It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Repairs Set Back by Second Undersea Break

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Cable Repairs Set Back by Second Undersea Break

www.pcworld.com

Efforts to restore normal communications between Europe and Asia have suffered a setback after an important undersea cable broke for a second time, this time at a much greater depth.

Engineers from France Télécom had just finished repairing the Sea Me We 4 cable on Dec. 25 when the same cable broke again in a different place, this time 388 kilometers (241 miles) off the coast of Alexandria in Egypt, a France Télécom spokesman said Monday.

The repair ship the "Raymond Croz," which had just finished repairing the first break, was on its way to Sicily on Monday to pick up more cable to repair the second break, which happened more than 3,000 meters (9,800 feet) under the sea, the spokesman said.

The ship is expected to arrive at the site of the latest incident on Dec. 31 and the repairs now won't be completed until Jan. 4 or 5, the spokesman said, which would be 10 days later than originally expected.

(visit the link for the full news article)
www.pcworld.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Severed cable disrupts web access
Is the internet going down? Undersea sub-cables have just broken...
Cable Cuts In ME/Africa. Something Is Going Down. Mainstream Media Blackout.
Another undersea Internet cable damaged in Mideast: Indian firm

[edit on 29-12-2008 by EgypTer]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Now I feel just like the "MAD" guy at the McCain Rally
"I'M MAD! I’M REALLY MAD!"
I really don't know what to say, I actully can't count anymore how many cuts in how many cables happened this year.
There is NO WAY this nasty multiple breaks are just simply bad luck or a coincidence

Trawler fishing nets, a ship's anchor, undersea earthquake and seafloor mudslides, it just doesn't make any sense now. it's just a guesses and it didn't get proved or confirmed
This incidents needs to be investigated by the affected countries.

www.pcworld.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-12-2008 by EgypTer]

new topics

join