It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want To Know Something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I want to know why it is ok for the government (politicians, thieves, criminals) to print more money whenever they damn well please but if I do it they want to throw me in jail. I used to think it had something with protecting the value of our currency but when the government prints a trillion dollars out of thin air doesn’t it have the same effect? What they are doing is far more dangerous than anything I could ever do and we will all suffer the consequences in the near future for their collective stupidity!

…just food for thought!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

The reason why they won't allow you make your own money is because the FED doesn't gain from you making money, it's unregulated.

You see if the FED gives a 10 Billion dollar loan to the US, the US uses that loan to create up to 90 Billion dollar in loans for business and personal banking. They create money out of thin air, to make loans out of thin air.

The more money they're is, the less it's worth, and that's how they control us, but to be honest about it, they can never get out of that cycle, the system is built on debt.

If every person in the states paid all of they're debts in full, they're would not be one single dollar in circulation. Interest is the real killer here. Where do you get the money to pay off interest? Simple...you don't, cause the real money never existed in the first place.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Cause they don't want you wasting time that you could be working for their mysterious goals. If you printed your own money you wouldn't be a slave of the system. Your labor would benefit only yourself and whoever you wanted it to benefit. We are their livestock, they only have us so that they can benefit themselves. If we become independent of them, how will they survive? They live because we support them, and we live because they need us to live, if they didn't need us we wouldn't be theirs and if we don't need them (which we really don't) they wouldn't own us.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by cancerian42]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Correct me if I am wrong it is illegal to make counterfeit copy's of a country's currency in this case the US dollar . It is not illegal circulate your own currency as some small US towns have done so on a small scale providing it doesnt resemble US currency . For the record I am of the school of thought that the Bail Outs have screwed us all over .

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Quite easy. The thing is... (economics is my strong point) the Government NEEDS to have a monopoly on currency. If it didn't, the economy wouldn't have a standard to measure value of goods by. Essentially, you could do that, but it would cost much to adjust standards and compensate, and no one would want to use yours.

They also have a monopoly on it because our Money, cash, bucks, whatever, has to be backed by a force! Remember what the Gold Standard was? The currency had to be backed by something tangible, like gold.

Here is a good video explaining why it needed to be backed by gold.

video.google.com...

These days, things are different, when FDR (I think so) took us off the gold standard (might have been Eisenhower?) he artificially inflated the currency.

By producing money without something backing it besides trust, it extremely dangerous.

When the government inserts cash into the economy, it is creating inflation. ie that's why things cost more than things 100 years ago.

That video above explains it all.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well said. We sell our lives for the illusion of worth.

I'd print up a second line here... but I fear it would devalue the first.

new topics

top topics

join