It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative professor: 'saddest part' of 9/11 attacks was impact on Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here is a little red meat from Raw Story!
The dwindling number of Bush apologists are out in force desperately trying to revive his image. Pathetic!

Raw Story

"For me, the saddest part about the terrorist attacks of 9-11 is the long-term impact on the presidency of George W. Bush," wrote Tony Campbell, an adjunct professor of political science with Maryland-based Towson University, on The Moderate Voice Monday.

Nevermind the 3,000+ Americans who died on Sept. 11, 2001. Or the resulting wars. Or that one of the countries Bush chose to invade had nothing to do with the attacks. Or even the lingering, unanswered questions as to just how exactly the 9/11 attacks were pulled off.

"As Bush prepares to leave office, in my opinion, the presidency of George W. Bush was hijacked as surely as the four planes that crashed on that fateful September morning seven years ago," he continued. "The event of 9-11 pushed all other domestic and foreign policy initiatives off of the table. The demands of Homeland Security replaced the promises of 'Compassionate Conservatism.'"

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a professor who will soon be looking for a new job. Even for a conservative, those comments are just plain stupid. Maybe Anne Coulter would be proud, but I doubt he'll be invited to any swanky political garden parties anytime soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I would think that the "saddest part" would be the loss of thousands of innocent lives. But hey, who cares about them when it messed up Bush's image.
This guy is an idiot, plain and simple.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
well cry me a river.

hey bush you ever cry your self to sleep in your pillow stuffed with oil money at night over all the iraqi civillians youve killed you pathetic bastard?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow. "The saddest part about the Columbia explosion was that they just painted the shuttle." Or how about... "The saddest part about the Holocaust is that it tarnished Hitler's image." Sounds about right. What a buffoon.

new topics

top topics

join