It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who think you are "The One" please read this...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I've chosen not to read self inflated threads like these.(mostly because I can't read very well)

I have given some thought that if I was some type of chosen "ONE", I imagined how I would like to display it here at ATS with psychic knowledge about it's members and morph the whole page into some creepy special effect of an alien or whatever.

Some here are very creative writers and probably have a future with it. Unfortunately, I think many have played far too many video games that make them feel special or chosen.

I like the Star Wars Jedi mind tricks, but I didn't play very many video or computer games or even read their books.

For the most part, I'm under the impression that many if not most who come here are deluded and or disillusioned in some way. Deny Ignorance anyway all you wonderful chosen members.

I doubt "THE ONE" will actually make themselves known on this forum, but they might be a member here (in some way) anyway.

What if.... www.youtube.com...

[edit on 29-12-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Alright I read it, as much as I could stomach anyway. WOW. I love how he says, 'I cannot prove it yet, but I will'. Why do these people always say that? It's not sneaky, most people can see right through that kind of BS. I think there is a difference between having an open mind and believing everything some anonymous crackpot spouts.

Schrodingers Dog-
I liked that

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I greatly appreciate the compliment Schrodinger, and while i can't tell you who or what to worship as your god, I'm just a guy who values common sense, and if you knew me, i'm sure you'd find I was more valuable to you as a drinking buddy than a god

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

I agree 100% with you, because i think that there are many people on these boards who have had experiences or know many things, but they don't try to build themselves up on a house of unfulfilled claims and broken grammar. when they speak, they speak eloquently and with sense, and don't say things that they can't usually back up, or even have to, in some cases.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
After reading the whole royal family guy thread I am astonished at how many people were either taken into the fiction or just playing along.

I have to say that this is a result of either too many years playing dungeons and dragons, or proof that people are dumb as rocks.

The only guy trying to talk some sense into the thread was outcast meanwhile the OP "Hidden_Hand" was probably laughing his ass off somewhere. I have on several occasions thought It would be best to not post on ATS anymore.

I mean this is ridiculous, and the arrogance that is shoved down my throat is repulsive. "Some would say if you don’t like it why are you on ATS?"

Because ATS is a conspiracy site and a damn good one, not a playground for school children wanting to proclaim they are a level 7 paladin with 18+ hit points and +3 magical capabilities. Or make outlandish claims about being “the one”.

Please excuse me while I vomit a little.

Holy crap!!!! I wonder if I can convince people I’m a magical Christmas squirrel with all of lifes answers shoved up my fluffy little backside, I honestly don’t think it would be to hard.

I wouldn’t have thought possible yet reading the last thread I see now I’m ohh sooo wrong.

See ya ATS.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
OP

I can understand your frustation along with many others; the gray area is for discussing experiences and happenings that provoke thought and discussion, yet most times cannot be backed up with tangible evidence;

discussion in a reasonable and rational manner should be the norm and standard, but there wil always be those instances where the premise is very out in left field to most members here;

probably would have been more appropriate to have named this the twilight zone or outer limits.

Admittedly, there are things un-explainable that seem to defy all logic and rationale, yet are still there before us, so the best we can do is to observe and draw our own conclusions and formulate our own opinions and theories;

are some of these posters mad as hatters? possibly; are some as full of feces as a christmas turkey on the 4th of july? wouldn't doubt it a bit.

just as some deliberately tru to spin tall tales and weave fantasies to deceive everyone; just try not to take it personally, and cooly judge for your self, as we all must do;

good thread and good thoughts, all, and happy new years to all.

seeker

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

If they know and keep their mouths shut.... how would you know?

A second line will be provided on a need to know basis.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

the reason for "keeping their mouth shut" is twofold:

1- very little communication is necessary for two people who are on the same level of knowledge to reach an understanding. that is to say that they understand each other implicitly. this can be seen in the example of a zen koan.

2- enlightenment cannot, because of its paradoxical nature, be transmitted through typical methods of communication. someone whom has achieved some level of enlightenment would know this and would not attempt to *explain* it to someone else.

_____

if you are asking how would *i* know that *they* know if they never open their mouth? well, quite simply. an enormous amount of information can be conveyed in relatively few, well chosen, words. in other words:

someone that knows speaks quietly and infrequently.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

1. By what measure are you defining "levels of knowledge"? And if you mean implicitly the way I think you do, you might as well have said they will understand each other magically.

2. "enlightenment cannot, because of its paradoxical nature, be transmitted through typical methods of communication" ..... Really. Why? Because you say so? Are there any other rules about enlightenment I should be aware of? Who decided that enlightenment was paradoxical in nature? And why can't it be transmitted in the typical ways? Is it because it wouldn't sound quite so mysterious that way? You wouldn't be making this up as you went along now would you?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

i cant figure why you are so confrontational? troll? i probably shouldnt respond, but will give you the benefit of the doubt.

1- i have not made (and will not make) any attempt to define specific levels of knowledge. there is no magic involved. the two enlightened individuals simply understand the same underlying structure of existence. thus no (or very little) communication is necessary.

an hypothetical example in graphic form:

IRT the image: person A is locked in the prison with no means of communication with person B. they are both trying to release A from the prison. where to start digging? probably at point C. why? point C is the only angle which is different from the rest. *both people are able to come to the same conclusion because they both understand the underlying structure of the system.*

2- although the nature of consciousness is still a mystery, it can easily be seen that it is some form of a "tangled heirarchy". answer quickly now

a self-referential system is paradoxical by nature. information about it cannot be transmitted in the typical ways because invariably there will be some jerk whom insists on freezing the self-referential loop in place, thus forming a this/that dialectical argument, thus destroying the paradox, thus not understanding the underlying structure and.....thus: rudely claiming that others are "making it up as they go along".

play nice.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Oooooo Ooooooo! I'm the one! Yeah, it was it a game I played once... Ummm... Wait... Nope, sorry.... I was "It".

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I dont know if I am included in the "one" things. I wrote quotes from the matrix upon arrival here to explain where I was coming from maybe columbiner. Seven years, went online several times nothing everyone tells me I am crazy. I had freedom of speech here and thought this might be a really big conspiracy. In the hospital younger woke up with scar on right hand and i was made fun of in high school and decided f it I dont wanna deal with you people social suicide your society is worthless I wanna go home. They called the cops I never said anything. I dont know if the "one" or I look like the beast or antichrist I am just normal I wasnt sent by god dont know him dont hate him and dont want to go to war or fight to the death. Sorry if I sound self serving I just read to much into everything and internalize or try to make sense of it.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Me?? Confrontational??? Surely you jest? A troll? Nope. I don't feel particularly trollish. Anyway, back to the fun

1. No you did not attempt to define "levels of knowledge". You used the phrase in your first post as if it was relevant to something. Again... I will ask... how can two people be on the same "level of knowledge" in your estimation, when you cannot define what a "level of knowledge" is, how many levels there are, what differentiates one level from another, and just how, when, and by whom these things were decided.

Ahhh, yes, let's not forget the graphic you provided. I'm guessing the point of which was to show how two people can come to the same conclusion without communicating yes? First off, point C is by no means a certainty no matter how you look at it. Second, none of it is relevant until you can explain, with any degree of certainty, how both A and B decide to dig a tunnel? Let alone where it begins, ends or which direction it goes.

2. Indeed... consciousness is a mystery. Last I looked though, we were speaking of enlightenment and not consciousness. The two are different yes?
Should I apply your arguments for consciousness to enlightenment? Well, I've no problem with that, but I'll let you speak for yourself.

Again... back to the original point of contention... if those that know usually do keep their mouths shut... how do you know? Are you one of these "people who know"? And if so ... why are you talking about it instead of keeping your mouth shut? And how do you know the percentage of "people that know" and do actually keep their mouths shut versus the percentage of "people that know" and talk about this thing they know? If you've no solid numbers for either of these groups how can you describe one or the other as being usual?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Everyone are The One.

With that said, the more places to spread a message the bigger audience and the larger amount of people receiving it - how many of those whom understand it is another issue.

ATS is one of many places a message can be spread, and in many ways it is a perfect place to spread certain messages as the people coming here are, in large amounts, the type of people that are ready to understand certain things that are told here.

But, the message is not only told here, it is told in the World, online, offline, locally, even at other planes of existence to those whom are still stuck in lower planes.

So, that concludes at least my own personal reason for being here - and my time here is certainly not the most active place I spend my time, I spread my message more in the so called real offline world than online, but alas the online world is a big world too and as said the more places a message is spread the more ears will get to listen to it.

With blessings
IX-777

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I think that a lot of this "I am the One" stuff could be due to the out pouring of knowledge we now have at our fingertips. Those whose brains can't put into perspective the fact that we tend to view things on a subjective level but that there is indeed an objective level tend to believe they are the messiah. I believe this is actually something that has been labeled... maybe as the messiah syndrome (though that may not actually be the name and I will stand corrected if not. It is however the concept).

As a very well respected friend of mine once said, "You can't save the world. Nobody did and no one ever will. At least, until some kind of catastrophe will make Civilization start all over again."

[edit on 30-12-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ok- everyone line up now!
Everyone SING! "ONE- singular sensation, every little step we take..."
And..... Jazz hands!

I. Couldn't. Resist.

Ya wanna be the One? Fix something terribly wrong with the world, and do it single handed so NO ONE will doubt you. *listens to crickets* Uh huh. I thought so.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well it could be personality complexes. Ive gone through phases in my haydays of high school/college. Or there realy are people of a higher calling they think that a God or force leads them, they may be right, in the end it doesnt matter as things ussually fade with time right? indeed.

where was i going..

But many like this..like me..sometimes.

want to try to give the world a solid answer when the world seems most lost because of the fear of loss and violent changes that trigger perhaps..inner fears?

for me it has been a series of events and mindsets and mixed and hurt feelings..no thanks to past love lost. Im kind of sick of it all, so Id imagine others like this are also tired of the worldly games people are playing with serious matters in life. Like respect for living, self, others, humility in general. That is my main conveyance to others who seek powers in a world of abundance and slavery.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Because ATS is a conspiracy site and a damn good one, not a playground for school children wanting to proclaim they are a level 7 paladin with 18+ hit points and +3 magical capabilities. Or make outlandish claims about being “the one”.

I'm a level 59 Jedi with 4 starships, 3 droids, and a funny looking giant chicken that I ride. Does that count?
Oooh and I have a lightsaber that does somewhere around 700+ pts damage....

Does that count? Hmm. I am guessing not, judging from the dirty look I just got.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

The "I THINK I'm The One" thread is excruciating to peruse. A lack of critical thinking on the part of his/her enablers created a monster of a poster.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
HE'S BAAACCCCCKKKK....... "THE ONE" (pharaohmoan) now says he is an alien. Talk about multiple personalities... He is at least consistent in threatening anyone who debunks him. Will his karmic posse bust a cap in my chakra? Only if Mr. T invites him to the A-Team and picks him up in the black van and drives them to my house...

Exhibiting Signs of Alien Consciousness!?? Come on in..........

My addition to that thread:

Wow... I just realized this thread was started by pharaohmoan...

The same pharaohmoan who started the "I think I'm the One" post.. that he is Neo (and a DJ). That is his karmic friends will destroy anyone who debunks him... and that he learned in the Akashik Library that Buddha is a reincarnation of Christ... (Christ was born about 500 years after Buddha, so it would have to be vice-versa).

That said, here is his other hope for attention thread I mentioned above:
I think I'm the One

So, is SS,Naga the same person or another personality or one of the karmic posse? It does not matter. Let's be kind.

My point is, we all want to believe something and be mentored. We all want to be enlightened. The true path to enlightenment is wrought with peril. Look up Kundalini. Madness is the peril I speak of. So be kind to people who make this journey. If they survive, or at least heal from their experience, they may be there for you some day in turn. I hope so.

A thread already on ATS addressing threads such as this and pharaohmoan's other thread is here:

For those of you who think you are "The One" please read this...

[edit on 30-12-2008 by SuperSpark]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join