It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Bush on Vacation NOW? 12-29-2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Ummm....Why would Bush be taking a vacation 3 weeks before he retires?!

Article

Even an emerging crisis in the Middle East, one he pledged to resolve just 13 months ago, has not drawn President George W. Bush from his final vacation before leaving office. Despite his personal pledge at Annapolis last year to broker a deal between Israel and the Palestinians before 2009, this weekend Bush sent his spokesmen to comment in his stead. […]

Since departing Washington for Crawford on Friday, President Bush has made no attempt to be seen in public. In fact, he has yet to leave his ranch.

Maybe he is not retiring after all.

Any thoughts?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
its called christmas!
Maybe youve heard of it!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
well everytime he is on vacation, major bs goes down... na
it is the Christmas break, simple...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Europe

Yep, sure have! I work for a newspaper and we only got Xmas day off.

I did not have an economical crisis, war raging in the middle east and a presidency to hand over. What's Bush's excuse.

I am sorry, but something does not smell right.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I absolutely adore posts like this.

President-Elect Obama, who has been inserting himself into every news cycle and stated that while he would not be President until January 20 he would begin working on the nation's problems "immediately," is also on vacation. In a $30 million rental property in Hawaii, no less. His days are filled strutting about without a shirt and having the media trip over themselves to take pictures of it and announce how beautiful he is.

But that..that isn't a problem. Bush goes on vacation? HOW DARE HE!

[edit on 29-12-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LowLevelMason

Oh I so totally agree with you. How dare he go on vacation

How about you take a trip on memory road....Lets visit the Washington Post shall we? Have a look for yourself....

According to the post and I quote:

"42 percent of his first eight months as president at vacation spots"

''I love to go walking out there, seeing the cows - occasionally they talk to me, being the good listener that I am. It's important for all of us in Washington to stay in touch with the values of the heartland.''

www.commondreams.org...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I believe that every movement that Bush and Obama make is carefully orchestrated to make it appear that we are not overly concerned bout the situations going on in the world at this time.

Bush is a dead horse and Obama hasn't had his on button pushed yet. It's rather like we are in limbo.

I believe very soon after the inauguration we will see more action than we want to see. In the meantime it seems inappropriate for either the president or president elect to make any profound statements at this time.

I am sure the transformation both men will be making is a difficult one. They both need this time to get their affairs in order to do the job that is ahead of them.

Vacation sounds like a good idea. I'm ready for one myself and I am but a lowly citizen.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Maybe cause they already emptied the coffer and have to wait for Congress to return to refill it.

Maybe cause their is no law stipulating how much vacation time a President gets.

Who knows. Obama will no doubt do the same and vacation just as much in his Hawaiian Five-O Whitehouse.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin
reply to post by Europe

Yep, sure have! I work for a newspaper and we only got Xmas day off.

I did not have an economical crisis, war raging in the middle east and a presidency to hand over. What's Bush's excuse.

I am sorry, but something does not smell right.

Well with his meager pay he can't be expected to run the whitehouse
as diligently as the ppl that run Wall Street.

Of course by running I mean running them into the ground.

Cest La Vie.

Government by popularity contest vs. IQ and this is what you get.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthWithin

Ummm....Why would Bush be taking a vacation 3 weeks before he retires?!

Any thoughts?

My friend its quite simple...he started his presidency on vacation....he's gonna end it on vacation. And only God knows WTF he did in between.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A President on vacation is not like the average person being on vacation...he is in contact with everyone he needs to be to run the country, including briefings, communications with world leaders, etc...

delius

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
About a month or so after he was elected, didn't GWB go on an extended vacation? Besides which, I think the USA would be better off if Bush goes fishing instead of screwing things up in Washington.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Don't worry folks... He is 'on call' 24/7/365, including loop days.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Oh I so totally agree with you. How dare he go on vacation

How about you take a trip on memory road....Lets visit the Washington Post shall we? Have a look for yourself....

According to the post and I quote:

"42 percent of his first eight months as president at vacation spots"

''I love to go walking out there, seeing the cows - occasionally they talk to me, being the good listener that I am. It's important for all of us in Washington to stay in touch with the values of the heartland.''

www.commondreams.org...

You sure did drink up that media kool aid, eh?

The media proclaims anytime Bush is not in the white house hes on "vacation" when in reality he works every day.

Thanks for giving me a trip down the road of media propaganda - they do good at making people like you believe lies, don't they?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Thanks for giving me a trip down the road of media propaganda - they do good at making people like you believe lies, don't they?

Ur welcome...

Maybe you can vacation with him and go listen to the cows....ya know to kinda stay in touch with the values of the heartland. Drink some koolaid while ur at it....smell some cow perfume.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
well everytime he is on vacation, major bs goes down... na
it is the Christmas break, simple...

I second that, he worked too hard for the country and the mid-East, I remember him saying :" Palestinian state before I leave the office "

new topics

top topics

join