It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nike Site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It wasn't too long back when these sites were active and very secure. Who would have thought that the sites would end up like this? This site is close to my home, and the local kids love to have paint ball wars there. I was planning on photographing this particular site, one of three close to me- but as it is already on the web, the link follows. Anybody have any ideas as to what is below the ground?

Photos

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Good link man. Some of the other pictures of the places the he "Infiltrated" are pretty good. I really like the one's of my hometown of Chicago. Wonder why they only put dirt in the doorways, it so easy to remove.

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by muzz]

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Looks like it could haunted , i was wondering why is it called Nike??? is it anything to do with the brand name??

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
i was wondering why is it called Nike??? is it anything to do with the brand name??

they lauch Nike nuclear missiles, drunk... though giant shoes spraying from the ground would be quite hilarious!

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
you can also go here to find other sites. i never knew there were so many in my area.

ed-thelen.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Its really strange walking aoround Battery C- which is but a short drive from my home. It is amazing (to me) at how much of the site has been 'stripped' by the local population. Even the fences have been stolen-LOL- nothing barring entry.
It is spooky walking through the buildings. And then whoa...the paint ball splats are everywhere thousands of them...

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Anybody know of a NIKE BASE near Rowland Heights, CA? I know there is one in the hills between Rowland Heights and Brea...i've been there...its all underground now and i found the enterance but it was blocked...anyone have any info on this?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
take a look through the link above. there are many listed.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Actually, Nike missiles weren't necessarily nuclear....

Nike Ajax - Three high explosive, fragmentation-type warheads arranged at front, center and rear of missile body.

Nike Hercules - Nuclear warhead type "W31"
2 Kilotons (low yield)
20 Kt. (medium yield)
30-40 Kt. (high yield)
or conventional, high explosive, fragmentation type "T-45" warhead.

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
they lauch Nike nuclear missiles, drunk... though giant shoes spraying from the ground would be quite hilarious!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If memory serves, nike bases are only located in certain spots on the east coast...they were there for defense in the event of a russian attack...this was back when we were paranoid about the reds...highest concentration of nike bases is in the NY/NJ area..

Originally posted by UM_Fearfulone
Anybody know of a NIKE BASE near Rowland Heights, CA? I know there is one in the hills between Rowland Heights and Brea...i've been there...its all underground now and i found the enterance but it was blocked...anyone have any info on this?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
If you do a google search you'll find Nike and other old missile bases for sale, some people turn them into homes and compounds and such.

It's pretty cool actually, I kind of want one.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
lol..there's actually only one

It's a decomissioned Atlas-F base, redone for civilian use...if i had millions of bucks, i'd live in it..

www.silohome.com

Originally posted by Spiderj
If you do a google search you'll find Nike and other old missile bases for sale, some people turn them into homes and compounds and such.

It's pretty cool actually, I kind of want one.

Spiderj

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Daedalus]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Some interesting shots...now to find some "stuff" here in NoCal.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If you dig the exploration of missile bases, check out Subciety I stumbled upon the link a while back when researching Urban Exploration. These guys make a habbit of searching out missile bases and other abandoned military facilites. I don't think they have covered any Nike facilites, but have documented a few Titan and Atlas sites.

big kudos to xtrembowhntr for that link with a list of missile sites to check out

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If memory serves, nike bases are only located in certain spots on the east coast...they were there for defense in the event of a russian attack...this was back when we were paranoid about the reds...highest concentration of nike bases is in the NY/NJ area..

Actually...this is incorrect...during and after world war 2 nike bases were put on the west coast to defend against another possible japanese attack...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There was alos a garrsion system setup for times of emergency when the missiles were loaded onto rail cars and kept moving making it harder to find and destroy them. Unfortunately I don't remember if it was for Nike units or the later Altlas and Titan missiles.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
crap, didn't know about the west coast nike bases...thanks

Originally posted by UM_Fearfulone
Actually...this is incorrect...during and after world war 2 nike bases were put on the west coast to defend against another possible japanese attack...

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by Daedalus]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
does anyone know of any being used today and where?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xtrembowhntr
does anyone know of any being used today and where?

what, nike bases?

TERRIBLY obsolete....all decom'ed, if memory serves...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
All the Nike facilites are no longer carrying Nike missiles, but some have remained in use as training facilities, or in other cases the property was stripped of military equipment and ownership went either to the previous owner of the land or to local government, which I've read sometimes will use the places as training grounds for law enforcement and fire departments.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join