It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futuristic music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What's the most futuristic music you've heard?

I usually like some drum and bass because of its futuristic sound but I heard this by a band I don't really dig and thought it was well futuristic...

I also think the music played by the band during the graduation scene on Starship Troopers is pretty futuristic too...

Don't ask me why!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think the Flaming Lips have a futuristic quality to their music.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Anything by Aphex Twin, really.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

Yeh thought he would come up.... Squarepusher too?
Aphex Twin videos = scary

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
buckethead has some pretty futuristic sounging tunes..he uses a lot of 2,3,4 and 4 hand tapping and he makes the sounds almost robotic. plus he uses a kill switch that kills his pickups and that adds to the effect

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Oh my god, that guy is weird.

He loves a bit of chicken. He is talented but I have never really been into all that fret tapping stuff... nice skills though.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
reply to post by thing fish

Oh my god, that guy is weird.

He loves a bit of chicken. He is talented but I have never really been into all that fret tapping stuff... nice skills though.

buckethead is probably the premier active virtuoso guitarist working today. i am a huge guitar fan and i am hard pressed to find another guitarist that can match his skills and innovation. even satch/vai/petrucci don't have it. buckethead does not do exclusive tapping either but when he does it is amazing. he uses 3 fingers on his left hand and 4 fingers on his right. that is just plain hard to do. plus he uses the kill switch and envelope filter like nobodies business

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Rusty Cooley has him on shred, I doubt he does on tapping, though. He's one hell of a slapstyle bassist, too.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

The group Japan was pretty out there with their music (and album covers) in the 80's.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

i never liked rusty. he is another one that will shred close notes just to gain speed. buckethead will switch modes and things like that when he is shredding. plus rusty is a one trick pony. he is fast though

top topics

join