It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My talk with a Nasa Official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I work for an electric company and today i took a call from a lady with a nasa.gov email address. so i asked her if she worked for nasa and she said yes, obviously. then i told her that i had been hearing a lot of tall tales about space these days. (guess where i heard all these tales)

i was trying to ask her about the ships we have between the earth and sun that were doing testing on solar flares and such but i couldn't remember the name of the ships. (still can remember, it's not cassini probes is it?)

anyway, she got real quiet and didn't want to say anything. i got the impression that there's probably a lot of ships out there that we don't know about.

i also asked her to make the the current impact risk website is kept up to date becuase i like to check it every once in a while and she said...

"trust me, you don't want to know."

now, the conversation was light hearted and we laughed a bit about some of the conspiracies but she was very quiet about those things i mentioned.
what do you guys think?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
She probably said you don't want to know because the truth is our magnetic shield is fading a lot faster than anyone had predicted.This creates the protective shield that stops all of the cosmic radiation from bombarding us directly. With that in mind they probably know it will soon disperse to the point where we are all screwed which is probably what happens when the poles flip which we are over due for. The magnetic shield will probably come back but not with out doing irreparable DNA harm if not out right extinction of our species and many others.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I think you just chatted up the office manager for some Nasa shirt, and she thought your were cute.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

It seems that people have forgotten that there are experts on matters such as magnetic fields. First off, we wouldn't need to worry about a 'fading' magnetic field because of the temporary rips that occur regularly. We are far more likely to be had by the "big one" of MF rips than anything. We have a vibrantly active core so weakening is not really a concern. If you imagine the full force of a solar flare bombarding earth with no dissipation? Toast is a good thing to think of.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I think it is great that you even brought the subject up with her.
People will spill the goods sometimes when you least expect it.
Good for you for asking.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think if i was in her position i would try to [snip] with your head too.
happy holidays

Mod Edit - removed profanity

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
yeah maybe, but she definately went quiet when i asked her to tell me the name of the ships. i just couldn't remember their names and was just curious but she went stone cold.

just makes me wonder.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
yeah maybe, but she definately went quiet when i asked her to tell me the name of the ships. i just couldn't remember their names and was just curious but she went stone cold.

just makes me wonder.

Remember to trust your instincts.
Likely that you did in fact pick up something in her voice.
These days - this way of picking up information - is more
dependable than someone telling you something is true.
We lie a lot on this planet. But we are becoming more and more
transparent. Go with your gut.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Depending on what particular division she works with, she may or may not be involved with the probes we have up at the moment.
She may have gone dead quiet 'cause she was trying to remember what they were, or what talk was about 'em at work.
She also may have signed a disclosure agreement to not speak about certain subjects, and if she does doing so would get her fired.
Every time I'm at work and get asked something that comes close to violating the NDA we have, I run through a checklist in my head to make sure what I say is not going to get me fired.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Maybe she didn't know them and was ashamed to tell you that.

The answer for the impact risk website is obvious for anyone that understands how things are, it's more a matter of luck than anything else.

new topics

top topics

join