For those of you who think you are "The One" please read this...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
So you think that quoting other people who say profound things is wrong? This would be quite a problem because learning often requires help from somone else. what about reiterating what you mean to explain from somone else words?

im afraid somthing is very wrong here in what your saying.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
So you think that quoting other people who say profound things is wrong? This would be quite a problem because learning often requires help from somone else. what about reiterating what you mean to explain from somone else words?

why care? obviously one cannot speak for all. you're doin great.

[edit on 2-1-2009 by Kat77]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Uh, there is actually something very wrong with what you are saying.

Saying something profound does not make one have divine qualities, which are alleged by quite a few of these people.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
i think everybody has divine qualities as i'm inspired by all one way or another.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Bottom line is that too many people saw the Matrix and like any good movie they can now see themselves as the main character and "put themselves in his shoes" so to speak.

Someone once told me.... Its easy to beleive that you are the cure but hard to admit that you were also part of the disease.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I would advise you to check out Pharaohmoan's sci-forums rubbish he was riddiculed there and didnt take on board a word anyone said to him

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Starred and flagged

Everytime I hear/see someone proclaim I Am The One! I get that from Montypython's 'Life of Brian' on my mind, where Brian is hanging on the cross (like jesus) together with a whole bunch of other people being cruisified . Some soldiers come to ask 'who's Brian' waving a release form in their hands. Whereby everyone start shouting I'm Brian, No I'm Brian and so on.

He He

Btw - Yes IAmD1 and I challenged anyone on here to prove to me I am not -LOL

[edit on 5/1/2009 by IAmD1]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman692
Wow, apparently i've struck a nerve with a few people.

You struck my nerves.

Youtube told me im the chosen one!

Proof below, if you can do this then you too are chosen!

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

In seriousness though I think a lot of people take knowledge, experience and give it the wrong understanding which results in some getting muddled up. Eventually they work it out though like everything else.

Because of the anonyminity of ATS that is another reason for it but that is this sites greatest strength and weakness is it not?

Chill out and have patience.

[edit on 5-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

I could not agree more with the sentiment expressed in your OP, sandman692.

And as to this:

If you believe that you are somehow a catalyst to thrust the human race into the next level of consciousness, and you have lived multiple lifetimes through the millenia, i have a question for you: Why are you on ATS?

well, that is a question I have asked many a wannabe messiah/alien/spiritual avatar on ATS. And as you’re probably aware, a straight answer is never forthcoming. Fortunately, we already know the answer: the internet is impersonal and a perfect camouflage, therefore the profusion of digi-egos and ego-surfing has become rife.

Our illustrious Springer penned a thread some time ago in regard to this phenomenon:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The typical deluded poster/hoaxer’s “digital ego” can be compared to Freuds’ “ID”, the:

impulsive, child-like portion of the psyche that operates on the "pleasure principle" and only takes into account what it wants and disregards all consequences.

Also, his “Super-Ego”:

…is the moral component of the psyche, which takes into account no special circumstances in which the morally right thing may not be right for a given situation…

and goes some to explaining the almost evangelical enthusiasm for their mission/message these “Ones” insist on regaling us with. They see no wrong in proselytizing the philosophies of a far more glamorous persona, even if their own subconscious considerations argue strongly to the contrary. To be a reborn mystic, or a Pleidian, is far more desirable than the tedious existence of being a burger flipper.

Unfortunately, the “Rational Ego”, which:

…attempts to exact a balance between the impractical hedonism of the id and the equally impractical moralism of the super-ego…

suffers badly under this onslaught. It does, nevertheless, assert itself when the actions of the individual are threatened, and exhibits recognizable traits. When this happens it (my emphasis):

…it is the part of the psyche that is, usually, reflected most directly in a person's actions. When overburdened or threatened by its tasks, it may employ defense mechanisms including denial, repression, and displacement.

The defense mechanism can be seen when the hoaxer is confronted by negative responses to their thread. Here, we can often see them retreat even further in to their delusions. Again, Freud described these phases in four levels, which included such recognisable behaviour as:

A gross reshaping of external reality to meet internal needs.

Refusal to accept external reality because it is too threatening; arguing against an anxiety-provoking stimulus by stating it doesn't exist

Tendency to retreat into fantasy in order to resolve inner and outer conflicts.

Temporary drastic modification of one's personal identity or character to avoid emotional distress

Constructive service to others that brings pleasure and personal satisfaction

The unconscious modeling of one's self upon another person's character and behavior

en.wikipedia.org...-ego

And the list goes on.

If an individual is convinced of their “specialness”, and has the contrary pointed out successfully, then the whole mood of the thread can, and often does, devolve into something decidedly undiplomatic. This may not be a spiteful move by the original poster, as the above examples demonstrate, but can be galling nevertheless. Often, I have found myself goading a “contactee” or an “alien” into decidedly un-enlightened responses. Maybe this is a testament to faults in my own psyche. Who knows?

It’s deliciously good fun all the same.

So, are we to feel sympathy for these people?
In a way, yes.
They are, after all, suffering under very real delusions that will be effecting their everyday life. But all the time we should remember, and hope sincerely, that good, solid, logical discussion can (if the recipient is at all conscious of the flawed reasoning behind their floundering, moralistic preaching) reach into a battered psyche and remind the sufferer that there is a real world beyond the monitor facing them. Perhaps ATS, and all it stands for, can actually help.

Then again, we could simply be dealing with malicious trolls. The intellectual content of their posts is invariably in direct relation to their level of education. Basic and uncompleted.

And it always shows.

This type of deliberate hoaxer I would gladly cover with jam and stake down over a nest of Paraponera clavata, or bullet ants:

named on account of its powerful and potent sting, which is said to be as painful as being shot with a bullet.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well what if people join a forum like this to improve themselves? You have access to more emotional and mostly illogical material than could be found anywhere else. On the internet people act like they "feel" that feel is important to me because you get a more intimite look into somones mind.. that you would get no where else. Some people have suicidal parents, drug addicted siblings, and phobia ridden friends.

Sometimes keys are found in places like these "The dimonds in the rough"

If anyone is gonna help delusional people... you have to get your hands dirty.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

...and that seems like a great time to end this thread.

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSpark

there was once a friends episode in which joey wrote a letter, and to make himself sound smarter he used a thesaurus on every word in the letter, which of course made the letter unreadable. too many people on this forum suffer from this same problem. i agree with you spark, to a certain extent, because this thread has strayed far from what it should have been.

Don't get me wrong, i think that open discussion is wonderful, but this has devolved into Wertgaf (spelling?) spewing "profound thoughts" and everyone else looking at what he's writing and above their heads in a cartoon-like fashion appears the following:

?WTF?

*disclaimer*
I rarely watch TV, but this made me think of one of the few friends episodes i had ever seen, so don't let that reflect upon me in a negative light. (jennifer anniston's sexy though, so that's a plus.)

edited for spelling

[edit on 6-1-2009 by sandman692]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandman692

Don't get me wrong, i think that open discussion is wonderful, but this has devolved into Wertgaf (spelling?) spewing "profound thoughts" and everyone else looking at what he's writing and above their heads in a cartoon-like fashion appears the following:

?WTF?

Amen to that! I'm out of this thread! RIP!

All that I know is that I know nothing -Socrates

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Well what if people join a forum like this to improve themselves?

I’m assuming here, hopefully correctly, that you are referring to the “Ones”?

I don’t believe they are here to improve themselves, as they very vocally come pre-equipped with an attitude of already having been enhanced by spiritual revelation/alien contact/knowledge of pre-existence. How can an “enlightened” “One” improve their lot by arguing as to who and what they are to ATS members? And if they weren’t expecting that sort of response, well, they aren’t that “enlightened” are they?

You have access to more emotional and mostly illogical material than could be found anywhere else. On the internet people act like they "feel" that feel is important to me because you get a more intimite look into somones mind...that you would get no where else.

And I agree with that statement. In any (relatively) unregulated forum (as in anyone with an opinion can add to the discussion, no matter what their understanding of the subject matter) the reader will find logical, balanced replies mixed with emotional, heartfelt responses. Not to mention a sprinkling of needy souls looking for confirmation of deeply held beliefs, no matter what the level or reasoning behind, or manner of corroboration, that may be.

How often have we read member’s replies to “enlightening message” threads that just dive in at the deep end and agree completely with the poster’s points and ideas?

OP: “I am a Pleidian. I have known this since leaving my employ at KFC!”

Reply: “OMG! Like that’s totally what I thought about myself, too! My lower astrals are strong in the Force. What about yours?”

That example is a little flippant maybe. But you see the fundamental route these threads take, and are designed to take either consciously or not, wherein they pull in unquestioning believers by the droves.

There is an underlying need for certain people to have their fears of living in an extraordinary, but as yet unexplained, life answered instantly. The “Ones” are not the answer to this problem. Well, as yet they haven’t been.

Some people have suicidal parents, drug addicted siblings, and phobia ridden friends.

This backs up my examples of how the human psyche responds to emotional or psychological trauma, or how various psychoses are manifest by those who suffer under them. As I said before, they are to be pitied, though the pity will not be accepted easily.

Sometimes keys are found in places like these "The dimonds in the rough"

Again, true. This thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

to me, and many others, is an excellent example of how to approach the subject of enlightenment. The author, citizenc, in my opinion, is relating very real experiences. They are related in a rational and coherent manner, and though dealing with subjects that many will find extreme, the tone of the thread never becomes sensationalistic.
In this thread, and certain others, we could well be reading of the expansion of the human experience.

If anyone is gonna help delusional people... you have to get your hands dirty.

Whilst I suggested that ATS, as a sounding board for radical ideas, may well assist those who are burdened with an imaginary responsibility to declare their specialness to the world via an internet forum, ATS is not a self-help group. Think of more as a conspiratorial gladiatorial area. Some are gonna end up as meat.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Why end the thread?

And, more importantly, why suggest it?

If there is someone exhibiting the very behavior we are discussing, why declare that the thread has to close because of it? That position, in itself, is worthy of discussion.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thinking that there is ONE would be quite a depressig idea....

Maybe just one in a city?... more probable. LOL

In a universe so vast.. even on a planet with this many people... to think that only one life in causality would become the only one to uderstand the nature of the universe is unlikely..

What would be more likely is an almost unified conciousness though a mutual understanding. I belive there are many roads to the top of the mountian... from the top you can veiw and understand the river of casualitys path.

Lets discuss this....

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
(Sorry only read the OP)

Why wouldnt an advanced being post on ATS? Why make ATS look insignificant?

Its afterall a place where a majority of the alternative-thought minority spend time.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Because if you are really an advanced being out to save the world, posing as a messiah on ATS is not likely to further your goal.

ATS is large enough that for every person who claims to be the messiah, someone will take them seriously. There are enough gullible people here to fall for it. Which is EXACTLY why people do that. They know they'll get at least one.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Its a battle of logic and understanding. Indeed this is forum is very much like an arena. We throw down our staves... turn them into snakes and they fight. Some people just fail to see where the blows land.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Here's a few possible reason the one would come to ATS:

The one doesn't want money or material possessions, so probably has a lot of time on his or her hands. Why not screw around on the conspiracy sites to have a little fun.

Conspiracy theorists are bound to be the first to discover the ones secrets, why not check out what they know.

The one is putting together a new script for a fantasy/adventure movie, he/she needs filler, so he/she pilfers our ideas.

Besides the one would know that the world fixes itself when he/she's around and there is no need to actually get his/her hands dirty, so they hang out on ATS, to screw with troublemakers.

[edit on 7-1-2009 by huckfinn]

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join