It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom Cruise 'is going to be killed'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Tom Cruise 'is going to be killed'

news.ninemsn.com.au

Actor Tom Cruise is living in fear of assassination after receiving death threats, according to overseas reports.

Cruise and his wife Katie Holmes are so shaken by the death threats that they have alerted the FBI and will only travel in bomb-proof vehicles, the Daily Mail claims.

The threats are believed to have been made by a group that opposes Scientology, a religion which counts Cruise as one of its most devout and high-profile followers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/12/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, this certainly is interesting

Im not sure where I stand on this. I cant stand Tom Cruise or the Scientologists, but I think killing him would over step the boundary. Im just wondering if Scientology really is as dark as people say it is, do you think they will go out to hunt down the people that sent the threats?

What are others thoughts on this?

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Breaking News Forum Submission Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/12/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I do not know much about scientology but I think it is an elitist cult (some call it a religion, I do not) that requires one to hand over significant amounts of cash, therefore not for those of us among the working class.

I also do not like Tom Cruise and he has a tendency to shoot his mouth off. I recall he got stuck into Brook Shields because she was taking medication for post-natal depression.

He is a cocky, arrogant little so and so but that does not give someone the right to make death threats against him. I would not like to see him come to any harm.

This could be a publicity stunt

res

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

I did consider that, Tom Crusie does like attention....but why would he get the FBI involved?

It colud also be that the anti-scientologists are doing this to get attention themselves maybe?

[edit on 29/12/2008 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Who pays for the "bomb-proof" vehicles?

Is this evidence that Mr Cruise is completely paranoid?

Is this for publicity?

Is this to further seperate the needs of the "Elite"

Or he's just plain dumb for getting so deep into something so full of lies, deciept and meglomania.

If he believes SO much in his "religion" (ha, ha) why doesn't he make a movie about it?

A: he needs a career more!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The first thing that popped into my head is that it is a move to generate sympathy for Scientology. Who knows though?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Before another person replies without knowing the full story, look into the group "Anonymous".

Perhaps look into the group Scientology, Anonymous's protest against them, and then the reason why Cruise would make a big deal out of this.

They may be threatening to kill Tom Cruise, but they have done so with thousands of other people as well.

Don't take it seriously; they do it for the "lulz"

- A Scientology and Anonymous expert.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
First thing I thought of was that he just had another crappy movie come out. It's probably that or anonymous having some more fun.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It’s a PR stunt to try and save another crappy big budget movie that’s flopping. Who was it that thought the public would buy Cruise in an eye patch playing a Nazi?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I saw "Valkyrie" last night......

Probably one of the most rediculous attempts at a historical film EVER!

Not a single German accent in the whole movie!

All those millions for special effects, costumes, sets, and overpaid actors but not a cent for a dialogue coach.....a joke!

"Zeig heil, what what tally ho partner!" Not very authentic.

Actors who can't do accents, even bad ones, shouldn't be in this movie.

Another attempt by hollywood and it's paid propoganda crew to re-write history, claim it for themselves and stir up false reasons for hate pandering to those who think a movie star is more important than the movie.

The "Anonymous" group do have a point, how do I join!

Any Germans here seen it yet. What do you say?

top topics

join