It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was e-mailed photo an omen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
According to Leonard Gill, owner of the landfill."We found the baby not too far from that piece of paper," and "If you didn't believe (in God) before, you do now."

It had to be an omen.

When Union County Sheriff Dan Limoges picked up the single sheet of paper strewn among the garbage Friday, he thought it was a prank at first.

The e-mailed photo showing a landscape of two people standing beside a lake next to a large tree had these hand-written words below it: "Can you see the baby?"

Limoges thought it was a prank -- a sick prank.

But then someone pointed it out to him: the outline of a baby in the fetal position showing through the photo.

The eerie paper solicited the curiosity of the volunteers. Several expressed amazement. One volunteer called it an omen. No baby was found that day.

Volunteers took the weekend off while the landfill excavators moved garbage and prepared a new area to search.

On Monday, Limoges handed out copies of the e-mail photo to the volunteers. Later that afternoon, the discarded body of the infant boy was found.

"We found the baby not too far from that piece of paper," said Leonard Gill, owner of the landfill. "If you didn't believe (in God) before, you do now."

Pretty freaky!

Sioux City Journal

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
wow. I already believed in God so it's ok... but wow. That's weird. Just the fact that there's an outline of the baby on a random piece of paper let alone finding the baby there is freaky enough.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
It's amazing! Too bad it doesn't say if the baby lived or died, but it goes to show you that miracles can and do happen. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We need a login to read the article.. To bad..

Are there any pictures in it?

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
There was no login or picture when I first read the article, but that is just about the whole thing that was printed.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Okay... Thx anyway then!

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
More on the story (baby born out of wedlock, yes he is dead, they are doing an autopsy to figure out if he was dead before birth or died after birth):

www.argusleader.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Great find Byrd! Thats a really interesting read. I found this statement particularly interesting:

Morey described the e-mail as an optical-illusion photo that showed two people walking with tree branches showing a baby's silhouette and read, "Can you see the baby?"

An optical illusion that read "Can you see the baby?"

Even more interesting is the last statement on the page:

"With this, the beginning of Holy Week, it's not a good ending, but it's an ending," Gill said. "I think God had something to do with this."

This whole story just sends shivers up and down my spine.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I fail to see how this is divine intervention...

new topics

top topics

join