It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those of you who think you are "The One" please read this...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Some of you here on ATS know that I am not the kind of person that tries or wants to incite anyone, but I have to get this off my chest.

If you believe that you are somehow a catalyst to thrust the human race into the next level of consciousness, and you have lived multiple lifetimes through the millenia, i have a question for you:

Why are you on ATS?

what is it about ATS that makes an omniscient being wake up in the morning and say to themselves "I think the best way to get the word out about my awesomeness is to POST in a FORUM".

And furthermore, these people, after using their flawless logic to arrive at this decision no doubt, put into their post somewhere that they will "show proof when the time is right" and to not "question them, because we cannot comprehend their thought processes".

well, they're half right at least, comprehension of their thought processes is completely lost on me.

Here's what i propose. If you want to use the internet to distribute knowledge about yourself, and claim you can prove it, then please, videotape yourself proving it. youtube is just as easy to type in as abovetopsecret.com, and then, once you've posted your "proof" for the world to see and "constructively" criticize, then i beg of you to come here and post about your awesomeness with a link to your proof, I will be the first to bow to your ability to perform galactic miracles, if the proof is valid.

otherwise, quit wasting people's time with your innane drivel. Abovetopsecret.com is a wonderful website that makes baby jesus club baby seals when you try to steal his thunder, so stop it.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by sandman692]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It's not just ATS that attracts these sorts of people.

I'll bet there is a quilting forum somewhere with a delusional individual claiming they're the one there too

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
the ones on the quilting forums at least probably post pictures of their latest quilt as an ode to their awesomeness. that's more proof than anyone on ATS that claims to be the one has given.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sandman692

Can you post some links to people like this. I have come across some members who seem to have a pretty inflated sense of self worth, but not quite on the scale that you are talking about.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

think you'll find this rather entertaining...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
the title actually is "I think i'm the one"

[edit on 29-12-2008 by red_leader]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Wow, nice read. Thanks for that.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
first off, happy holidays karl! yes, the one red posted is one that stands out in the forefront, but there were a couple others ive seen here recently, let me see if i can find them.

Here was one where the OP claimed to have pertinent knowledge about our future, but could only reveal the information if the right questions were asked, which is like saying that you can only perform CPR on a dying person if that person can dance a little jig for you beforehand, knowing full well that the person doesn't have the ability to achieve what you're asking...

Window of Opportunity - Abovetopsecret.com

and here is a little gem from the same person that authored the thread that red posted for you earlier, but filled with an equal if not greater dose of *snip* than the previous topic. he even goes so far as to refer to himself as a "closet alien" as though that were some metaphor to a situation which you don't want anyone to know about, which is the exact opposite of what he claimed in the earlier thread. enjoy.

Exhibiting Signs of Alien Consciousness - Abovetopsecret.com

this person did not make any outrageous claims, simply posted a poem about the one. i have no complaint with this thread per say, but since i am speaking about threads that involve said title, i am including it for levity.

I AM THE ONE! - Abovetopsecret.com

And finally there's this guy, who didn't claim to be the one, but instead a hybrid alien. his proof? two words... I AM. That's both a very powerful and weak statement, but in this case, it's just the latter.

I am a Hybrid Alien - Abovetopsecret.com

so karl, hopefully this will entertain you some. And just to be thorough, in reference to the poster in the window of opportunity thread, i felt that of all these threads, that one was the most interesting, though i disagreed with his... approach.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Oh yeah it bothers you that much that you are advertising them in all their glory. Seems like they are one step ahead off you

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
meadowfairy...

Judging by your post, i'll assume that you didn't read the posts inbetween my original post and the previous one you were referring to. Karlhungis, who i respect very highly on this website, asked me to provide links to said posts, which i did.

and it could very well be said that they are one step ahead of me... after all... they're THE ONE, right? if they weren't one step ahead of me, being so powerful, would that mean i was THE ONE as well?

i wouldn't call it advertising for them, so much as making available multiple facets of ineptitude in one thread to save people time of searching them out.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Diversity of belief is a wonderful freedom to be maintained, so why waste your time criticising others on this site. Without diversity of thought we wouldn't even have a forum because there would be nothing to discuss. You don't have to read these posts if they aren't to your taste.

My philosophy is that all people should have the right to do whatever they like, without hindrance from others, especially from politicians and lawyers, provided that they are prepared to live with any consequences of their actions should they transgress universal law.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
hehe great thread, i also find myself wondering at these I AM THE ONE threads -why are the people that make them so bad at simple things like reading and writing?!? If you had lived many lives and had access to innate wisdom from the gods or some such then why would you speak in jumbled and badly phrased text full of confused tense, misused punctuation and stupidness?

Here's a bit of garbled text from the first thread which demonstrates this and my next point rather well,

Above all I understand a lot about the cosmos at a spiritual level. I see patterns in noise that point to organization, I can look at random code and will gradually start to see patterns emerging from the abyss....

Nothing is special or good about being able to see patterns in noise, its human nature to detect patterns where they don't exist -like when gamblers say 'i'm on a roll' or 'my lucks going to change soon.'

fire speaks to me, sound speaks to me, the wind speaks to me but people don't. At least not in a way that is remotely stimulating. People for the most part find ways to either kill time or escape it through drugs and drink. If that isn't enough they've given up on real life altogether and instead prefer to immerse themselves in a virtual world which appeals more to the imagination."

This is the really illuminating part of the ramble though, he is saying that he feels more interest in random events such as the wind blowing than he does in people or is he rather saying, quite simply 'people don't talk to me'? Certainly he is saying that he doesn't have a good relationship with people, not one that 'stimulates' him. He then goes on to say that most people are only 'killing time' this to me sounds like he is discounting the dreams and dramas of other men as being worthless, maybe then he is lacking in compassion and empathy which is why he doesn't find people 'stimulating' -because he can't understand and connect with his fellow man he has let his imagination develop as a coping mechanism to deal with his isolation -hardly uncommon and you could even suggest that on some level he knows he's doing it and is in some way fixated on it when he even suggests that everyone else has escaped to 'virtual worlds.'

If I was gifted with amazing super powers, wisdom greater than gods and all that nonsense then i probably would be living quite a good life -invent some products to get a cash flow going, invest wisely, set up an organization to propagate message/perform 'acts' or whatever it was that i was here to do. Of course if i wasn't here to save humanity (why would i be?) then i would probably spend most my time cavorting with beautiful ladies and having high brow dinner debates with notable cleverclogs or whatever it is that super elite god people do for fun.... I would not be posting long boring diatribes on ATS, i only do that because i'm an ineffective and fairly worthless human being who lives in a cold country and can't be bothered to do anything constructive

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nineteen
Diversity of belief is a wonderful freedom to be maintained, so why waste your time criticising others on this site. Without diversity of thought we wouldn't even have a forum because there would be nothing to discuss. You don't have to read these posts if they aren't to your taste.

My philosophy is that all people should have the right to do whatever they like, without hindrance from others, especially from politicians and lawyers, provided that they are prepared to live with any consequences of their actions should they transgress universal law.

Here's the thing. I love diversity. If it weren't for diversity on every level of the imagination, life would cease to be interesting. The problem that i have with these threads is that these people claim so much on nothing. I'd like to stress the following statement for clarity:

Religions have been FOUNDED on less than what these people are claiming in some instances.

The other problem I have is why these people, who claim to be able to do so much, feel that the best way to change us as a race is to come here, to ATS, and announce their awesome powers, and furthermore CLAIM to be able to back it up, but never make good on their claims.

I would just like to see someone make good on a claim. I, for example, will make the following claim:

I will always do my best to reply to posts that take place within my threads, because i feel that if someone took the time to read my post and make a reply, they deserve at least that much from me.

That is a claim i make here and now, and guess what? I'm backing it up this very minute by responding to you, nineteen.

and lastly, you claim that you want people to have the ability to do whatever they want without hindrance, so i pose this question to you:

How have i in any way hindered the people who made the posts i speak of? I'm suggesting that they stop doing it if they aren't prepared or willing to offer proof or make good on their claims, but i feel that that is a fair and just request when we are on a board whose MOTTO is "DENY IGNORANCE".

and in your first paragraph, you ask why im wasting my time criticizing their posts, when what you are doing is criticizing MY post, therefore technically doing the exact same thing I did. So does that mean you broke your own rule?

You speak of diversity of thought, but i think it's only fair that the thoughts expressed be coherent and if someone makes a claim, be able or at least willing to back it up.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Don't know how I missed the 'I think I am the One' post. There are some real oddballs on this site; lady who thinks her son travels to other places in the universe and encourages his delusions, probies (my buddies term for abductees), and how can we forget all the illuminati masterminds that have nothing more important to do than post here. I actually think they make the site more interesting, if only for the cheap laughs. While I agree that they're annoying, this is a conspiracy site and much has to be taken with a grain of salt.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I can think of one specific 'Religion' that started that way. Scientology is probably one of the most recent large scale cult/religion that runs the gamut from being a ponzie scheme to outright fraud!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

i agree with you wholeheartedly, and 99.9% of the time i've got my grain of salt in my hand, but after seeing a couple of those the one threads, for some reason, this was one instance i just had to get it off my chest.

and zindo, i won't even get into it with you about scientology, because it would be wayyy off topic here, but to say the least, i'm leaning more toward the ponzi scheme, which with it fraud is implied.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I'll have to actually read this 'I am the one' thread but I have a feeling it is going to irritate the crud out of me. I'll post again after I read it.

Zindo- Love that avatar man, makes me miss my horses.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
about 5 to 10% are here because we lack something else, something illusive that we believe we have to find.... Truth.... Truth leads to Freedom, Freedom leads to Enlightenment... Enlightenment leads to us Transending.

But I do agree that most are just lost children trying to find their place among the stars.

Its the 80/20 rule, or in this case 90/10, 90 are going to keep doing what they are doing and keep knowledge to themselves rather than face ambarresment from people, 10 will preach the word of truth regardless of what happens.

Fox

[edit on 12/29/2008 by FoxStriker]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Sandman you make a lot of sense.

I've been god shopping lately and you've made the best pitch so far.

Can I make you my "one?"
I don't prey much but I've got a car.

And you're right btw, we've got waaay to many ones.
*Hem can one pluralize "one," oh well I just did*

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Raustin

There are a few posts with that subject.
As for the Avatar, it makes me miss the plains of Kansas and the fall sunsets over the rockies!! And my Arab, Bibin Jul Bet. It means 'Son of the Jewel"! He could jump a 5 ft fence with me on his back!!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
considering myself to have achieved a modest amount of "knowledge" and "enlightenment" in this life, i can say one thing which seems to me to be without a doubt. a statement which is self affirming, requires no proof, is easy to understand, and is a good measuring stick against these pathetic self-obsessed fools.

this:

***those that do know usually keep their mouths shut.***

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join