It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vegetarians please enlighten me!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Hi there,

I need help, sorry to ask but I need help. I have a group of vegetarians coming to the are next week and I need to cook for them. I know a few vegetarian dishes but what I'd like to know from any of the vegetarians out there is...

What is your favourite dish? What is the dish that really makes your mouth water... one that you could eat almost anytime?

I'm asking because I don't know the people and would appreciate some advice on good popular vegetarian dishes.

I'm ok in the kitchen so don't hold back!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Top Secret Recipes now partially de-classified:

Teriyaki Tofu!
Take a block of Firm tofu, and wrap it in a dish towel. Lay it under a heavy cutting board, or perhaps a cast iron skillet; something heavy. Press it for about 2 hours so that it becomes fairly dry, yet try not to break it- tofu is such a delicate treat. Cut into perhaps 6 slices (fillet it first) and marinade for 2 hours in teriyaki sauce (soy vay is a great brand) and then pan fry in olive oil until light brown and very sexy. Goes great over Jasmine or Basmati rice, mixed with rice wine vinegar. (1 1/2 cups WASHED rice [meaning you rinse all the gunky pesticide chemicals off] , 3 cups water; AFTER the rice is cooked, add about 2 or 3 tblsp rice wine vinegar and mix well). Oh baby.

Peas 'n Cheese!

Melt some cream cheese down and add curry powder, cayenne, and salt (maybe a little turmeric for color). Add enough water to get a decent consistency so that it is palatable. In another pan, boil a bag of frozen peas. cook until the peas deflate a bit, then incorporate the peas (after straining the water) into yr cheese sauce -Makes a killer side dish.

Falafel Pitas!
Purchase and fry up some Falafel (ask yr local health food store), add it to warm pita-pockets with lettuce olives, tomato, feta cheese and tzadiki sauce (dice one cucumber very fine, add to a container of yogurt (2 quarts perhaps?) with a bit of dill for color and let it chill). Yes! Oh YES!!!!

Spaghetti!
On Medium-Low head, add to a sauce pan, 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil. Crush and chop very fine, 2 cloves of fresh garlic and add them to the oil. Let it simmer but don't allow the garlic to burn or you'll ruin yr dish. Add one 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes, tsp Basil, tsp crushed rosemary, tblsp oregano tblsp honey and a pinch of salt. Let this simmer for 45 minutes and serve over spaghetti. You may never need purchase that canned junk again!

That should be enough declassified vegetarian recipes for the time being.

Oh heck, Here's one more:

Eggplant Parmesean!!!!
Peel and slice an Eggplant very thin (about 1/4 inch or less if you can). You then take these and dip them in a sort of egg-wash, made by beating 3 or 4 eggs and a little water...not very vegetarian but what the hell, I do it. You then press these saturated little honeys into a plate of bread crumbs (dry foccacia and grind to bread crumbs in a food processor). Deep fry yr breaded eggplant afterward until golden brown and serve over that killer spaghetti sauce and noodles. Yeah baby, all the vegetarians love eggplant.
Happy Trails, Mate!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Oh man this is perfect.. many thanks. Fits in so well.

Big up your recipe posting self.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Egg and cress sandwiches.

hard boil an egg or two. leave to cool. peel off shell with fingers.
Mash up with a fork, add a 2 teaspoons of salad cream.
add some cress. and butter some white bread and fill with the mix

Or a couple cans of vegetarian soup.

also
www.quorn.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

join