It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Photograph that Contains Evidence of Life on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hey, this guy's trying to grab all the glory of discovering life on Mars away from all the diligent folks on this site who have seen much more varied and conclusive "evidence" or life - or at least images of rocks that sort of kind of look like a living or dead thing or some kind -- ever since day one (and even before).

There's nothing worse than a crackpot trying to gain immortal glory for their incredible discovery than another crackpot trying to steal the glory before the other crackpots get a crack at it.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok folks THIS IS IT..I used adobe lightroom 9 to quantum magnify the whole image and found this startling piece of evidence.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by atsbeliever]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i don't see anything to the right of the Y formation in the soil except for rocks.
people are either tripping or my eyes are a model behind theirs.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Look on the horizon.

There is a white dome like structure.

Tune your contrast and you can really see it.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This is a cropped view of what there trying to point out.

The problem with this anomoly is its proximity to the rover, but scanning the rest of the terrain, it is the most oddest feature that discernable.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by MREALE]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Whats wrong with mine

Originally posted by atsbeliever
Ok folks THIS IS IT..I used adobe lightroom 9 to quantum magnify the whole image and found this startling piece of evidence.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by atsbeliever

Oh, probably nothing, I cant see it with my browser. just a box with a red cross through it.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
That sucks, it shows up on mine just fine. Anyhoo..this is why the original 'alien' picture is wrong..the figure is in completely the wrong plane of perspective to the rest of the picture..its like hes walking sideways flat on the ground, whereas if people are asking us to believe its 'real' it should be standing upright and on the correct perspective plane..I drew it out rather crudely but it gets the point across..

Originally posted by MREALE

Oh, probably nothing, I cant see it with my browser. just a box with a red cross through it.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Thats just it, in the original photo, the anomaly appears to be sitting down while its left arm is posed across its chest and the hand is flopping down.
Actually reminds me of the famous bigfoot photo of him strolling in the forest.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am so tired of people posting crud like this!
I love the photo with ET in it though...
Awesome!

Okay, first of all the existence of life cannot be proven with a photograph. An image cannot convey the criterion upon which we base our definition of life (we cannot observe metabolism, reproduction, evolution, response to environmental stimuli, etc.). Even if we are fortunate enough to capture a clear image of something "life-like", there is no way to prove anything from a still photo (case and point, ET!).

Clearly, the guy is a total whack-job who's just looking for attention, as several of you already pointed out.
He probably thinks the moon landings were hoaxes too! With researchers still debating the validity of the Allan Hills meteorite, it can be difficult to decide if something is of biogenic origin even when you have it in your hands.

No image posted on ATS or anywhere else will ever be able to definitively prove the existence of life on Mars, the Moon, Jupiter, or anywhere else. I want to see evidence of extraterrestrial life as much as anyone else but we are limited by our tools & methods. Show me a detailed analysis and maybe then, I'll take it seriously.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
If that was a living creature then it did not move during the 74+ hours that passed since the first photo was taken up to the time of the last.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsbeliever

You may have just earned a trip to the Classic Quotes Burial Ground...

Love it!

grammar edit!

[edit on 12/29/2008 by chapter29]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Tell you what, though, this is the first time I have seen this large photo. I think the ripples in the sand in the upper right are interesting. Nothing more than that, just interesting to look at.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Now that I actually study the picture I guess there is wind on Mars. I always just assumed there was nothing. I wonder if there is sound?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lupusyonderboy
Now that I actually study the picture I guess there is wind on Mars. I always just assumed there was nothing. I wonder if there is sound?

Wherever there's air of any kind, including liquid air (underwater), there will be sound. But you won't hear it the same way you would hear it on Earth. I'm guessing the sound would be muffled and thin, with limited frequency response.

I seem to recall some debate held among scientists as to whether or not it would be worth putting a microphone of some kind on a probe. I think everybody agreed that it would be a waste of money and weight. Correction: There was a microphone on the Mars Polar Lander, which crashed.

Let me do a little research... here's an interesting site with sound clips:

www.planetary.org...

Interesting.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lupusyonderboy

I think you should get more information about Mars.

One of its most famous characteristics, known for many years, is the seasonal sand-storms.

Wikipedia could be a good place to start.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lupusyonderboy

It has been known for years that Mars exhibits tremendous sand storms, sometimes they are planet-wide storms. The rovers, and most recently the Phoenix lander have taken "videos" (a succession of still pictures, actually) of cloud movement on Mars.

I'm sure the winds of Mars technically make a "sound", but since the atmosphere is very thin, I suspect sound waves would not propagate very well and Mars. Sound waves need "something" to travel through, and the thin atmosphere is probably insufficient to move the sound waves very well.

I doubt a human on Mars would be able to hear much of anything making a sound at a distance from our ear; HOWEVER, I think a human would be able to hear the wind blowing past the ear, or a microphone would pick up the sound of wind blowing past it.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
It has been brought to my attention that I acted too quickly (I didn't read the entire article and discover the "other items" supposedly in the image) so I am reopening the thread.

Carry on and PLEASE be civil.

Thread re-opened...

Springer...

[edit on 12-30-2008 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I find it rather amazing that as a lawyer, he claims this is 'proof' of life on Mars. I hope he finds a night job.

Sure.. I'm certain an alien whom happens to be rock-colored, is just casually sitting on a rock with his legs crossed in the middle of nowhere. Nothing else in site.. no vehicle.. no road.. no dwellings.. just some alien out for a hike and needed a break eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join