It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Alert 3 Tips?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Any Command and Conquer veterens here?

I have been playing RA3 and I really like it, (Never played a CnC game before).

I have done a couple of campain mssions and I find it hard but what is doing me in the most is on Skirmish, I can barely make a barracks and some men before the opposing team wipes me out, (I've considered playing online but I know that game will be over in minutes.

Generally i'm all over the place trying to keep on top of everything but then it just all falls apart.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to be a better commander?

I also got Tom Clancys Endwar, which is pretty fun, you give commands on your mic, but I like Red Alert better.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I haven't played Red Alert 3 but I have played a lot of the CnC series. The best advice I can give is that if you are in the campaign mode, its always smart to build defense first. Fortify your base, and once that is accomplished then go on the attack.

Playing against a human, I would use the opposite approach. Be aggressive. I am not sure what the vehicles or soldiers are in Red Alert, but build some cheap fast ones and scout the whole map. This should be one of the first things you do. You can see what your opponent is trying to do, and then work on a plan to either attack or defend depending on his/her strengths.

The quick attack is always a good game plan. Build a couple of tanks straight from the beginning and just rush. But if this fails your screwed.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

Cheers, there are some good tips in there.

I don't know about other Red Alerts, but this is all futuristic.
You can be Russians(Soviets), Brits and Americans(Allies) or Japanese(Empire of the Rising Sun).

The Japanese can build giant robots, The soviets seem to like these spider robot type things and the Allies mainly use tanks, there is alot of Naval activity going on too, and aircraft fighting too.(With all factions).

There are alot of actors too, Tim Curry for one (Soviet Leader), then theres alot of others that just fill the story.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm absolutley loving this game.
It's so satisfying to wipe out the enemies forces.
Though I haven't managed to complete a skirmish yet only managed to survive a bit longer each time, I am getting through the campaign nicely.

There have been some awesome battles and I have only done 2 or 3 missions for each faction.

There's one thing I want to know though for anyone who owns this game.
One of the soviet (I think) top secret protocol's you get a tornado type thing thaqt you cna move around for a short time, but I can't work out how to move it around, the computer said press some button, but I have tried everything in the short time I have to try to move the thing, any help with that would be appreciated.

Great game.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It depends on your personal play style, but the best way to survive vs the computer (in my opinion) is to adopt a 'turtle' play style.

This means when you start off, pump out a power plant, barracks, refinery. Build about 10 infantry, and then spend all your income on base defenses. Make sure you cover all possible entrances to your base.

Once that is done, use the infantry to either plug any holes in that perimeter, or go scouting the map.

Should be able to just build your way up then without the fear of being overrun.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I have gotten really good at the russians, and i have found that right off the start you have to build a barracks first. then right after that get your reactor started. as the reactor is going start training groups of three flak troopers and two conscripts and sending them in groups to go fortify buildings. once you have enough buildings fortified go send engineers in to capture all the neutral structures. as your doing this (lol confusing i know) be building your two refineries. once those are done instantly build a super reactor followed by an airfield. once you have an airfield build 4 migs and about 4 twinblades. the twinblades attack anything on the ground or sea and the migs attack everything in the sky. just keep building those two units (u need additional air fields for the migs) and you can dominate. they are fast cheap and can attack anything together

new topics

top topics

join