It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Domes On The Moon? Let’s Set The Controversy to Rest!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by depthoffield

thanks for the foto.

now its clear that the speculation about this one is also just BS.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

OK I think i'm wrong with this example of a 'glass dome' as a friend pointed out it's upside down... so the picture actually looks like this:

i470.photobucket.com...
OH well, I'll keep searching for those elusive moon domes

wZn

[edit on 25-2-2009 by watchZEITGEISTnow]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72
no domes, no moon base. nothing.

Maybe even no moon, just a concave disc!

Just a funny thought

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by merka

You're getting into dangerous territory there, Merka....sounds a bit like...

Why does the sun come up? Or are the stars just pin holes in the curtain of night, who knows? What I do know is that because you were born different, men will fear you... try to drive you away like the people of your village.

We all know what happened to that guy!

[edit on 17-7-2009 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I dont know...what happened to him?

line 2

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
2 Years later and I guess it's official. There are reflective domes on the moon, but they were made by volcanoes not aliens.

Non-mare silicic volcanism on the lunar farside at Compton–Belkovich

Here we use images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Cameras, digital terrain models and spectral data from the Diviner lunar radiometer to assess the morphology and composition of this region. We identify a central feature, 25 by 35 km across, that is characterized by elevated topography and relatively high reflectance. The topography includes a series of domes that range from less than 1 km to more than 6 km across, some with steeply sloping sides.

www.nature.com...

more articles:
NY Times
Fox News
International Business Times

Also, check out that image again posted back on page 8 by Zorgon, www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreb13
2 Years later and I guess it's official. There are reflective domes on the moon, but they were made by volcanoes not aliens

snip

Here we use images from the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter Cameras, digital terrain models and spectral data from the Diviner lunar radiometer to assess the morphology and composition of this region. We identify a central feature, 25 by 35 km across, that is characterized by elevated topography and relatively high reflectance. The topography includes a series of domes that range from less than 1 km to more than 6 km across, some with steeply sloping sides.

snip

Domes on the moon are natural features as are the domes on earth, mars, etc. But what Singh showed had nothing to do with natural features. He mistook lens flares for whatever his conspirational mind wanted to see. See the lander on the left of the image? See all of the reflective areas? See the effect of the sunlight on those reflective areas? Singh couldn't comprehend lens flares.

There was no need to revive this useless thread.

edit on 26-7-2011 by The Shrike because: To, hopefully, correct quoted material.

edit on 26-7-2011 by The Shrike because: To add insult to injury!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

If it bothers you then don't post in it.

I became aware of this thread after I seen you had bumped it to the top of my subscribed threads list.

Anyhow, I think you are just jealous of the OP's anomalies. He found so many that there are bound to be explainable ones, but you haven't found anything of note. Not even under your SkepticalEd account did you post anything approaching the quality of the OPs finds.

Thanks for bumping the thread, shrike.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

He is giving you his opinion, so deal with it. I can see if he just posted a one line post with only that line how it would be useless, but his post has merit to it, and if he chose to close his post with his opinion of the thread then so be it. Suck it up, cupcake.

I became aware of this thread after I seen you had bumped it to the top of my subscribed threads list.

Well, obviously given the age of this thread, your average person understands that it is nothing more than the typical "look I found bla bla bla on the surface of bla bla bla" crap that makes us all look like ignorant morons. Maybe that is why the thread eventually went away. I do agree though, shame to bring it back up. It exposes numerous "noobs" that have not shed their "water wings" and are mentally susceptible to such nonsense. Therefore, it perpetuate ignorance to even discuss this crap. Call it the "generational sin of ufology" if you will.

Anyhow, I think you are just jealous of the OP's anomalies.

I don't know how you could possibly think that based on what he wrote, but that statement at least allows your feeble mind to mentally dismiss anything he said so you don't have to deal with it using logic, reason and common sense.....obviously three things that are not your strong points.

He found so many that there are bound to be explainable ones

You just illustrate the complete ignorance that plagues this subject. The old "throw enough crap on the wall and something is bound to stick" mantra. I could go into detail as to how that is very counterproductive to the cause of getting reasonable people to take up the cause of this subject and propel it into the real limelight, but you obviously wouldn't understand.

Now go now and run along to the mods to complain how rude I am and get this post deleted, as you usually do.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

You just illustrate the complete ignorance that plagues this subject.

Which subject are you talking about? UFOs? Aliens? Moon Anomalies?

*Do you post lunar anomalies or do you just stalk the threads made by the contributors of lunar anomalies?

Anyhow...

What do you guys think this one is?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cdc469837da.jpg[/atsimg]

It looks like something being launched.

edit on 27-7-2011 by Exuberant1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

It could be just a reflection, how was that photo taken?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Anyhow, I think you are just jealous of the OP's anomalies. He found so many that there are bound to be explainable ones, but you haven't found anything of note. Not even under your SkepticalEd account did you post anything approaching the quality of the OPs finds.

Thanks for bumping the thread, shrike.

My pleasure in reviving this useless thread. It gave you an opportunity to show the members how you support meaningless drivel. You were always good at doing it. I explained how the OP made an error in fanciful identification. If you think that the OP's finds have any quality, you might as well hang up your aluminum head dome. It didn't work.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

My pleasure in reviving this useless thread.

You just said you didn't want to revive the thread? And it was useless?

See:

But you did revive it, and now people are starring my replies to you.

I think you should let this thread get you upset.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
i see some lens flaring and some smudges on the lens.

that said, I do think there MAY have been something on the moon. Too much time, money and resource was heavily poured into the moonshot by too many countries. It feels to me like they were after something much bigger and more valuable than national pride.

However, aside from this feeling, based on human nature (which is to say, major governments do not pour that level of money and resources into something for altruistic reasons -ever) I have not seen any hard evidence.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join