It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great video explaining where America is headed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

I didnt get any feeling that we needed a republican president from this video. The fact that you did, shows something about your ability to decypher information.

The video was about how we are not a democracy, we never were. That most forms of government, NOT POLITICAL PARTIES, boil down into two forms of government over time, oligarchy and republics.

The point of the video was to:
1. point out that extreme leftist views, on the two sided scale, is totalitarian. The right, on the two sided scale, is anarchy.
2. That democracies and anarchy do not last, and will turn into oligarchy.
3. Monarchies and Dictatorships do not exist, since no one man ever truly leads. they all have their advisors and such.
4. You only really have two stable permanent forms of government. Republics and Oligarchy, which do you want?

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
reply to post by Nola213

I didnt get any feeling that we needed a republican president from this video. The fact that you did, shows something about your ability to decypher information.

The video was about how we are not a democracy, we never were. That most forms of government, NOT POLITICAL PARTIES, boil down into two forms of government over time, oligarchy and republics.

The point of the video was to:
1. point out that extreme leftist views, on the two sided scale, is totalitarian. The right, on the two sided scale, is anarchy.
2. That democracies and anarchy do not last, and will turn into oligarchy.
3. Monarchies and Dictatorships do not exist, since no one man ever truly leads. they all have their advisors and such.
4. You only really have two stable permanent forms of government. Republics and Oligarchy, which do you want?

I was wondering how some people got the whole partisan angle mixed up in this video!

It's like they are programmed to hear certain words and completely understand them as something contrary to it's meaning.

Seems to me that almost anyone would (or at least should) understand that the point is to demonstrate that when we are spoken to by 'media' and 'power' regarding these aspects of social thought they feed us some horse-pucky about the flag or patriotism and we knee-jerk our way into the position to pledge our allegiance to a flag.

I know you got it. You always seem to. Thanks for chiming in there.... at least I don't have to do it myself this time.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Great post s&f. I urge everyone to read the book "Ain't Nobody's Business if You Do" by Peter McWilliams. This guy really hits the nail on the head with our glorified laws. A republic is the best form of government hands down.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
First off, all of yall that think that if you are a Democrat you support a democracy and Republican supports a republic are wrong. Those are names given to the parties. It's like having a having a dog named Dog. The animal (type of government) is a dog and the name (party) is Dog. Notice the capital letter in the party name. That's were everyone gets confused. There are some videos by Michael Badnarik about the Constitution. These are great videos and you can find them through google video.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
wow, what a beautiful piece of propaganda for the republican party. Everytime they speak of republic or the word republic(which our mind jumps to republican automatical), why do I hear church music, and angel trumpets in the backround? Comeon, music tactics to gain the proper emotions your "trying to get, stretching it a bit.

Hmm, so they should re-name republics to something that doesn't sound like Republican?

Turns out it is true that this country is supposed to be a republic. The theme of this video is that TOO MUCH government control (repressive laws, taxation, social engineering such as welfare) ruin the functionality of a republic.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The video is pretty good. But it does nothing to suggest the problem. It’s like telling a person you have an incurable cancer...just because you know doesn't mean you can do anything about it. I've believed for a long time that our government is broken beyond repair. Does anyone really feel that the majority of our elected representatives truly represent us? This point is driven home by the bail-outs...It is so un-constitutional it makes me sick. This may be the beginning of the downfall of the U.S. When our "government" decides to take our money and give it to private business the end is near. And the argument that failing to do the bailouts would plunge this country into a "depression" is flawed. We are headed for financial disaster either way now. But I would have rather seen the companies fail, or go through Chapter 11. Other entrepreneurs would have stepped up to fill the void left by the companies. Our republic has begun to fail, wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I feel while the republican party is goverened by law...what law?It seems as though they have taken a stance of anarchy,doing what they want,when they want,regardless of how it affects the people of whom they have chose to serve and protect.Lets move good jobs out of America,for instance and give them to India and other poor countries where we can pay people far less so a few can get rich and the rest get layed off...let's bring illegal immigrants into America to work the jobs that Americans don't want(who are they refering to...Paris Hilton?)All of our jobs are gone...George Bush killed off more people in Texas then any other governer,did they all get a fair trial?people are now currently paying for goods with dimes and nickels they found under their rug(me included)after 8 years of Republic rule...its sooooo much better with less regulation...lets just let bankers and big business C.E.O's rule the country...just like in the early 1900's,when America allowed coc aine into the food chain with no regulation...Republicans have brought a good idea for its people down to a gutter junkie whilst going ...duh..

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
best. video. ever.

thank you.

if this is not a wake up call, then what is?

please pass this on...

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I believe the video was weak and unsubstantiated. I've seen better researched video bits on "Schoolhouse Rock".

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yeah, it's a great video -- interested how the best information is always the easiest to understand, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Great post!
Puts things back in persective. I've been around since the early sixties and have not ever seen things the way they are suppose to be.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
To increase the rest of this video, I reposted this on another website forum and another member of that forum pointed me towards the series of videos this belongs to.
4 videos total.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow, spec_ops_wannabe, thanks for adding the rest of the series! I didn't realize the video I posted was only 1 part!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by macgyver
Lay out the basic forms of government and what they mean. Around the 9 minute mark is where it pretty much sums up where America is right now.

Click here to see video

GREAT VIDEO!!!! Star and a Flag for you!!!

I like that they start out with Benjamin Franklin's words to that anonymous Lady...

This is exactly what I keep telling people, that true conservatives are for less Government and the Ne-Cons in power now are NOT Conservatives and are Fascists which is Far left...

Although I disagreed with the definition of Nazism they put forth it was a great informational video!!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If you think that was great, check these videos out as well!!!

www.wimp.com...

and then this one too!

www.wimp.com...

Enjoy in Amazement!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I like this video because it's not loaded with conspiracies and propaganda. It's a well-thought-out progression of thoughts that uses ACTUAL logic. It's refreshing to see.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Are you serious? The term Republic does not mean "Republicans gooooooodddd Democrats baaaaadddddd". Your post reeks of indoctrination , because if anyone (including yourself) had ever taken the time to attempt to educate you in simple civics you wouldn't have posted the nonsense that you did. Get off the internet and pick up a book man, if not for you then do it for the rest of us.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Great video! Thank you very much for the find. It was extremely informative and really does describe the society we are in. How long will it take for the people to accept the United States as a Democracy instead of a Republic? Or are we already there? As the video says Democracy is not everything we think it is and does not at all mean we are more "free".

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Wow, are you people serious about this video? I had to quit watching this after about 2 min in as I felt intellectually insulted. It is clear that this videos agenda was to highlight why democrats are wrong and why republicans are right. The worst was the Cowboy analogy. It was like he was trying to explain to a 6 year old child. Send this one to fox news, im sure they will play it for you people.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join