It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best thinking while falling asleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Has anyone else noticed that they are able to think better and more vividly as they are laying in bed trying to fall asleep?

I noticed that Im able to think clearer and come up with answers to the questions Im pondering during they day. I have been using this for conspiracy and life questions and almost always seem to find good theories or answers, but cannot remeber them the next day.

Anyone else with me? Who else thinks better as they fall asleep?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
it is a form of meditation, some may say you are conferring with god

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I find this the biggest problem when trying to get to sleep. I can think clearly, and because I can think so clearly I then start to think too much, and then one thing leads onto something else and before I know it it’s 4 am and I’m looking up that thing I was thinking about on the net (like right now. lol)

If you are finding you can’t remember these things the next day just have a pen and notepad next to your bed, write down quick points of anything you think of (also good for remembering dreams) then the next day it will jog your memory to exactly what you were thinking about or discovered.

Mikey

[edit on 29/12/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I will research meditation and try it as im falling asleep, hopefully with positive results.

I cant explain what its like.. Its like the answers just flow fluently through your mind. Of course, I LOVE my sleep, up to 12 hours if i get the chance.

EDIT: Mike, sounds like you got some ADD there. Haha. I have the same trouble, my mind never shuts up as im falling asleep but its almost always positive for me.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by hardcoremusiclover]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is because you are in theta brainwave state. It is the natural transition from Beta (awake, alert, task processing) to Delta (deep sleep). The same frequency is found when people are meditating. It allows for an easier flow of subconscious and right brain thoughts

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Reddupo]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hardcoremusiclover

I think that you can oversimply the movement between different levels of conciousness.

The reason that you have clarity of thought is because you regulate your breathing until you no longer recognise that you are breathing at all. Next your body begins to shut down. This allows your brain to focus on specific areas of your subconscious.

Here i will look at the reasons for it improving your memory of specific events.
i.e many people/civilisations look at this in a different way but you will find the basics are the same . The aboriginees call it a dream web. The theory basically states that everything that you have ever seen or done or thought even is stored lets say within your subconcious. The way to access it imo is through looking at everything as being relative. e,g someone says to me 3 months ago you came to my house, what did we have for lunch? I instantly say, I have no idea, when you find time, regulate your breathing etc, picture that day in your head, or something about it that was specific. and run through the journey up until the meal, you will find that, after some time you will be able to see/taste and experience other emotions you were feeling at the time.

that is just one area this form of thought can help you in.

something to consider....

when you are sat in bed thinking these thoughts try to silence them. in fact stop your brain thinking altogether. just breath, focus on this, in and out, count it in and out. do this for 10 mins or however long it takes. at this point you will achieve a higher level of conciousness outside of the petty worries of daily life, you will find contact with your self.

this is all good fun, i am happy to answer any questions you may have

[edit on 29-12-2008 by Cedik]

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey84

I totally agree. I feel like I get all sorts of interesting thoughts into my head when I'm falling asleep and that they're so clear that they continue on... and sleeping is difficult.

Not that I mind... I like the way I think before I fall asleep.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Yes I experience that as well.

I'm a guitarist, and in fact I have made up some of my most creative songs while in that state between being awake and asleep. I heard them in my head, and then I get up and try to figure out how to play it on the instrument.

Sounds Kinda weird, and I assure you, it is.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm with you. The few minutes between laying down and falling asleep my thoughts are very clear. Probably because there's no distraction, and I don't have to worry about anything at the moment. And it usually ends up putting me to sleep.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

The same thing happens to me all of the time. I've written entire symphonies in my head before I've fallen asleep. I've also started novels and figured out the secret to world peace. Of coarse I can't remember anything in the morning.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
plainview, thats why you got to get your lazy butt off the bed and go to your instrument or notebook!

It really is strange thing to experience. It's like you're just channeling the music.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

I know, I know. But, I'm sooo comfy and warm in my bed, and the floors are FREEEEZING! I have had some success writing things down, like when words and phrases come to me. But with this music I hear, the weird things is, all of this information is coming so fast, that as soon as I'm trying to absorb the the first movement, it takes another turn and more keeps coming, and it doesn't stop... I end up forgetting it all in the same moment. I don't know where these 15-20 minute symphonies are coming from, I listen to Bach and Beethoven, but I primarily play heavy metal. Bizarre.

Now... they need to invent some kind of machine that can the take sounds from my mind, and transfer them to my computer in a stream of midi, so when I wake up I have a nice little electronic "note". Yes. I will get right on that. Or I could just invest in a small tape recorder, so I can grab it, walk downstairs (so I won't wake up the hubby) and hum what I can and make notes of the instruments included.

[edit on 3-1-2009 by plainview]

[edit on 3-1-2009 by plainview]

new topics

top topics

join