It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008 was the year man-made global warming was disproved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
There is a lot in this article and I didn't know someone from the UK could see logic.

What will the politicians and want-to-be talking heads use to scare us now with? How about global cooling, yeah that's it! Where's AlGore?

Roper

www.telegraph.co.uk...

First, all over the world, temperatures have been dropping in a way wholly unpredicted by all those computer models which have been used as the main drivers of the scare. Last winter, as temperatures plummeted, many parts of the world had snowfalls on a scale not seen for decades. This winter, with the whole of Canada and half the US under snow, looks likely to be even worse. After several years flatlining, global temperatures have dropped sharply enough to cancel out much of their net rise in the 20th century.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well it won't last long,they will be back on the war path soon enough.Solar ebb cycles only last eleven years or so.Plenty of time to cook up some other excuse.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Roper

I'm just hoping for more carbon monoxide and benzene

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Don't worry a bit. They will use it for global cooling.
I'm sure AlGore can come up with the science.

Roper

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There's a reason they stopped calling it "global warming" and started calling it "climate change".

Because it's a bunch of bullcrap, is why.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This has already been done. I'm not sure what year exactly, but sometime in the 70's Time Magazine had a cover screaming that the next ice age was upon us.

We will never be free of the hysteria created by the government. They just change the topic, the important thing is that they keep us distracted.

The discourse of the global warming believers is so discouraging. If you don't believe it you are, "ignorant, or Republican." These people claim to be "educated," and "not slaves to the whims of the Bush administration." All the while believing anything the government puts out as scientific fact.

It's very sad. They are completely oblivious to how much of people like Al Gore's scientific fact turns out to be garbage. This has been going on from the dawn of society. These were the people screaming that we had to burn the witches or God would forsake our towns.

Ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
what scares me is all the policies that global warming effects. I have to say i never believed in man-made climate change. The arguments were always only "nearly all scientists accept it". That was it. Never any real data, they just airplane that crap right into your head. Now, it's too late cause I know self-important peole don't like to admit when they're wrong, and self-important people are the ones that always need a "cause", and they're the ones i find bitch the most. Politicians listen to those who scream in their ear.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The sad thing is, Obama is going to slap a carbon tax on everyone and everything. He's already promised that he will bankrupt the coal companies with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

The sad thing is, Obama is going to slap a carbon tax on everyone and everything. He's already promised that he will bankrupt the coal companies with it.

they'll just head to china.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The carbon tax willl be implemented on us, the tax payer, not the companies. They will just pass on any tax to us like they do with every other tax that congress throws at them. Its time all of us realise that corporate tax is just a way to raise our taxes not the corporations. Corporations never have payed taxes and never will. Anything thats on paper has already been made up in costs to us!

Zindo

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

He won't last very long if he does. Furthermore, in two years, or perhaps four, Republicans will recapture part of the legislature to provide the necessary checks and balances to Obama. Even if he does succeed with a carbon tax, the next Republican administration will repeal it because the People will be sick of liberal bovine excrement.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Originally posted by heyo

they'll just head to china.

Yeah, but they can't take the coal with them. Or can they? Hmmm..

reply to post by ZindoDoone

Absolutely right, Zindo. We will end up paying the entire bill.

reply to post by LiquidMirage

I hope you're right.

Very good video, btw.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
what scares me is all the policies that global warming effects. I have to say i never believed in man-made climate change. The arguments were always only "nearly all scientists accept it". That was it. Never any real data, they just airplane that crap right into your head. Now, it's too late cause I know self-important peole don't like to admit when they're wrong, and self-important people are the ones that always need a "cause", and they're the ones i find bitch the most. Politicians listen to those who scream in their ear.

It appears that the real "consesnsus" is finally making itself heard above the GW rants.

See this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Obama's new Energy Czar believes man causes Global Warming, gets nightmares from coal, and believes we should be paying European prices for gasoline and electricity( see this thread):
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
A little more logical thinking.

Roper

www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk...

I think in 20 years’ time we will look back at this whole climate change debate and ask ourselves how on earth were we ever conned into spending the billions of pounds which are going into this without any kind of rigorous examination of the background, the science, the implications of it all. Because there is now a degree of hysteria about it, fairly unformed hysteria I’ve got to say as well.

And this.

www.investors.com...

Global thermometers stopped rising after 1998, and have plummeted in the last two years by more than 0.5 degrees Celsius. The 2007-2008 temperature drop was not predicted by global climate models. But it was predictable by a decline in sunspot activity since 2000.

Roper

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
As I have been saying all along, its the SUN! Remember the Olive comment?

Interetsting to spend trillions on a 'left pushed MYTH' when the worlds economy is crap.

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Lookie here! www.timesonline.co.uk...

The European Union's new figurehead believes that climate change is a dangerous myth and has compared the union to a Communist state.

The views of President Vaclav Klaus of the Czech Republic, 67, have left the government of Mirek Topolanek, his bitter opponent, determined to keep him as far away as possible from the EU presidency, which it took over from France yesterday.

Roper the watchful one

top topics

join