It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradumos & Albert Einstein on UFO's & ALIENS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hey guys. It's been a long time since I have posted anything or participated in any type of discussion on this forum(or for any forum for that matter)

I have a few things that I would like to ask this educated community...

#1 What do you guys think of Nostradamus and his predictions about aliens, ufo's, alien dictatorship taking over earth etc..??

#2 what are your views and opinions on Albert Einstein? How his 4th dimension research towards the latter part of his career and subsequently life changed his out look on the world, man and ultimately his own sanity.

Did Einstein go mad after discovering the power of his work? Did he discover time-travel? Saw his own death? The future of man and developed dementia? OR was his ramblings about ufo's, aliens and time travel just ramblings on an old mind who was compromised by a disease?

All of your opinions and views would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Albert Einstein did not "go mad" or develop dementia. He did not discover time-travel. He had little interest in ufo's.

Nostradamus is mistranslated and misinterpreted on an ongoing basis.

[edit on 12/28/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspician they were both 'contactees' of some sort. Whether it be in the physical or through psychic contact. Becoming 'in the know' in regards to the workings of the universe can cause one to go mad as you say. Take Don Elkins for example, learning what he did from the channelings of Ra led him to commit suicide... he simply could not understand this crazy world any longer. Not that Einstein or Nostradamus was that over the edge, but you'd have to be teetering on thin ice with so many truths swirling around in your head. Geez, sometimes I have a tough time!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

He may have had little interest. However, Einstein did plead with the President(Truman) to consider the relationship that may form if human airplanes were to start shooting at flying objects.

He pleaded with Truman not to attack or shoot at flying saucers. Furthermore, Einstein is quoted as saying "It's not the fault of those on earth. It is the fault of those who come from the skies, watch and do nothing"

Care to rebut?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

This "contact" stuff is just plain old silly. Einstein was a very strong spoken and opinionated man. Therefore, if he had "contact" or whatever, than he would of definitely came out witht he information or atleast wrote about it.

Einstein kept meticulous records of everything he did, studied and experienced. He kept a daily journal.

So, he would of def. said or written something.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjenka

Thank you for doing this thread. I have a real interest in Einstein but not as informed as you seem to be. I will follow this thread to look for new thoughts and may contribute where I can.

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjenka

Einstein is quoted as saying

Before I can rebut I would like to see the source and full context of the "quote".

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka

#1 What do you guys think of Nostradamus and his predictions about aliens, ufo's, alien dictatorship taking over earth etc..??

I've studied Nostradamus for 20 years now and have a few books on him. The funny thing that I have noticed that we have never read his centuries correctly yet... unless you count people going back after 9/11 (insert any horrible thing here) and then say he was talking about that.
The great fish goes to the new city, much pain in the month of Mars. When you read this you can come up with a half a dozen explanations for it. The bad thing about Nostradamus is that he was writing prophesies that he could have been killed for so he made them obscure as possible, unfortunately for us.
There are only a couple of times that he actually gives a date. One was for the 'King of Terror' in 1999 and one is for the actual end of the world. I can't remember that one off hand... something like 6000 a.d. or something. Everyone thought a giant comet was going to hit us... even I was a bit nervous that July. An interesting idea posed by another researcher was that Nostradamus may have just meant we would see a comet and that would mark the beginning of something. A comet was seen that month and year... so time will tell I guess.
I guess that is my point with Nostradamus... time will tell, because his quatrains are almost impossible to decipher until after the fact.
Do I think Nostradamus was a seer? Yes, because too many things have come true. I'm not talking about him calling Hitler 'Hister' either. That one I don't think is true because there is a river called Hister... I think that was a mistake. However, that one where he saw the death of the king by a lance thru his eye is just too remarkable for me... so I say yes to him being a seer, but its almost irrevelant because his prophesies are too obscure to be of any use until they have already happened. So yes, he's a seer, but unfortunately he's of no better use than bathroom reading, I'm sorry to say.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienmojo

Are you a time traveler or something, man?
It's currently 2000 AD, how did you witness a even in 6000 AD?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by mrjenka

It may be silly to you, but do you really think he would have written up a quick memo .. Uh, last night I was contacted via my mind by a group of et's who gave me the key to unlock the mysteries of the universe?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

These are direct quotes from Einstein...:

"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist. In the vastness of the Universe we are not alone."

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Albert Einstein did not "go mad" or develop dementia. He did not discover time-travel. He had little interest in ufo's.

Nostradamus is mistranslated and misinterpreted on an ongoing basis.

Very true, Einstein was odd. He was a master of science and probably math, but a failure at other subjects I hear.

Nostradamus predictions seem too come out, AFTER an event and people try to fit in what he said fairly often to match an event.

I dont recall them speaking on UFOs but that would be interesting to find out.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
reply to post by Phage

These are direct quotes from Einstein...:

"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist. In the vastness of the Universe we are not alone."

The source and context I was looking for was for the quote you provided earlier:

"It's not the fault of those on earth. It is the fault of those who come from the skies, watch and do nothing"

I can find no such quote attributed to Albert Einstein.

I can't find quote about life in the universe being attributed to Einstein either. The references I can find are to a book called The Bible According to Albert Einstein, which carries this disclaimer:

Disclaimer: In no way should The Bible According to Einstein be construed to be written by Albert Einstein.

Even if Albert Einstein did make that statement, I wouldn't find it surprising. If Einstein did believe there is life elsewhere in the universe he was (and is) hardly alone in that belief. A belief based on probabilities. A belief in life elsewhere is hardly a belief that we are being visited by extraterrestrial intelligences. Note the "quote" says life, not intelligent life.

It is customary when providing "direct quotes" to provide a source if you want to be taken seriously, otherwise anyone can simply claim that anyone said anything to back up their claims.

I would also like to know the source for the claim that Einstein communicated with Truman about UFO's.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am reading a book on Einstein that I recommend:

"Einstein - His Life and Universe" by Walter Isaacson.

I cannot at this moment find the quote talking about intelligent life elsewhere, but if I do I will post it.

new topics

top topics

join