The Photograph that Contains Evidence of Life on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by lupusyonderboy

It has been known for years that Mars exhibits tremendous sand storms, sometimes they are planet-wide storms. The rovers, and most recently the Phoenix lander have taken "videos" (a succession of still pictures, actually) of cloud movement on Mars.

I'm sure the winds of Mars technically make a "sound", but since the atmosphere is very thin, I suspect sound waves would not propagate very well and Mars. Sound waves need "something" to travel through, and the thin atmosphere is probably insufficient to move the sound waves very well.

I doubt a human on Mars would be able to hear much of anything making a sound at a distance from our ear; HOWEVER, I think a human would be able to hear the wind blowing past the ear, or a microphone would pick up the sound of wind blowing past it.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

That's what I was wondering, I'd like to hear a recording of some Mars audio.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by MREALE
This is a cropped view of what there trying to point out.

The problem with this anomoly is its proximity to the rover, but scanning the rest of the terrain, it is the most oddest feature that discernable.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by MREALE]

In this part of the image I noticed up and to the left of "bigfoot" there is a shadow that looks like a head and one shoulder, kind of.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I spent a nice chunk of time last night reading the entire 41 page pdf.

around page 5 or so, I about lost it, but I decided I might as well give the guy a chance.

I will be the first to say it...

THIS IS DIS-INFO! Nothing to see in any of the images... it is an obvious ploy to make those interested in Mars Anomaly research look like utter nutters.

I believe there needs to be a bit of pressure applied on NASA to study the rock formation/statue more closely, as in.... really close...

I think this guy is trying to 'hide it in plain sight' as the saying goes.

just my $.02...

Coven

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok... Question....

What about the stupid LAKE in the upper right?

*walks away mumbling and shaking my head* It's reflective. It's translucent... what more do people want- a fishing boat in it? Geeze............

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is a note I wrote to a friend who had not yet read the paper - "Thanks for the update. I am uncertain from your note whether you have read the paper The Discovery of Life on Mars and viewed the photos and analysis in that 42 page paper? It can be downloaded in PDF at: exopolitics.blogs.com...

Also, what kind of laptop or desktop are you using? The upper end laptops or desktops with entertainment quality chips allow much higher resolution of the photo as you watch it than a standard laptop.

If you go to the paper, you should be able to make out a number of the animal forms. The plesiosaur on Mars resembles the dinosaur brachiosaurus or a long-necked tortoise. On page 13 of the paper, for example. the center-bottom photo is of the plesiosaur.

If you are having image problems, you may want to access a friend with an Entertainment quality laptop. See also the Methodology part of the paper for computer specs. Hope this helps."

I found that it takes a bit of learning to "see" the pleisiosaur, for example. Or new animal forms like the Woofy.

I definitely definitely disagree with the assessment that the report and supporting documents are disinformation.

My conclusion: The quality of the computer (whether entertainment or not) is a factor, as well as one's ability to read and learn how to see, for example, new animals like The Scorpion Man, which appears as a scorpion-human hybrid.

Back to you.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

His argument? "legalize those drugs, I am takin' man! Ooooh! A VW van's parked down the hill, and they're playing some Doobie Brothers!"

Holy smack... there's little more in that picture but ROCKS. and sand. And more rocks. And that pretty blue lake I pointed out in the above post. *refrains from going on a screaming fit about the stupid lake again*

I have this pic opened up in Photoshop (windows pic viewer sucks for panning), and at the highest resolution i can do without getting pixels, and I see rocks. And sand. And that stupid lake. And a funny worm shaped rock in front of a small square hole in another rock. And that Bigfoot rock... which... ummm... it DOES look like a statue. The arm and leg are well contrasted against the torso. If that's from natural forces, Mother nature must use Mars as an artistic retreat. It looks like someone squatting, to be honest. I never gave it a second look, because all the pics I saw were blurry, constrasted, and sharpened to death. I am looking at the orig image at about 300%.

if I get a notion, I may try a 3d version of the thing.

[edit on 30-12-2008 by wylekat]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by exopolitica

I have a 19 in lcd monitor that gives me resolution so good, it makes me drool. I think this guy's using an '___' monitor....

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Why is most of it blacked out? I wasted 5 minutes of my time waiting for that to load.
Thats the panoramic imaging technology of satalites. I think yes, there are like two or three humanoid forms in the rocks. Two toward the left, and one over on the right. I think the more important question to this image is not so much in rocks. The question I have is: Mars is allegeldy barren and void of life right? Why is there so much green in this image, and secondly, why is there water? The green looks like either algae, or lesser vegetation. Both indicative of breatheable atmosphere. Water: if you look to the upper right when in a greater view, you will see a small pool of water. Mars, if it really IS like we are told, would not have surface bodies of water. That pool up there, would have evaporated and been frozen simultaneously. Either way it would not have waves, nor would it be such a dark blue. I think I see the relevance, Mars is definitely habitable, either that, or someone got their hands on a test image from somewhere in the deeper Mojave Desert.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I saw this pic in a thread a while back. It is a rock. It is kinda funny though that it resembles an early picture of bigfoot.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I can just imagine if Mars was truly habitable- and almost to the point where you could walk around in a sweater and with a breather mask on- habitable... and Nasa just finally admitted it, and said " And NO ONE gets to go! it's ours! Got it??"

Nasa would have a very short, violent lifespan.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
So we're paying attention to detail in shadows on rock faces that might resemble Bigfoot's cousin Norman from Mars, but wont acknowledge the G-D lake in the upper right? I'm with whoever said something along the lines of "...what more do you need in it, a boat?" or something to that extent.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
only weird thing i found was this

just beneath the large hill on the horizon on the right of the image there is a blue spot what looks like a pond even the sand under it looks much like what you have here on the seafloor.

prob just an optical illusion.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Ok... Question....

What about the stupid LAKE in the upper right?

*walks away mumbling and shaking my head* It's reflective. It's translucent... what more do people want- a fishing boat in it? Geeze............

No..but if there were martian fish bopping up and down eating martian lake bugs and a few martian ducks swimming around that might do the trick.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 31-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
i can see patterns in the sand to the left of the "lake" - animal shapes , alien writing?

anyone else see this? helps if you zoom in.

is there a higher-res version of this image... might be something to do with jpeg compression maybe?

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by netron
i can see patterns in the sand to the left of the "lake" - animal shapes , alien writing?

anyone else see this? helps if you zoom in.

is there a higher-res version of this image... might be something to do with jpeg compression maybe?

Unfortunately, no. All of the raw dataset images are in jpg format. Some are at 1024x1024 in size, but are still published as jpg.

Im afraid that is as good as it is going to get.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Ok,but what is this? Looks like big ball shaped object.... Kind of those telescope buildings

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Here's another site with audio clips: jordanprotocell.nexo.com... Most are from Cassini-Huygens but there are others, including the infamous "WOW" signal. There are also links to other sites from there with audio files of their own.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The best part of this picture is the fact when NASA released this picture they forgot to make the sky orange, which they swear it is.

The sky is blue on mars just like here as seen by this photo. I guess if a big dust storm kicked up it might make the sky seam orange. But when it all settles down..... The sky is blueish grey

The rock formation has been discussed a billion times on a billion sites. The biggest argument for it being some form of statue is, there looks to be some sort of "path" leading down to the formation.

Like most things of this nature, your gonna see what u want to see and until a human is standing in front of it nobody is gonna know for sure.

My .02

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A rock, just a rock..... Now if it were walking, dancing... Then maybe
But really it is just a rock

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron

Try this:
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join