It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The things a man does to impress a woman...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRandom1

You know people tend to serial date. Even if they TRY to pick someone who they think is better or different, somewhere down in their subconcious, they pick up on cues and end up with the same bread and butter.

The trick is to date people who you normally wouldn't look at.

The successful dating sites have picked up on this. If someone has had several failed attempts, they will scramble and hook them up with someone completely different.

We watch who our parents, friends, and especially siblings pick, and that sets the standard, and we follow the pattern, not really knowing if it is good for us or not.

Everyone has a few bad apples. But the human race would cease to exist if we gave up trying after a few bad deals.

And I do not mean this in an attacking manor: but if you are calling people worthless and retards, and berating all their actions, what kind of person do you think you are going to attract?

A message board is one thing, but if you treat people like this in real life, most likely you are only going to date people with no self esteem and no concept of how a relationship works. And those people will continue to jump from one bad relationship to the next, because they are looking for love in teh wrong way. They feel bad, so they find people who treat them bad.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I am amazed how many people think the opposite sex actually cares about all the superficial stuff. Leads me to wonder if I have it wrong or they do.

I got a sports car (it's fast), I got a truck (it's jacked up), I got a Harley (it's loud), I got a hot tub and movie theater projection television... Doesn't mean a thing to me and I'm not gonna flaunt it.

I got the vehicles cos I like them, got the hot tub cos I like to soak in it and the home theater because I love playing full sized video games with my kids.

If you are lookign for money or refinements you'll never see them. But as my finace fond out... When you get through my guard... Im a nice guy with a caring heart. I just don't give a darn about anyone elses opinion if it conflicts with mine.

Any person who thinks they need to impress someone is trying to compensate for lacks in their OWN life.

I'm happy just being me.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I dont know what his problem is, Playing with fire is easy and simple.

And yes that is I doing this.

Disclaimer:
Do not try this at home, you might get hurt.
Screw it if your stupid enough to actually try it go for it.. Who am I to tell you what not to do, learn on your own.

And no no chicks wanted me after this. My mouth was horrible tasting i guess.

[edit on 12/29/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Better you than me...

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

"I'd rip the throat out of an alligator, through his butt!"

Dooper, You are one of the few people who I believe would or could do such a thing.

And don't give us that nonsense about doing it for a girl... you'd do it anyways...

Semper fi

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
The older I get the easier it is to "just be me" as I am way too out of shape and way too poor to do much of anything to impress anyone

It is nice to be settled into a relationship with someone who loves you warts, bumps and all and vice versa. If you have to impress someone for them to want you they are not worth having IMO.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I have found that just being yourself, not acting like a billy bard arse and not pretending to be something you are not is what impresses women the most.

And thats going by a trusted and tried and successful method over countless dates for years. And with one particular woman, it was impressive enough for her to decide to marry me.

IMO, any woman who needs to be surrounded by materialistic things has a social problem. High maitenance requires high tolorance from the man and before long, the man's interests and needs become secondary to the woman's appetite for materialistic attention....pfft..file 13..not worth your time or money wasting on a woman who will only pay attention to the materialistic things you give to her and not pay a tenth of attention to your heart and feelings.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

lol how did u know that my fav music is reggae!!
thats amazing lol!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join