It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solutions for Israel and Hamas??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I do not think a two state solution can work, why not start alover again and construct a new state where everything is mixed.Where there is no Arab and no Jewish state but a mixed inviorment and a goverment without a color.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Sounds interesting. How do you propose getting the two sides to agree with this? Would you be proposing that both sides take turn running the country?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

But we need to slap a big ultimatum on these summits.
Rule # 1 = No one leaves the building until a SOLUTION is reached!

Now that there is one hell of an idea.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by pepsi78

Sounds interesting. How do you propose getting the two sides to agree with this? Would you be proposing that both sides take turn running the country?

Mixed senators, a mixed parlament, not about the president, except for the US the president is usualy more simbolic and has no influence.
It's about who makes the rules and the laws.Even call it something else, israelistine or something, I'm sure they can work something out for the name as well, mix the police mix the military.If that were to happen and Hamas would opose then they would lose credibility over the people, that is not happening right now as you see the people voted for them and are for them.If you want to get people on your side you do not bomb them and then point the finger at Hamas and state it's their fault.

That is the problem, Israel is acting even more extreme than Hamas.
Cuting aid,electricity and water suplies won't make you a hero, killing civilians won't make you a hero either.Israel is worse than Hamas at this point.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Let them kill each other until they can't handle it anymore. Gaza will be No Mans Land.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

Good thread, you are seeking a resolution instead of blame or slandering Jews, definitely makes you on of the THINKERS and not the perpetrators... Good Job!

I think Jam may be on to something with the plan to hand it to Jordan or Egypt although both Jordan and Egypt have in the past removed these people from their nations, I think it wold take the Israelis out of the deal and therefore would remove the Jews are committing Genocide bull...

If the Palestinians would accept a state they would have in 48 when the U.N. gave them one equal to Israel, but they turned that down. If the Palestinians wanted statehood they would have accepted the many attempt at Israel to give them land for peace, but they turned them all down...

Maybe taking the Jews out o the equation would only make the Palestinians attack Jordan or Egypt but at least the world couldn't scream about Israeli Genocide if it was another Arab Nation doing what had to be done to the terrorists in Gaza. Maybe Egypt of Jordan could make the Palestinian people refuse to play with Hamas and Hezbollah and thereby give the region some stability that could be built upon and eventual statehood could come from it...

Anyways this thread is the best one I have seen on this issue as it seeks the answer to the problem not blaming one side or the other for the tragedy taking place in Israel and Gaza!

GOOD JOB FOR LOOKING OUT!!!

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Come on guys, save the whose fault is it for the other threads. Let's just offer some possible solutions that could possibly help bring peace to the region. Let's just stay focused on the solutions and stay away from the blame game.

Pepsi, you offer some good ideas.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Cool thread OP, I've been having this discussion with friends for a few days now, mock brain storming for a solution as should have take, and should be, taking place in the UN.

I strongly believe that there were a handful of options available to Israel and the international community that didn't involve a full-scale armed assault on Gaza, and I'm sure strategists and diplomats all over could come up with a lot more creative options.

In any case, I'm not sure if you mean to discuss the entire Israeli/Palestinian problem, or just Gaza, I would rather address Gaza to begin with, as West Bank Palestine under the PA is pretty much sorted. The PA is ready for a diplomatic solution, and has pretty much settled for one.

Here is my solution to the Gaza problem:

Gaza is a little bit messed up, we all know this, it is a Palestinian satellite province detached from the rest of the country and run by an elected terrorist organisation, unfortunately. This organisation will [ii]never recognise Israel as a legitimate nation, thus Israel will never recognise Gaza as being run by a legitimate government.

This strip of Palestinian land can never be reattached to its 'motherland' for obvious reason, so either one must bite the bullet and accept the Gaza strip as a permanent satellite state and deal with the numerous difficulties that this would entail. Alternately one must bite another hard bullet and accept that the Gaza strips' existence cannot be a permanent feature in the area.

Israel clearly would embrace this second bullet; they do not want the strip there, and in my opinion are taking measures to drive out the Gazaens. Remember the air-dropped pamphlets telling civilians to leave? The problem is that Israel does not want them to leave into Israeli teritory and settle there, they would rather have less than more Arabs living in their land. So they are hoping they will all run to Egypt, but again, the Egyptians don't want them either. They are cornered, and no one wants to deal with them.

Originally posted by deltaboy
Let them kill each other until they can't handle it anymore. Gaza will be No Mans Land.

This is one solution to the problem, and is perhaps what Israel is hoping to achieve; for what could they possibly be hoping to do once this offensive is finished? Install a puppet Israeli government? Allow re-elections only to discover that the people have now been filled with so much hatred and violence that they elect Hamas II?

No ways, instead of the military ultimatum Israel has given and seen expire, they should have given a diplomatic ultimatum: That all Gazaens will be permanently removed and relocated into PA Palestine. Because if they want to remove the Arabs from the region, you might as well not do so with weapons.

Israel could have called upon the UN and the US to help finance a mass migration of the peoples to the rest of Palestine, providing transport of all possessions, they could have commited to building adequate housing for every single migrant, they could have built schools, everything they would need to start a descent life in a new home.

The people of Gaza could have been warned of this eventuality long in advance to give them time to prepare, UN peacekeeping forces could be sent in to monitor the situation and provide a peaceful transition. All this could have been achieved for probably less money than it's costing to America to sponsor Israel every year and Israel is spending on military tools in this incursion.

It would not be easy to convince people of this move, especially the people living in Gaza, but I think the bullet that we're going to have to bite eventually is that Gaza cannot have a long and peaceful future at its current location.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wish these solutions could actually be implemented but we all know they never will. I am so disgusted in the human race...why do we still act so primitive? We are in the 21st century!! They need to grow a brain and realize destruction, violence and hatred will not achieve anything, it will only stunt the development of man kind. I know this isn't a real solution and innocent people will still get killed but I agree with deltaboy, let them kill each other, they don't deserve to be a part of civilization.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join