It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines violate the Geneva Convention!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

This is disgusting. Showing a captive on camera violates the GC. That is attempt to humiliate him, you can see his face that he does not want to be shown! Imagine if the Marines were in the same situation. All bloody and Islamic freedom fighters shoving a camera to get a good look at your sad eyes and how pathetic you look after being captured.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Deltaboy! What's got into you?

I've been away from the forum for a long time. We used to have our arguments in the past and I never would have thought you'd start a thread like this.

Good for you. War makes sensible people do vile things and surely this is only the tip of the iceberg.

What next? The Deltaboy Abu Ghraib thread?

Seriously... perhaps I'm doing you a retrospective injustice, but I never thought I'd see you acknowledge that not all US troops conduct themselves professionally at all times.

There might be other examples of less-than-professional conduct out there if you look.

I was actually disgusted long before the captive came into view: it's the gloating over the blood trail, the "this is what you get if you take us on" speech. I can only hope this video comes to haunt its maker and remind him of a time when he was less than human.

I think that one of the ways we differ is that you don't expect people to behave like that in a war situation, probably because you have a real emotional attachment to all the symbols and traditions of the military, whereas I'm much more of the General Smedley Butler war-is-a-racket school.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see this thread, just because of who posted it. It wouldn't mean that much if any of the usual suspects put it up, but from you, it's really cool. I notice none of the other gung-ho types have responded.

All the best,

r23

join