It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your 2009 predictions

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well since knowone else has posted it yet, I will.

Time for the yearly predictions I guess...

What do you think or dream etc will happen in 2009, political upheaval, earth changes, wars, world economy? you know the usual stuff

I think personally think that in order to stop future world recessions from happening a world commitie, laws or economic government will come into play.

Anyway please post on all your predictions.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There will be peace among nations, the happy-butterflyee-I-got-a-puppy-just-for-you kind of lovey.

Or WW3, take your pick.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Largest bankruptcy numbers ever recorded. Jobless rates top one million.
Stock market continues to decline,eventually settling around seven thousand. Droughts in the mid-west and mid-south cause food/grain shortfalls.Conflicts in the middle east cause oil prices to surge again.
Looks like 2009 is going to be exciting to say the least.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Worldwide, there will continue to be military actions involving Islamic nations, but not WWIII.

Iran will get the bomb.

Britain and Western Europe will move to become even more multi-cultural.

Even if global warming is completely debunked, Al Gore will still have his followers that believe whatever he says.

A new cold war will happen between the U.S. and Russia.

An alien space ship will not land on the White House lawn.

Obama will not disclose what the government knows about UFO's.

The West will still be dependent of the Middle East for oil.

There will be no new oil drilling in the U.S.

There will be more government bail outs, which will have unintended consequences.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A mobile home park will be hit by a tornado.

Roper

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Interesting to note the symbolism of 9.
www.ridingthebeast.com...
It almost sounds like the end of an age to me...but?
Also, Jesus died on the 9th hour...hmmm, maybe it is forshadowing the death of the age of pisces in 2009 or the beginning of something either good(enlightenment) or bad(evil world domination, the NWO-remember
rder out of chaos.)
Lots of changes I predict in 2009. The ending of one thing and beginning another. Changing of the old to the new. Like the changing of the single digits to the double digits.
In most languages the number 9 is linguistically linked to the word "new".
Another interesting thing is the "magic square" linked with Saturn(symbolic of order) and believed to be Satanic by some, but then again so is just about everything. It is also called the square of Solomon, it uses the first nine numbers.
liveinchapelperilous.blogspot.com...
www.astrodynamics.net...
I can't say whether this change will be good or bad...but really it isn't a matter of prediction, it is a decision that we can all make on our own.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I predict, even though Obama said he is for Net Neutrality, that the FCC and the Government are going to try to tighten their grip on the internet making a more of an Advertiser friendly, Big Business friendly tool. I hope I am wrong, but it seems that through time, all things end up in the hands of the government and business.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
There will be a fad among American teenagers of eating soap.

World wide shortage of Toilet paper will lead to regional tension leading to armed conflict.

Small dogs will develop the ability speak Spanish thanks to Rosetta Stone.

New York fashion trends will start to favor the obese and ugly people.

Televisions will become so small they will be implanted directly into the eye.

Thousands of people will wrap rubber bands around their fingers, cut off the circulation and lose their digits in protest of high seafood prices.

Old wine corks will be revered as religious icons and used as suppositories by the poor.

Elvis will be found living with a crack whore in Asheville, North Carolina.

Sarah Palin will change her name to "Why did they stop making Oldsmobile's?"

Farm animals will be required to wear T shirts in the Northern countys of Nebraska.

The Dallas Cowboys will be stoned to death outside of Lubbock, Texas.

whaaa will be banned from the www. for being "just to damn silly!"

[edit on 4-1-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

They are actually researching how to implant screens in to eyes grown from stem cells. It is going to made through a see through material so when you aren't using it you can see the real world, or will it be the real world.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Obama will be involved in a love triangle.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
my prediction for 09 is that two attempts on Obama life will occur, but he'll be well alive and well in 2010.
My other prediction are....

.....Yellowstone will still be around and virtually in the same condition that it is today.

........keep on the look out for a glacier to grow. I bet you'll hear about it on the conservative talk radio shows before you hear it on NPR Science Friday.

........Expect spending to grow and Conservatives to complain about it. the spending will take place in Transportation especially with trains and public transit not to mention rebuilding bridges.

.........Gas will creep up to $2 by summer and eventually stay there through December.

........March 6 is the end of the world, well the way we spend money.

..........Michigan especially Detroit will have an increase of abandon homes and business as from last year. Discussions will include from knocking down structures for parks and wild area to periodically policing abandon structures for unwelcome Tenants.

........San Antonio, TX: Military forces county and city to build passenger rail system to connect Fort Sam Houston to Camp Bullis.

..........Amtrak gets more funding and several states will include budgets for more intercity rail by year's end. Although most will be nothing more than studies.

.......and my Favorite
Rush Limbaugh will declare the Obama Administration "worse ever."

I'll check back after new years 2010. But if any of these predictions come ture. Send me an email and tell me yes or no.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirbikesalot06

.....Yellowstone will still be around and virtually in the same condition that it is today.

I've heard yellowstone is showing more signs of activity recently:

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
More predictions:

* A love affair/scandal between Rahm Emanuel and Nancy Pelosi will be exposed.
(thanks to Total Reality for the pic)

* Some company in Germany will try to capitalize on the "Barack the Magic N*" pun and begin producing little magical leprechaun looking lawn gnomes of Obama.

* The stresses of being President will become evident by March, just in time for March Madness, and Obama will hire some illegals to construct a basketball court at the White House.

* Obviously, since the MSMedia made Obama, they will also break him. I'm sure they probably acquired plenty of dirt on him during the process of getting him elected, just a mtter of time before they start using it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The US economy will crumble farther than anyone would have thought, the bailouts truly proving to be useless.

Unemployment will skyrocket.

The school system will get so bad that the whole system will have to be cut down and reworked.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
My mind is changed on the economy America and the UK will come out of this ok but as for the EU I have a feeling poor countries will have to deal with it

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Gasoline/oil prices will skyrocket again.

The economy will get much, much worse. Massive unemployment. At least 20%.

Gold will go well over $1000 an ounce. Perhaps $1700 an ounce.

Schools will go to 4 day work weeks as well as many other companies and institutions.

There will be civil unrest due to unemployment and withholding of promised benefits.

There will be unsuccessful assassination attempts.

Something will happen with a U.S. Navy Warship.

Weather extremes will worsen.

California will have another earthquake, but it will be big.

There will be a big fire somewhere in Asia.

Russia and Iran will cause problems.

There will be a big environmental issue even though the economy is bad.

An animal, possibly a dog will evolve.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Michelle Obama will appear in a music video, a remake of the song 'Baby Got Back".

The same music vid will feature a cameo by George Bush, recreating his quick shoe tossing moves.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Small dogs will develop the ability speak Spanish thanks to Rosetta Stone".

Bwahahahha right on Whaaa! You don't know how much I needed that laugh.

My predictions.

Many more people will go homeless. (I'm about there my self).
Many more will lose jobs.
More fighting and killing around the world.
Assassination attempt on Obama.
Assassination attempt on Bush Jr.
And more prediction threads popping up when 2010 is upon us.

Keep em coming folks, it's neat to read these and make the ol brain work.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
WWH
World Wide Hunger

coming soon at a house near you....

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SailorinAZ

Looks like some of my predictions are coming true.

Look at this:

link.brightcove.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join