It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt responds to Hezbollah criticism over Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Egypt responds to Hezbollah criticism over Gaza

uk.news.yahoo.com

Egyptian Foreign Minister Ahmed Aboul Gheit, on a visit to Turkey, said that Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah wanted to create trouble in Egypt in the service of outside interests, apparently a reference to Iranian support for Hezbollah.

"The honourable (Egyptian) armed forces are capable of defending this homeland from people like you. You want to create chaos in this region as a service to interests that are not for the good of this region," Aboul Gheit said. He was quoted by the Egyptian state news agency MENA.

The Egyptian government has been under attack for the past two days because of its cooperation with Israel in imposing a blockade on the Gaza Palestinians for the past six months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.egyptdailynews.com

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Seems like Egypt is finally starting to get criticized for its role in the Gaza. The strange thing about it is that is not the international community criticizing them. For the most part, the world is focused on criticizing Israel. Many Arabs are the ones throwing jabs at Egypt. Some have even declared war on Egypt. It will be interesting to see what kind of problems Egypt will encounter internally as this crisis deepens.

The question has been asked in previous threads, but one must wonder why humanitarian aid was never delivered through the Egyptian/Gaza border?

Maybe the grass needed mowing or maybe it was all a plot to paint Israel as the bad guy once again.

Does anybody know why aid wasn't delivered through the Egyptian/Gaza border?

Do you think extremist will go after Egypt for closing the border?

uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I don't know why you zionists have got it so hot for Egypt? You do realise it is Israel shelling and bombing Gaza?

Maybe the grass needed mowing or maybe it was all a plot to paint Israel as the bad guy once again.

Israel doesn't need help doing this. It is quite capable of maligning itself with what it does.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Egypt was asked to close the border by Israel and in turn Israel has promised nuclear engery help for egypt - The egyptians have for a long time been working with the Israels in intellgence with regards to the tunnels under the Gaza / Egypt border - So Egypt had alot to lose and is not going to be bullied by Syria / Iran / Iraq etc etc about helping the people of Gaza - This conflict has been boiling for sometime and will get alot worse

I can see Syria getting involved and if they get involved then so will Iran and then god knows who else .

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

I miss you mason, especially when you call me a Zionist.

I don't have it hot for Egypt. It is just the fact that Egypt also closed its border to Gaza. That means they also trapped the Gazans. For you to not recognize that fact and ignore that merely shows that you have it in for Israel

Will be eagerly awaiting you to call me a Zionist once again.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by jam321]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by liammcnamara

Egypt was asked to close the border by Israel and in turn Israel has promised nuclear engery help for egypt -

Very interesting. Haven't heard this one. Do you have a source for this?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Nothing new. Egypt has been criticized for years for their peace agreement with Israel. As has Jordan.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Nothing new. Egypt has been criticized for years for their peace agreement with Israel. As has Jordan.

True. But what is new is that somebody is criticizing Egypt for closing the border to Gaza and it is making news. Prior to this all the criticism was on Israel and how bad they were for depriving the area of food and other necessities. Yet the same people who were rejected by Israel could have easily tried to enter through Egypt to deliver this aid. There has to be a reason why nobody tried and if they did try and Egypt refused then I would like to know why the world paid no attention to Egypt's role in this crisis.

What I also find interesting is that Egypt is calling Hezbollah out.

From the main source I posted to open the thread

"The honourable (Egyptian) armed forces are capable of defending this homeland from people like you. You want to create chaos in this region as a service to interests that are not for the good of this region,"

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I've posted the reason why Egypt closed it's borders to Gaza in another thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Egypt has it's own reasons for closing the border, and the reason is Hamas, and its fear that Gaza may become too dependent on Egypt!!

Hamas is one of the reasons why the borders have been closed by Israel AND Egypt!

Egypt's Quandary Over the Gaza Border

When Hamas took over last year in Gaza, Egypt closed the border (Israel also closed its border crossing points to Egypt) and has characterized the Hamas takeover as an illegitimate coup. Although Egypt kept the border closed, the wall had been built by the Israelis before their withdrawal.

And what REALLY is Egypt's "beef" with Hamas?

While Egypt has at times sought to facilitate negotiations between Hamas and Fatah, it has undeniably seen the Hamas takeover of Gaza last June as a potential threat. Hamas, after all, evolved directly out of the Muslim Brotherhood in Gaza, itself was originally founded under the tutelage of the Muslim Brotherhood of Egypt. The Egyptian government sees the Brotherhood as its most potent domestic threat.
******SKIP******
Consider this: some press reports and the United Nations have suggested that as many as 700,000 Palestinians entered Egypt from Gaza in the first days after the border break-through.
******SKIP******
Half a million or more Palestinians pouring into northeastern Sinai could easily overwhelm the limited population of northeastern Sinai.
******SKIP******
The flood of pro-Hamas Palestinians into northern Sinai is likely interpreted by the Egyptian security establishment as a direct threat to Egypt’s internal security. The demographic facts on the ground reinforce this.

So, as soon as Hamas gained control of Gaza, Israel AND Egypt closed their borders to Gaza!

But, there is also another reason Egypt wants to limit Gaza's accessibility to Egypt!

Israel, meanwhile, is making sounds about getting out of the business of supplying electricity in Gaza now that “the border is open” with Egypt. And because of the likelihood of criticism from other Arab states, Egypt cannot be very open about its fundamental concerns.
******SKIP******
Egypt also is clearly worried about the Israeli effort to shift responsibility for Gaza Egypt, of course has many connections to Gaza.
******SKIP******
Israel was not that eager to remain in Gaza either: it promoted a “Gaza first” approach in the Oslo talks and, of course, withdrew its forces completely from Gaza in 2005. But there are some signs that Israel is leaning towards pressing Egypt to take responsibility for Gaza, something the Egyptians see as a disastrous course.

Immediately after the breach in the border took place, Israeli Deputy Defense Minister Matan Vilnai, a former general and member of the Labor Party, (Party leader Ehud Barak, is the defense minister), publicly suggested that now that the border with Egypt was open, Israel should get out of the role of supplying Gaza altogether. He told Army Radio that the disengagement process begun in 2005 “continues in that we want to stop supplying electricity to them, stop supplying them with water and medicine, so that it would come from another place. We are responsible for it as long as there is no alternative.”

So I guess these are the main reasons that Egypt also keeps it's borders closed to the Gaza. (I didn't know all this before reading up on it!)

Hamas is an off shoot of a group that the Egyptian government feels threatened by and they don't want to end up being responsible for being the "caretaker" of Gaza!

I always wondered why Egypt kept their borders closed to Gaza!

[edit on 12/29/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thanks for the low down.

Do you have any info if anybody tried to deliver humanitarian aid through the Egypt/Gaza border?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I read earlier in some article that they were allowing wounded to cross the border to get medical attention in Egypt, and it seems like just today they opened the border to allow humanitarian aid to enter Gaza!

Egypt Allows Humanitarian Aid to Enter Gaza Border Crossing

RAFAH, Egypt - Egypt is allowing trucks loaded with humanitarian aid to enter its border crossing with the Gaza Strip.

Trucks filled with food and medical supplies have been lining up outside the border since early Monday morning. Border guards opened the Rafah terminal in the afternoon and started allowing several trucks to enter.

Mustafa Ismail, an organizer with a Cairo-based charity, says the trucks are allowed to drop off the supplies in the border terminal but may not enter Gaza.

Like I posted earlier above, I think Egypt is VERY wary of letting the people of Gaza become to dependent on them!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

"We have considered those options, but quite frankly the easiest, in principle, is to bring our humanitarian aid supplies in through Israel," the U.N.'s Humanitarian Coordinator Maxwell Gaylard told The Media Line when asked whether or not the U.N. would consider transporting aid through Egypt.

newsblaze.com...

easiest way or not, they still had the option to deliver humanitarian aid through Egypt and chose not to for whatever reason.

Hannibal Al Gaddafi, the son of the Libyan President, Moammar Al Gaddafi, said in a phone interview with the Qatar-based aL-Jazeera, that Egypt is taking part in the Israeli siege on the Gaza Strip by barring humanitarian aid from being transferred to Gaza via its border with the Gaza Strip.

He added that Egypt previously took part in barring an aid ship from reaching Gaza, which comes, according to Hannibal, in conspiracy with the Israeli occupation.

www.imemc.org...

So Egypt refused to allow humanitarian aid in also. Yet, I don't hear no one talking about how Egypt is committing genocide.

Point blank and in line with what keyhole posted

Neither Egypt nor Israel want anything to do with Hamas. They both view them as a threat to the security of their country.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

"We have considered those options, but quite frankly the easiest, in principle, is to bring our humanitarian aid supplies in through Israel," the U.N.'s Humanitarian Coordinator Maxwell Gaylard told The Media Line when asked whether or not the U.N. would consider transporting aid through Egypt.

newsblaze.com...

easiest way or not, they still had the option to deliver humanitarian aid through Egypt and chose not to for whatever reason.

Hannibal Al Gaddafi, the son of the Libyan President, Moammar Al Gaddafi, said in a phone interview with the Qatar-based aL-Jazeera, that Egypt is taking part in the Israeli siege on the Gaza Strip by barring humanitarian aid from being transferred to Gaza via its border with the Gaza Strip.

He added that Egypt previously took part in barring an aid ship from reaching Gaza, which comes, according to Hannibal, in conspiracy with the Israeli occupation.

www.imemc.org...

So Egypt refused to allow humanitarian aid in also. Yet, I don't hear no one talking about how Egypt is committing genocide.

Point blank and in line with what keyhole posted

Neither Egypt nor Israel want anything to do with Hamas. They both view them as a threat to the security of their country.

Even when confronted with the truth, you quoted a Libyan prince as a source, that's rich

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Jam! You're a Zionist too? I think it's the only word Mason knows except he will occasionally throw in "racist" "murderers" and such.

Well, hell. I guess it's OK. I've been called a little of everything else over the years.

And SOB was just starting to grow on me.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

"The honourable (Egyptian) armed forces are capable of defending this homeland from people like you. You want to create chaos in this region as a service to interests that are not for the good of this region," Aboul Gheit said. He was quoted by the Egyptian state news agency MENA.

Yeah it's Honorable alright so I guess now that makes Israels action Honorable to.

Originally posted by masonwatcher

I don't know why you zionists have got it so hot for Egypt? You do realise it is Israel shelling and bombing Gaza?

When did I become a zionist?
Oh yeah I remember when masonsniffer said so!

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

as mason said - whilst Wgypt has closed its borders - or is it that hamas closed the gaza side? in another thread that was mentioned....

but , Egypt arn`t the ones dropping the bombs or rolling the tanks in which is why there isn`t the same level of `holocaust` calls -

but they should allow help from Neutral agencies and countries through - this would make them seem to be helping and yet stay out of the concentration camp thats called gaza.

and nuclear energy? no chance - Israel has 1 reactor at dimona thats 40 years old and leaks.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Egypt doesn't want the Palestinians (or to be more specific, Hamas). Most of the rest of the world doesn't want them either. Hamas and similar extremists create chaos wherever they go.

It would make sense to send humanitarian aid in through Egypt but IMO Egypt doesn't want to align itself any more than it can help with Hamas. The next step might be to be called upon to deliver military equipment and supplies, especially if they allowed a mass exodus of Palestinians across their borders.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

Can you handle the truth. Libyan or not, I don't expect Egypt to self incriminate itself. I am sure you would rather me use Hamas as a source.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I grant you that they are not using Tanks. However, when those poor Palestinians, except the ones in the West Bank, were busy eating grass, Who was the world criticizing. I don't recall Egypt in the conversation.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by jam321

as mason said - whilst Wgypt has closed its borders - or is it that hamas closed the gaza side? in another thread that was mentioned....

but , Egypt arn`t the ones dropping the bombs or rolling the tanks in which is why there isn`t the same level of `holocaust` calls -

but they should allow help from Neutral agencies and countries through - this would make them seem to be helping and yet stay out of the concentration camp thats called gaza.

and nuclear energy? no chance - Israel has 1 reactor at dimona thats 40 years old and leaks.

I bet if Egypt were being bombed with rockets and mortars everyday for over a month, it would be differnt, eh??

Bet they would reach a point and counter attack the terrorists also.

Btw, can you provide "ANY" proof that it has only one reactor and it leaks????

If you can't, I must remind you to say when you post your unproven opinions/rants, as opposed to a truth/fact which is provable by a valid news source, you need to say so.

Thanks for following TAC.

new topics

top topics

join