It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Amazing Pictures of 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Here is a small compilation of some of the most incredible pictures of 2008. It has most certainly been the most profound year for photography.

On this forum where words are the leading form inspiration, pictures have always been a way to invoke laughter, tears and emotions from the people who see them.

So take a minute out to take a look at our shared experience of 2008, and feel free to add some of your best finds. They can be personal or even other sites that have captured the significance of this year.

As we reflect on the monumental changes we have all seen happen in the past year from cryptozoological finds, and earthquakes, tsunamis and wars, to the first Black male President of the United States, think about what these changes have meant to you and as I said please feel welcome to add to the thread in your own unique way.

I only wish I could share with you my heart as it continues to be utterly amazed at our brilliant and often terrifying world we share as human beings.

I do not know what the pictures of 2009 will bring us, yet I pray that a miracle can happen and we find peace and harmony leading the way.

Warning certain pictures may be disturbing and inappropriate for younger viewers.

www.boston.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Check out these beautiful and stunning underwater shots, wow is all I can say. If you like the Ocean, after these photos you will LOVE the Ocean.

www.smashingmagazine.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Really, loved those underwater shots, are there any shots of bio-luminescent underwater creatures available somewhere, I just love those glowing creatures and that makes me marvel at the diversity of life on earth.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Here's a little cutie to lighten up your day, and some terrific underwater pictures to look at from this site.

www.affordable-stock-photography.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Starred and flagged.

I have to tell you though, If I saw this coming up out a volcano I'd be too freakin' scared to do anything but stand there and scream like a woman.

That is a seriously awesome pic.

wupy

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Amazing photos from Boston.com. All profound for one reason or another. The opening shot of the the lightning is frigteningly beautiful. I have always been afraid of it, and that picture shows the power of it. Respect.

My sister lives in Cedar Rapids and that photo just reminded me how lucky she was during the floods.

And the pictures from around the world certainly remind me how lucky I am to live where I do.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

And what is wrong with screaming like a woman. As I said in my previous post that picture is very frightening. I would have screamed like a man if I saw it coming at me.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Thanks you guys, I love photography, it really speaks to me like no other medium, I did cry like a woman when I was first looking at the pictures in the Op (that is after my eyes popped back into their sockets from the storm cloud in picture 1.)

Thanks wupy I am having trouble getting pictures from my photobucket account tonight. And you are one of the most naturally macho men I have ever met, so if you scream like a woman, it better be scary.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
reply to post by mrwupy

And what is wrong with screaming like a woman.

There is nothing wrong with screaming like a woman. Heck, you should hear my ex wife talk to her shrink:

Doctor: "OK, Kim, today were going to have to discuss........him."

Her reply: : "no..Noooo....NOOOOOO......AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

new topics

top topics

join