It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Operation Cast Lead" - What Is Zionist Goal?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by John Matrix

I would be the last on this forsaken planet to stand in any politicians way of using or being in religion as part of their life. But if they truely believe that this is the land of the free, freedom of religion, then perhaps all of them should not shove ANY of their religious beliefs when speaking publicly to a diverse religious nation, unless they are willing to insert quotes from all of the religions that are within this nation's boarders.
Cheers!!!!

They jail people in some Muslim countries for preaching Christianity. I don't agree with that kind of law, however, one should obey the laws of the country they are in, or visiting, otherwise don't go there.

But, I would not like to see the USA take a stand like what you are suggesting. I don't hear anymore references to God in today's politics than I did when Kennedy was president. So I don't see God or religion as being a problem here.

[edit on 28-12-2008 by John Matrix]

[edit on 29-12-2008 by John Matrix]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

They jail people in some Muslim countries for preaching Christianity. I don't agree with that kind of law, however, one should obey the laws of the country they are in, or visiting, otherwise don't go there.

But, I would not like to see the USA take a stand like what you are suggesting. I don't here anymore references to God in today's politics than I did when Kennedy was president. So I don't see God or religion as being a problem here.

Perhaps you should refer to the infamous state of the union address following the 9/11 attacks? Bush Jr. there quoted so much from scripture he didnt sound like a president, but more like a preacher. It is also not the fist time he has used quotes from the Christian scriptures to apply them to his war on terrorism.

This country does not have to, and will not, arrest or condem its citizens based on religious belief or how they worship. So you dont have anything to worry about with that.

What I am suggesting is that the politicians, and every American citizen, to simply let others choose their religion as they see fit, as guaranteed in the Bill of Rights. I am not suggesting anything outside of what is already in that document and within the Constitution.

Im not sure exactly what you were thinking as to what I was suggesting. I only said that politicians should not shove their religion preference in the public's face when addressing the public that is comprised of many different religions. To be using Christian scripture when addressing the entire American public of diverse religions, is not any different from a dictator's speech using Allah's or Budda's or Satan's scriptures in thier speeches. So why should any politician be using ANY quotes from ANY religion at all?!!

See my point?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

Whether it is part of a particular sect or whether it is a "movement" I'm not sure, but there is a movement with Islam to create a "Worldwide Califate" through Jihad.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

My God man!!!! go live in another country!!! THIS ONE WAS FOUNDED ON CHRISTIAN BELIEFS!!! it is refreshing to hear someone who has not forgotten the WAR that has waged for thousands of years!! and yes i believe our version of God is the correct one!! not a version that pacifies the sexual beliefs of 72 virgins waiting for the true believer!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Well as 2009 lingers to unleash the before are happening to unlock the chains that are withholding the evil about to unfold. This current upscale in conflict is only prevalent for the forward in 2009 and may trigger the Obama-test event in January or the test might be the start of war between India and Pakistan.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

MAYBE PAT SAYJAK CAN SELL YOU A CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

SAJAK!! SOORY FOR BAD SPELLING

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

How many centuries have passed since the Inquisition? What has happened since then?

The Enlightenment, The Rennasance, The Industrial Revolution, The Information Age. I don't know how many centuries need to pass or how many ages need to subside before it is acknowledged that the Christians have progressed beyond the need to force their religion on the masses.

On the other hand, a worldwide Jihad is taking place today.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarminer

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Israeli warplanes hit Hamas ministry

Israeli warplanes have struck the Hamas Interior Ministry in the Gaza strip as the Israeli tanks massed at the Gaza border.

Hamas said that the Israeli jets bombed the Gaza Interior Ministry on Monday, the first air strike that targeted a government building in Israel's offensive, Reuter reports.

There has been no immediate reports of any casualties.

www.presstv.ir...

www.alertnet.org...

[edit on 28-12-2008 by JanusFIN]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

it is refreshing to hear someone who has not forgotten the WAR that has waged for thousands of years!! and yes i believe our version of God is the correct one!!

Which version of God are referring to as the correct one? .. One that advocates crusades, murder and WAR as you suggest?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

this is a prime example of "out of context", i never said anything about WAR or so one "und so weiter" like i said !! SCHOOL BABY!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cal7man
reply to post by RFBurns

My God man!!!! go live in another country!!! THIS ONE WAS FOUNDED ON CHRISTIAN BELIEFS!!! it is refreshing to hear someone who has not forgotten the WAR that has waged for thousands of years!! and yes i believe our version of God is the correct one!! not a version that pacifies the sexual beliefs of 72 virgins waiting for the true believer!!!

No it wasnt. Show us the evidence that it was founded on Christian beliefs.

Here, take a look at this article and then come back with an enlightened prospective.

From article:

Many of the founding fathers—Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Madison and Monroe—practiced a faith called Deism. Deism is a philosophical belief in human reason as a reliable means of solving social and political problems. Deists believe in a supreme being who created the universe to operate solely by natural laws—and after creation, is absent from the world

Here is another article LINK

And another. LINK

And another. LINK.

From article in last link:

Religion
Lambert (2003) has examined the religious affiliations and beliefs of the Founders. Some of the 1787 delegates had no affiliation. The others were Protestants except for three Roman Catholics: C. Carroll, D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons. Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, 28 were Episcopalian, eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists, the total number being 49. Some of the more prominent Founding Fathers were anti-clerical or vocal about their opposition to organized religion, such as Jefferson. Some of them often related their anti-organized church leanings in their speeches and correspondence, including George Washington[citation needed], John Adams[citation needed], Thomas Jefferson (who created the "Jefferson Bible"), and Benjamin Franklin[citation needed]. However, notable founders, such as Patrick Henry, were strong proponents of traditional religion. Several of the Founding Fathers considered themselves to be deists or held beliefs very similar to that of deists, including Paskapää,.[10]

Although not a religion, Freemasonry was represented in Samuel Adams, John Blair, Benjamin Franklin, James Mchenry, George Washington, Abraham Baldwin, Gunning Bedford, William Blount, David Brearly, Daniel Carroll, Jonathan Dayton, Rufus King, John Langdon, George Read, Roger Sherman, James Madison, Robert Morris, William Paterson, and Charles Pinckney.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 29-12-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

yeah youre right, i will believe this obscure article written and published on the internet instead of what been known as fact for the last 100+ years!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 29/12/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

I just put up more for you. I am sure at least one of them is correct.

But if you dont want to see articles from the web, simply visit your local library. The books in there will tell you the same thing.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cal7man

you actually believe this wash! find something with more weight before telling me to read this!!! gotta question your sources dude??!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This article, directly from the Library of Congress website, will probably ruffle a few feathers in some.

Hope you are sitting down.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cal7man
reply to post by cal7man

you actually believe this wash! find something with more weight before telling me to read this!!! gotta question your sources dude??!!

Have you even bothered to go to those sites yet before questioning the sources?

Go on, it wont hurt to click on the links and note the url website addresses.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join