It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large boom heard in Mt. Pleasant, SC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Large boom heard in Mt. Pleasant, SC

www.counton2.com

All afternoon, our newsroom has been flooded with calls, emails and twitter messages, about a loud boom heard in, and around, Mt. Pleasant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wciv.com
www.thehawkeye.com
www.charleston.af.mil

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Loud boom still unexplained

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well, this one hit close to home for me so I am going to post it up. I read a thread (link above) about a boom up north. No one seems to know what it was. There is an Airforce base here but as far as I know there are only the large C-17s and C-130s, neither can produce a sonic boom.

(Links above)
The WCIV link is a local South Carolina news station link.

Thehawkeye.com" is a link to an Iowa newpaper. Read the comments at the bottom of the Hawkeye page to see what some people are saying about what happened in Mt. Pleasant.

Third link is to the Charleston, SC AFB website.

Not to much being said about the boom as of right now. Anyone hear of any other booms anywhere else?

www.counton2.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/12/08 by Pfeil]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Seymour-Johnson is in North Carolina, they have F-15E Strike Eagles there, Langley AFB is in Virginia, with F-22s, and the Lockheed Martin assembly line for the F-22 is in Marietta, GA. There are many other Air Force bases in the area that could cause this.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by Zaphod58]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A boom could be anything. Do you guys still do underground nuclear testing?

I think it's more likely to be a sonic boom - you guys fly a little too close to the edge when flying over here and boom the land.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey I'm a lurker, sorry, but I live Atlanta and there's been news of an underground explosion in Savannah. Looked like it was electrical wires. Don't know how close they are, but I looked at google maps and it seems that could be the "boom"

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The boom occured at 1:47pm, on Monday afternoon. It was heard in Snee Farm, Hamlin Plantation, and Seaside Farms to name a few so it covered a wide area. It was loud enough to shake some items off of shelves. It was almost like an earthquake but only lasted one second. Would love to know where it came from...why can't any of our news sources track this down??

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
there is alot of military training going up in myrtle beach as of late.
the military has always used Myrtle beach airport for training but i have been noticing an increased amount of training going on lately.

could be a sonic boom, over the ocean.
all in all id say its odd but probably nothing too out of the ordinary.
i used to live next to the dahlgren naval warfare center in virgina, and we heard booms every day haha.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We've had a couple in the UK in recent years, one was reportedly caused in error by the RAF, flying too low. I think the other they denied responsibility for and is still unexplained.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We were in Charleston National when the boom happened. I also heard a second, smaller boom about 30 seconds after the initial one. Anyone else notice this? Most of the reports I've read reference only a single boom.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, you see, in the links I posted the newspapers/news stations said they called the airports and called all local military bases in the area and no one claimed to know what caused it.

I have heard of a report of a boom covering 100s of miles up near St Louis and another in Ohio. ( I think it was in Ohio) That's the only reason I posted the one that happened locally.

It was also reported by some local witnesses that the "boom" lasted for over 30 seconds. I experienced a sonic boom when I was a child and I remember only a loud bang and then nothing, it lasted for maybe 5 seconds max.

So i dont know. I haven't heard anymore about it so I guess it is already forgotten about here.

[edit on 2/1/09 by Pfeil]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
They where testing Bunker Buster Bombs off the coast of Florida before we went into war with Bin Laden a while back, and it made a loud noise and made every ones home shake. No one knew what it was, and the government said they had no Knowledge. A few years later they came out and told every one it was a type of bunker buster bomb being tested for the war.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
iraqwar.mirror-world.ru...

Maybe they are working on this for the future? Maybe 1-11-09... a scary day for sure if you flip the numbers... Hope not I live in Charleston

findarticles.com...

They also have this here... and....

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It is interesting that a similar boom occurred in Kokamo, Indiana last April 2008 that shook homes and was investigated by UFO Hunters and televised. I don't believe they ever discovered what it was either.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
We had a bean soup party.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
They repored the same type of loud mysterious BOOM in Alaska too. On this same day.

Odd

top topics

join