It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[UK] How do we seriously attack knife crime?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What would I do?

Kick the muslims out of my country.

Stop being twats.

Restore gun rights and kill the criminals or imprison them.

What next ?? You twits going to ban sporks? Fingernail files?? Wood spoon?

You've turned into a bunch of nanny state morons.

Britain is dead. You have NO-GO areas in your nation enforced by Muslims.

Grow a pair. Or let your women take over.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

"For these people, if they are a persistent danger to our society and no amount of education or punishment will change them, then they should be permanently removed from our society to a place where they can no longer cause harm to others."

Permanently 'remove' Unregistered 'knife owners'?

Not quite, but if criminals are convicted of persistent knife or gun crime, causing injury to people, then they deserve to be removed from society until they are no longer a danger to others. They have then lost the right to belong to our society due to their own actions.

I come from an age when corporal and capital punishment were the norm, and good things they were too, as they imposed sanctions on people for serious anti-social behaviour.

Of course that challenges the current philosophy where people are not adequately punished for their offences, and go on to commit further crimes in prison, and again when they come out.

Even after sanctions, some people will still carry on injuring others because they like to and it gives them pleasure, so society should protect itself from these thugs. How exactly is debatable, but firing squads and Siberian Gulags are possible options.

No doubt there will be those who would give them a medal, but not me.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
When people carry knives, they take the lives of others in their own hands.

When people carry knives they need to feel the force of other people's lives.

When people get caught carrying knives they should learn to fear the law more than someone else carrying a blade.

That way, you keep your society safer. Obviously this is a UK argument.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

What about my trusty swiss army knife? I never threatened anyone with it, it came in useful many times (for non violent things) and yet even though the law says it's a legal blade to carry you can still be arrested unless you can show a reason for carrying it.

Should we also arrest people for things like that?

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Are most kids so stupid?

Well there you go, you were a boy scout, even at an early age you showed some understanding and responsibility. And yes, the world is full of stupid people, had you not noticed?

I on the other hand had far more free time to educate myself in the way of the gangster. And the first American film which made a big impact on me was the Wanderers. I wanted to be a Wanderer. And I formed a gang. And we were not the only ones we had rivals inspired by another movie The Warriors [come out to playeeyay] and what did we do, we fought. Fortunately no one got hurt. But the attitude the idea in this instance was American made.

I was a respectful kid though and this was taught to me by my parents. I knew better then to anger my dad. Were they irresponsible for allowing me to view this [for its time] violent American entertainment, yes. But they were still great parents.

I agree many parents out there today just don’t want the responsibility of being tough with their kids. I believe to, some parents are afraid of their kids. Kids these days live in an I want, I want, brand new, society, which drives them mental to get what they want. I reckon this is also aggravated by American attittude.

I think black kids get caught up in a vicious world of hip hop machoism gangster culture that does nothing but breed disrespect for one another and I think white kids get caught up in that.

I don’t think punishing people by putting them behind bars, banishing or barbarically executing them does society any good either. In fact it's actually quite frightening that after so many years we still can’t see a better way of doing things. Or maybe it’s just that somebody does not want to do it differently. I have to concur with mlmijyd [what an inventive member name]. I think via the net it is quite clear there are various agendas for keeping us "sheeple" the way we are.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What you have to do is stop stupid parents from haveing stupid kids. Now how we can accomplish this is by requiring parents to have a evaluation by a psychiatrist that will be publicly available to teh populous.. so you can see how bad a parent osmone is and report them if it could lead to teh detrement of society.

its a pitty so many stupid people are having children...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Unfortunately we can all be stupid at times. But if there was more help and education in our lives we might fare better.

Come on, we do it to ourselves. This is an old argument, to which the powers that be know the answer to, but upon which they will not react.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Originally posted by Wertdagf
What you have to do is stop stupid parents from haveing stupid kids. Now how we can accomplish this is by requiring parents to have a evaluation by a psychiatrist that will be publicly available to teh populous.. so you can see how bad a parent osmone is and report them if it could lead to teh detrement of society.

its a pitty so many stupid people are having children...

Although this is quite a basic response, there are undercurrents of truth here. I work with 'damaged people' . Due to political correctness and human rights , damaged people are allowed to have kids. These people were parented very poorly, were often victims of sexual, physical abuse which meant there coping mechanisms are not the same as others. They will rely on self harming to express their emotions, have anger management problems (they can throw the biggest tamper tantrums) and display attention seeking behavior. They then bring these children into the world and it is damaged people having damaged children. The children may vicariously learn the same behaviours in order to get the attention and may themselves suffer neglect. They are more likely to have learning difficulties.

Teachers in the schools are in such fear of litigation that discipline is a dicy area. I am told that over a third of children in an average British school have behavioral problems, furthermore where are the parents when the children get home. They are out at work because the government says they have to be. You can't live on one wage. In the 70's most mothers were at home when the children came out of school, to oversee what their children were getting up to. Children played out in the streets when I was young. Not now, they are indoors playing on the x box or playstation, immersed in games that promote car theft and shooting people.
so what is the answer? Rewind- go back to the more traditional values, bring back national service? bring back hanging? Who knows.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Its reaching a critical mass... and once we reach a point where we gain knowledge of the keys to the universe, we cant be allowed to live any longer if all of us arent capable of being a responsible user of such power.

theres 2 options a tthe critical mass point which has been reached...

1. you kill everyone. and hope the next time around it works out better

2. you separate all those who understand from those that are ignorant. leaving the ingorant to go thorugh another incarnation.

#2 would mean that this is a prison planet for the ignorant.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

lol u cant be serious. Cameron is a reptilian, watch the video full screen in the dark with nightvision...only joking, have u heard his Policies to combat the credit crunch/economic downturn....

www.guardian.co.uk...

sry if u have to cut and paste the above url

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Paraphrasing our Teddy Roosevelt, "speak softly and carry a big(ger knive or) stick!"

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I just watched an interesting programme about an organization run inside 4% of uk schools called the Nuture Group.

Nuture Group.

Doing well at school is an important factor for the healthy development of children and young people.
For over thirty years nurture groups have been demonstrating that with the right help children who present emotional and behavioural difficulties can be successfully included in mainstream school. Nurture groups provide a safe and nurturing learning environment where each child is valued, understood and has their emotional needs met appropriately. They offer an experience of adults through which trust and confidence are built and learning begins to take place.

The Nurture Group Network is the national umbrella organisation for nurture groups and supports the work carried out in schools across the United Kingdom. There are now around 1,000 groups, not only in primary schools but at secondary level as well and many children, parents and teachers bear witness to the powerful impact that nurture groups have had on their lives.

You can see the programme here Dispatches: Britain’s Challenging Children, i.e. them kids that will grow up and knife people if not helped at an early age.

This is what im talking about 100%

This approach should also be used for criminals. It would need to be reorganised but im sure the principal would work.

It’s sad though that they cant get enough funding, especially when we see the money governments and councils waste every year.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Get medieval with them. Lose a finger everytime they are caught carrying a blade. See how quickly that would stop the problem.

As for the general hoodies and ASBO types - remove all their rights to social security, housing benefit and medical care for life and tell them to get used to looking for food in dustbins. See how quickly that would stop the probem.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by clint flint
Get medieval with them. Lose a finger everytime they are caught carrying a blade. See how quickly that would stop the problem.

As for the general hoodies and ASBO types - remove all their rights to social security, housing benefit and medical care for life and tell them to get used to looking for food in dustbins. See how quickly that would stop the probem.

So i should have lost a finger for carrying a swiss army knife? A knife which i consider a tool as it had multiple attachments on it which i used on more than one occasion to fix something. I don't carry it anymore as i stated earlier due to the poice stopping me and giving me a lot of hassle.

As for your idea on social security. Well i admit we shouldn't' fund people past 2 childrena nd we should provide penalties for any healthy person who refuses to attend job interviews. However if you implement your system you will just end up with people committing crimes to get money.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by clint flint

"Get medieval with them. Lose a finger everytime they are caught carrying a blade. See how quickly that would stop the problem."

Ah, yes... Amputation.

That would teach them to be more *Civilized, wouldn't it?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
There are about 7,500,000 people who live in London. I hardly think 100 deaths via knife constitutes a crises.

But, the fear which is generated by sensationalist headlines will make it ever easier for the majority of people to accept more draconian laws to be passed by the government. Laws which will further infringe upon our civil rights.

But we will take it, all in the name of being "safe".

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join