For those of you who think you are "The One" please read this...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
The only guy trying to talk some sense into the thread was outcast meanwhile the OP "Hidden_Hand" was probably laughing his ass off somewhere. I have on several occasions thought It would be best to not post on ATS anymore.

I have to agree - the hidden hand thread was so obviously someone here to pull everyone's chain, and people fell for it en masse. Anytime someone claims to be a Illuminati mastermind they shouldn't be taken seriously - and people said in that thread that he seemed credible because he could write well! My, if that's the rubric we are using, its quite sad.

The guy was probably some college kid who was here to poke fun at the "crazy people" and was having a great time taking on his persona as the Illuminati Master of the Universe. And people took him so seriously they copied and pasted his thread on to other sites (and ignored all who dared question ,like myself) and offered up PDFS for people to print out as if it were a bible.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Wow, apparently i've struck a nerve with a few people, while at the same time saying the kind of thing that people on this board have been wanting to say, but haven't until now.

I'm glad that i have opened up this bag of cats, to deliberate about the kind of content that this site should have on it, because i believe dearly that we should all deny ignorance.

While i'm not saying that content posted here should be censored in any way, i just don't want there to be things that are obviously put-ons by pre-pubescent teenagers, because i think they are just trying to incite a response, and i feel that their ill-derived posts detract from the dignified logical debates and conversations that others are trying to have.

I thank you all for your responses, and i look forward to even more perhaps.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
All of the major boards where spammed about two weeks ago by someone who 'Had A Special Message' to tell all of us Peons. Although the posters latly have been quite articulate, their knowledge of certain mystic and new age theory is greatly flawed. That said I don;t believe it was a college kid. More like a slightly more intelligent highschooler.
On another board we had someone who was quite delusional and showed it quite plainly and was getting realy weirded out becasue no one was buying into his Deific musings. Most who posted opinions on his 'Godification' where trying to showhim his delusions but they got more and more outlandish with threats of death and maimings and all manner of illwill on the board. Come to find out, after some investigation, they had been thrown off at least 3 other boards for the same problem. he wanted followers and wasn't getting anywhere. We finaly booted them after the threats got realy out of hand. Some are here to just pull our respective chains but some are legitamtely insane!
Zindo

[edit on 1/1/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

to know what hot is you must be burned, to know the cold you must shiver.
some people get burned and say i never want someone to know what this is like, and other understand that there is no better way. What mercy is there in gving anyone the awnsers and robbing them of their experiance for your own ego? you leave them weak.

"forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass agianst us."

hmm who was the man who said such a "symbolistic" thing.

"The prophet is not diverted by illusions of past, present and future. The fixity of language determines such linear distinctions. Prophets hold a key to the lock in a language. The mechanical image remains only an image to them. This is not a mechanical universe. The linear progression of events is imposed by the observer. Cause and effect? That's not it at all. The prophet utters fateful words. You glimpse a thing "destined to occur." But the prophetic instant releases something of infinite portent and power. The universe undergoes a ghostly shift. Thus, the wise prophet conceals actuality behind shimmering labels. The uninitiated then believe the prophetic language is ambiguous. The listener distrusts the prophetic messenger. Instinct tells you how the utterance blunts the power of such words. The best prophets lead you up to the curtain and let you peer through for yourself."

The Stolen Journals

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don’t think there is anything wrong with debating the theory that a person could be a singular power or authority of any kind.
Reasonable debating is why I loved ATS so much over the years.

But every once in a while a philosophy spreads through the boards like a virus and I guess it irritates me that so many people espousing to some notion that they have intellectual prowess fall into said philosophies hook line and sinker.

It’s like they totally forget where they are. Spending time on ATS is fine but letting it become the method by which a person measures reality is faulty to say the least.

However these “I’m the ONE” threads can easily be debunked based on the persons writing style.
When a character begins a thread proclaiming that “THEY” are this or that “WE” are that should act as a red flag to anyone.

Separating themselves from the rest of the world by one method or another is a perfect example of individual escapism, and I don’t want to ride that train.

Not to mention when they write with such an unbridled arrogance that can only be matched by the most clichéd of aristocracy should like wise send an alarm sounding through the minds of those who wish to deny ignorance.

All a person has to do is spend a little time studying and working on their writing skills and then they can convince someone else they are a blue blooded and privileged god man I guess.

I don’t know, I’m pretty sure most of the people who fall for this crap are the same people that fall for the next line every other month.

Maybe I need to start an international guild of immortals to get peoples attention. The mere fact that people pay more attention to the preposterous rather than the rational is at least in my mind proof that many are trying to turn off the reality in which they live.

Whatever enjoy. I still love you ATSers Because you make me all warm GOOOOOGLLLYYY inside..
Happy new year.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Can I join your group?? Please, pretty please, I can act godlike real good. I've practiced and everything!!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is a person's feeling that 'they are the one' true, false or delusional?

If it is false, and worse a scam, then they should be debunked.

If they really are 'The One', then their post is likely to stand out as superlative and they would be able to give every one of us some new information about the totality of all that exists; all that has existed; and all that ever will exist. In all probability their grammar and spelling will be impeccable.

In the case that they are deluded or have a misguided belief, then I feel that they should be corrected or redirected in a compassionate way. I would hope that ATS members would be generous enough to do that.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Is a person's feeling that 'they are the one' true, false or delusional?

If it is false, and worse a scam, then they should be debunked.

If they really are 'The One', then their post is likely to stand out as superlative and they would be able to give every one of us some new information about the totality of all that exists; all that has existed; and all that ever will exist. In all probability their grammar and spelling will be impeccable.

In the case that they are deluded or have a misguided belief, then I feel that they should be corrected or redirected in a compassionate way. I would hope that ATS members would be generous enough to do that.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Only if you promise to wear your best Illuminati/ Reptilian/ GFL/ N.W.O./ bilderberg/New Age adornments.
We cant have you failing inspection your first day now can we.

When the little people view us we must appear to them as having a countenance of lighting lest we embarrass the family………insert haughty laugh here…………….chuckles…

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

I would agree up to a point. However, I know of some extremely gifted folks who are unbelieveably nutz and can't be let out amongst the citizenry. They can conceive and write about very believable but completely insane topics. They have fantastic vocabulary and manipulative styles. Kinda like those that write those speeches for our Congress Critters!!!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I agree with you to an extent but keep in mind what you just said.

ATS Members??????

With all do respect I have reason to believe that if God himself came down to earth and crushed every effort at being debunked while at the same time enlightening the world to all wonders of which you speak,

ATS posters would absolutely deny whole heartedly claiming he was a holographic dis-info agent elegantly contrived by some secret society to brainwash the masses.

After all this is what ATS is about, Deny ignorance could just as easily mean “Deny anything that doesn’t fit my perception because my reality is dictated by my perceptions!”

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

No change there then?

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have this theory for why so many think they are "the one."

They have educated themselves to the conspiracies that have wrought our civilization.

They feel as if they are the only ones who know what is going on and have a pretty good idea how to stop it.

So they try to wake others up to their version of the truth, with little regard for what the truth as they see it would mean to those who might be "bathed in their light."

They feel a vital connection to the survival of this planet. They believe they were "sent" in order to transcend the misery they have witnessed.

People, we all came from the same source...no matter what group you identify with.

I enjoy political chatrooms. They provide insight and education, humor and comaraderie. So many in one room all with different opinions about what is, how it got like that and what to do about it. IOW, a whole lot of wind that barely goes anywhere.

In exposing myself to such rhetoric, it was the first realization that I am different. I have never ignored or deleted or backed down from an adversary in this type of forum. The strength of my convictions caused a feeling of superiority. I went so far as to jokingly reply to a question of goals that it was my goal to one day be recognized, and raised to the level of deity then have a religion spring up as a result of my message. Some took me serious. Others laughed with me and suggested that the Gods find it amusing to hear our requests.

btw, i seriously considered i was "the one" for about 5 seconds. I was wearing jesus style sandals at the time and figured it was a subconscious joke on myself to consider such a thing.

We definitely are all potentially "the one." By that same token, we are also capable of going the other way and being an antichrist. I don't have a problem with people thinking they are "the one" as long as they consider the feelings of everyone because that, imvho, is going to be what will ultimately save us from the mess we have created.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well you were one willing to make an effort if I am reading your post correctly. If your willing to give the benefit of doubt than perhaps I can do so as well.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
threw you the obvious and you flew with it on your back,
a name in your recollection,
thrown down among a million same.
difficult not to feel a little bit disappointed and passed over
when i've looked right through
to see you naked and oblivious
and you don't see me.
but i threw you the obvious
just to see if there's more behind the eyes of a fallen angel,
the eyes of a tragedy.
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all
and see you.
so i threw you the obvious
to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel,
eyes of a tragedy.
oh well. apparently nothing.
you don't see me.
you don't see me at all.

3 libras, A Perfect Circle

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
threw you the obvious and you flew with it on your back,
a name in your recollection,
thrown down among a million same.
difficult not to feel a little bit disappointed and passed over
when i've looked right through
to see you naked and oblivious
and you don't see me.
but i threw you the obvious
just to see if there's more behind the eyes of a fallen angel,
the eyes of a tragedy.
here i am expecting just a little bit
too much from the wounded.
but i see through it all
and see you.
so i threw you the obvious
to see what occurs behind the eyes of a fallen angel,
eyes of a tragedy.
oh well. apparently nothing.
you don't see me.
you don't see me at all.

3 libras, A Perfect Circle

If all you do is quote songs, why not create a website for the purpose and spare us the distraction? Seriously, you may have a certain "connect the dots" skill (in a song lyrics context) that some people will appreciate.

I DO NOT. PRETTY DAMNED SURE I SPEAK FOR THE MAJORITY.

"I'll be watching youuuuuuu".. "I'll be watching youuuuuu.."

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
can you find any other instance of me quoting a song on this board?

hmm well your off to a bad start on this whole making posts thing. better luck next time and try to think BEFORE you post. Good luck.

o yeah and theres an edit button at the top right of your post just incase you feel like growing up and reducing the amount of capitals you have there.

[edit on 1-1-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Resinveins

to know what hot is you must be burned, to know the cold you must shiver.
some people get burned and say i never want someone to know what this is like, and other understand that there is no better way. What mercy is there in gving anyone the awnsers and robbing them of their experiance for your own ego? you leave them weak.

"forgive our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass agianst us."

hmm who was the man who said such a "symbolistic" thing.

"The prophet is not diverted by illusions of past, present and future. The fixity of language determines such linear distinctions. Prophets hold a key to the lock in a language. The mechanical image remains only an image to them. This is not a mechanical universe. The linear progression of events is imposed by the observer. Cause and effect? That's not it at all. The prophet utters fateful words. You glimpse a thing "destined to occur." But the prophetic instant releases something of infinite portent and power. The universe undergoes a ghostly shift. Thus, the wise prophet conceals actuality behind shimmering labels. The uninitiated then believe the prophetic language is ambiguous. The listener distrusts the prophetic messenger. Instinct tells you how the utterance blunts the power of such words. The best prophets lead you up to the curtain and let you peer through for yourself."

The Stolen Journals

SORRY! I meant if all you can do is quote everyone under the sun AND NOT EVEN CORRECTLY SITE THE SOURCE.. please stop son. Yes, you quoted a song. Then the Lords Prayer.. and then the above.. This is from a science fiction book, (Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune, 276). You make the 'stolen journals' sound like some long lost sacred texts. Do you believe Frank was a Prophet?

Please use this space to connect dots, share original thoughts and not ride the coat-tails of writers you whipped your highlighter out for to make yourself look smart.

Cheers!

SSpark says... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

[edit on 1-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If you dont notice a usefull peice of information in that post im afraid that is both of our problems.. because i would love to help you understand what you missed. Although you do have to want to understand.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If you dont notice a usefull peice of information in that post im afraid that is both of our problems.. because i would love to help you understand what you missed. Although you do have to want to understand.

Well sure I see something useful. I see a Sleeper fantasizing about Awakening. Go for it for God's sake! You remember well and you are connecting dots. That's a start.

Now do something. Infer. Deduct. Do. Take the next step. But please stop quoting. Its "both our problems".

Best wishes and good luck!

SSpark says... Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join