It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where to move:New Tampa or St. Petersburg?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Moving to Florida New Tampa or St. Petersburg? Anyone have any opinion?

I could get a very comfortable suburban house in New Tampa or a small older home in St. Petersburg. Looking at private schools and found acceptable ones in both, might like the schools in St. Pete better, but have to sacrifice garage space and square footage.

A part of me wants to go St. Pete to have a more "beachy" florida experience and the other part of me wants to go suburban New Tampa for convenience and comfort. Any one out there have opinion?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I\'ll tell you right now...

Don\'t move to st.petersburg. You will probably get robbed, mugged, maybe even raped. Yes, it\'s bad. Lots of guns, drugs and violence in that area.

But....it\'s your call.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What is "new" Tampa? I am originally fm Tampa and have never heard it called New Tampa.

Tampa in my opinion is your better bet.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
St. Petersburg, I love it here.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niko_Belic
I\'ll tell you right now...

Don\'t move to st.petersburg. You will probably get robbed, mugged, maybe even raped. Yes, it\'s bad. Lots of guns, drugs and violence in that area.

But....it\'s your call.

maybe if you live on south 9th street this will happen. i grew up in st pete. went to northeast high. absolutely loved it. i will get back there one of these days

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
New Tampa is in an area that is along the the Bruce B. Downs Blvd in between Temple Terrace and Brandon. It is an area of planned communities, new homes.

I think we are leaning toward St. Petersburg now, but also considering Clearwater. We want to be close to St. Petersburg Catholic High School or Clearwater Central Catholic High School. If you have any opinions I would be very interested, just refrain from Catholic bashing...save that for a different post.

regards,

M Blue Sky

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
st pete owns dude. there are a lot of schools there so you shouldn't have a problem. i am actually going back there for a couple weeks on feb 6th. can't wait

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'd go with Clearwater, I really enjoyed my time there.

It's a great city with a lower crime rate. You get the benefit of almost having double the police force with all the Scientology security, and they pretty much leave you alone.

The school you mentioned is in the top of the class.
marauderalumni.ccchs.org...

Definitely consider Clearwater........
www.clearwater-fl.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Clearwater looks great...just got back from househunting trip. Wow, those Scientology folks in Downtown have TAKEN OVER!!! But you were right, thier super controlling ways keep things orderly.

I think we will end up in Clearwater close to Safety Harbor or in Dunedin. Thank you for replying to my post.

top topics

join