It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shark spotted with the body of a man in its jaws as witnesses look on in horror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Shark spotted with the body of a man in its jaws as witnesses look on in horror

www.dailymail.co.uk

Bank officer Brian Guest, 51, was grabbed by the shark as he was snorkelling for crabs with his 24-year-old son Daniel off the coast of Western Australia today when the feared monster of the deep struck.

The water turned red with blood as the shark carried the father of three away after the attack, just 25 feet from the beach at Port Kennedy, 20 miles south of the State capital, Perth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Truly sad accident, especially for his son to be there in the water with him when it happened.

They said it was a 16 foot Great White shark, I guess this guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I lived right on the Ocean and in the mornings I would see 12 foot sharks and 7-8 foot sting rays swimming in the surf on the beaches.

After that, I pretty much quit going on the water at certain times of the day. When I wanted to go swimming I would just hit the pool.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Yes indeed, truly sad, how we encroach upon nature, rape/pillage/slash and burn forests, and a man can't go out crabbing without losing his life to nothing more than an angry, overgrown fish.

I do not hold Charles Manson's philosophy or earth/wind/poop or whatever, but I do not see much tragedy in the natural world behaving as they do. We have done our part, and the world is an ugly place now, why can't they do their part, and live in peace.

Tis sad, that man. But the shock and outrage is hypocritical at best.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I wouldnt say he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, being from Perth, I know that our coastal waters are frequently populated by sharks. A few years ago, another man, Ken Crew, was attacked in waist deep water, the shark took his leg right off, and unfortunantly he died due to blood loss on the beach.

Im glad that the family asked for the shark not to be hunted and killed. The son said on the news this morning that it was there territory, not ours, and he and his father new the risks of being in the water. Aparently Western Australia fisheries wont kill the shark unless it poses a risk to other swimmers.

But yeah, very unlucky guy, and I feel for the family

new topics

top topics

join