80's cartoons - did they have/leave an impact on YOU??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

The thread you linked has not been commented on in a year?

This topic is not actually the same either....

To the OP:

I think my interest in space and other cultures came from early cartoons i watched... it was always the space or weird mutant/alien type cartoons that got me, also lost civilizations and or explorer type cartoons.

I think also, i just love animation..... as a teen, i got into anime/manga filmsand just loved the style.... and it seems a lot of my childhood favs were manga/anime style.

[edit on 29/12/08 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
the 80's were a weird time, lots of weird stuff going on.

the cartoons seem to be much more about a battle between good and evil than carttons being made now, probably because of the cold war.

to a certain extent the indoctrination in these cartoons have something to do with the general acceptance of the nutjob psychology of the war on terrorism.

starwars too, perhaps. dunno, the good vs evil thing was big in the 80's, it was all very black and white.

might be a thesis in it for some sociology student.

[edit on 29/12/08 by pieman]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

From all the responses I see here...there is no difference.
Only the fact that there are those who think a BTS topic is beneath their level as opposed to an ATS topic.
It matters not when the last post was made in a thread. Old topics which are similar get bumped all the time.

2) Old existing thread: If the existing thread is more than 3 months old, reference the thread or threads in your first post by linking to them, then as above, indicate your new twist on the older discussion topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

THAT is my reasoning.
By all means don't let me interrupt your discussion any further.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Probably too much impact.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I take it you agree then

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
[
To the OP:

I think my interest in space and other cultures came from early cartoons i watched... it was always the space or weird mutant/alien type cartoons that got me, also lost civilizations and or explorer type cartoons.

I think also, i just love animation..... as a teen, i got into anime/manga filmsand just loved the style.... and it seems a lot of my childhood favs were manga/anime style.

I'd agree with that totally - as with me also.
As for the animation - like i said only square enix (formerly squaresoft) could do a re-make of MCOG justice. The final fantasy movie bankrupted squaresoft. They had fantastic animation but lacked the storyline.

example of graphics in the video in the link below:
www.gametrailers.com...

If you took there graphics and MCOG's story then i'd put money on it being a hit.
The story is noted dated even now. That programme left me wanting to find out more about the ancients and i have been doing just that. ATS has assisted me in that to which i am grategul to the staff and members. Like the Discovery channel says - keep asking!

[edit on 29-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

GI Joe: Real American Hero was the War on Terror before the War on Terror.

I could see David Icke having a field day with the series.

An ancient and hidden civilization of reptilian beings.

One of them, together with human corporate elite and metal mask wearing cultists from Scotland form a world wide terror campaign to subjugate the planet.

Biorobotic shapeshifters that impersonate people.

A genetically engineered world conquering messiah made from the DNA of numerous tyrants and conquerors like Genghis Khan, Hannibal, and Vlad Dracul.

The commander makes pacts with the Egyptian god Set and later on with some unnameable horror that looks like a Great Old One from the Cthulhu Mythos of H.P. Lovecraft.

It has some pretty wild stuff in it. Stuff that would fit in quite well on ATS.

Personally it piqued my interest in the military, politics, history, the occult, science, and technology.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

From all the responses I see here...there is no difference.
Only the fact that there are those who think a BTS topic is beneath their level as opposed to an ATS topic.
It matters not when the last post was made in a thread. Old topics which are similar get bumped all the time.

All well and good, but i took exception to your petulant comment of "oh well, it's not my thread".....
You linked the thread, giving no description or comments on the topic or the thread.

Also known as trolling.... I'm not saying you were, but it could be taken that way.
Looks like a good thread, but the OP expressed their opinions and now the conversation has moved on.
I'm all for bumping old threads, have done it myself.... i just didn't like your reaction to the OP.... i did not see the OP's comments as a dig or rude at all.... you seemed easily offended.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I really enjoyed "Mighty Max" he traveled thru time and space with a wise old owl and open star gates and stuff. I remember it only came on at like 5 in the A.M. and I had to intentially try to wake up that early just to watch it..Maybe I mis-read the OP, but it seems like you were looking for feedback on the "effect" of watching these old shows, and yes I think they helped spark the imaginative and creative side of me. Great thread

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If you took there graphics and MCOG's story then i'd put money on it being a hit.
The story is noted dated even now. That programme left me wanting to find out more about the ancients and i have been doing just that. ATS has assisted me in that to which i am grategul to the staff and members. Like the Discovery channel says - keep asking!

I agree definitely!! I have been linked, through various threads, to some awesome books and tales and civilizations i had no clue about, and like you... am extremely grateful.

I am fascinated by ancient cultures from the Sumerians to the Mayans to the ancient Egyptians.... and their fascination with the stars... all very mysterious and interesting

link   

Great input, starred! As i previously mentioned, i never GI Joe so its great to hear about the stuff i missed out but could have had hidden meaning/origin. Thats cool though because thanks to youtube ect. i can take a look at now. This is what i mean - its the stuff you notice now that you realise you saw back then. Keep it coming.

link   

My step-father created/produced both "Thundercats" and "Silverhawks."

If you have any questions, within reason, I am happy to try and answer them or pass them along.

Rankin Bass Productions

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
What about M.A.S.K anyone remember that cartoon...

Always riding on Venom's trail, Come see the Laser Rays, Fly away?

yeah. i member.

(ma-ma-ma-mask)

-

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Must be some truth there in my theory - could this be why those who watched subconciously found ATS - hope so, its shows how powerful media is and in this case had a good effect for once.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

This is a real useful site with synopsis of episodes and other resources for the GI JOE: RAH cartoon.

joeguide.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
hope so, its shows how powerful media is and in this case had a good effect for once.

there is a first time for everything i guess!!

But i think you may be right.... if you liked this stuff as a kid, or subconsciously picked all this up.... then it may stay with you for a long time.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thankyou for your invitation to ask questions,Wow, i feel truly priviliged. As a child (so i can excuse my humilation,ha,ha) would pretend to be wiley-kit, whilst my siter was wiley-kat, on our hoverboards. Your step father has left me with with many fond and cherished memories from my youth, he illumated a generation of childrens hearts everytime that theme tune came on.

Thundercats had an egyptian theme too it, if possible i would like to know what the inspiration was for the series and if it were created around facts/myth.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by MCoG1980]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Thanks, i'll check this one out and will let you know what i think on it.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Hmmmn, you got to think though, how many of the ATS members watched theses, would prove interesting eh?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MCoG1980
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thakyou for your invitation to ask questions,Wow, i feel truly priviliged. As a child (so i can excuse my humilation,ha,ha) would pretend to be wiley-kit, whilst my siter was wiley-kat, on our hoverboards. Your step father has left me with with many fond and cherished memories from my youth, he illumated a generation of childrens hearts everytime that theme tune came on.

That's very sweet of you to say. I'll pass it on, he loves compliments.

Thundercats had an egyptian theme too it, if possible i would like to know what the inspiration was for the series and if it were created around facts/myth.

Interesting question, I do not know the answer to it. I think what I will do is see if there are any other questions then put them all into one email in a couple of days.

Is that cool?

Great thread btw.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join