oil.
4. To spread the Judeo-Christian faith in the Middle East.
5. To self-fulfill the prophecies of a rapture by creating turmoil in the Middle East.

6. To set up a local based intelligence agency in the middle east, to keep closer tabs on the non-Christian countries that are seemingly threatening to lower the Western leaders status, control and global power structure.
Since the Palestinians lost Palestine, ironically, Islam has grown more than ever, now it is even closing in on the Christians worldwide membership totals.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I have had my own theory on this issue for some time.
I would appreciate all feedback.
One must take into account that the winners of war write history.

During WW2 extreme amounts of oil were located in the Middle east.
The conquers of WW2 (England and the U.S.) needed to establish a strategic foot hold in the Middle East that could be reached by land and sea
Along the Mediterranean coast would garantee European access and a rapid response by air and sea.
Access to the Suez Canal was icing on the cake, which provided ship access from the Red Sea to the south.
Now that a location was decieded, a jusifaction for maintaining a permanent
presence had to be established and a strawman had to be created to make it appear to the world that the U.S. and Europe WAS NOT maintaining a presence after the war. What better scapegoat than the Jews.

The U.S. and Europe needed to strengthen and maintain it's foot hold with it's creation of Israel so
Is it any wonder that Egypt and Saudi Arabia are allies with the U.S. and Europe.
Does it suprise anyone that Iran is the last big piece to the puzzle for total control of the Middle East and it's oil?

Funny how the push for democracy in the Middle East does not include countries that are already our allies.

The Jews were a scapegoat and the creation of Israel was a way to a means to obtain Middle East oil.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

Originally posted by bronco73

Originally posted by lightchild
I had better watch out then as I live in England.

Therefore in the future many Americans could move back to England, Scotland and Ireland to be back in their homeland?

They already have a new chunk of ground to call their home. The Jews didn't.

Are you insinuating that American Jews - as opposed to all other Americans - do not have a "home" in America, regardless of how many generations it's been since they arrived? I find that a little hard to swallow.

No, I am saying that Americans already have a place to call home so there is no real need for them to all go back to England Scotland or Ireland for a home. The Jews had no place to call home. No country, no state or province, nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join