It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm worried that the military might want to start a coup here in the USA.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Hi there. I've been thinking about this for quite some time. I'm worried that the military might start a coup de'tat right here in the land of the free and the brave or of the infedels whatever it is to you.

My worry is that the military has been gaining enormous power here. It hasn't happened any time in our history (successfully) in the past but there have been attempts by military forces to take over/disrupt the union. My worry is that with all of the recent powers that the military has been given and all of the talk the military has been doing about how they're ready for a crisis and civil unrest... what if they just take the opportunity during a period of civil unrest or disobedience (like if they make gay marriage illegal here)... the US army takes us over and occupies us in our own country? What if they're not allied to anyone? Maybe the NWO? What if our military already has a program to take over the USA for the NWO and the British crown if our country is in civil unrest like Greece is in or Thailland recently was in?

The Government says we should support the troops but who do the troops support? I know there are plenty of good troops in the US army but I'm sure there are troops in the US army that would just die to become the dictator of our great country the USA. Please tell me that I'm paranoid or that I may be onto something... or that my fears are overstated. I have a right to worry. Am I paranoid enough?

[edit on 28-12-2008 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The thing you need to keep in mind is that troops are not atomatons. They are people, human beings with families, friends, relatives. They are no different from the rest of us. They do not blindly follow orders and if they did blindly follow orders without using their heads, they would not be in the military at all. The military does not want non-thinking individuals otherwise they would just make robots and use them instead.

Relax.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I trust our military way more than I trust this so called government we have. Most of my family has been in the military and I grew up on military bases and trust military more than I have ever trusted civilians. I for one would feel better if the military would intervine now.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Don't worry about.
I think RFBurns makes the point that people often miss. The Military is made up of ordinary, average men and women. Most of their friends and family will be civilian. When conspiracies build up about the Military turning on it's civilians, they tend to lack imagination. 'The Military' isn't an object. It's made up of tens of thousands of people with their own minds. Very unlikely scenario.

Look at the s*** Bush has gotten into in the past 8 years. Two wars, massive debts, potential new Cold War, allegations of vote rigging, abusing the right to Veto, Guantanamo Bay, extraordinary rendition and jobs for the boys

If that doesn't encourage protests and military coups, what will?! You're safe. No coups here.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If the army didn´t blindly follow orders, you wouldn´t be in this mess at all.

When was the last time ranking officers asked: Hey, tell us why you really send us head over heel in here with only phony excuses, or we will stop sending our young men to die?!

With that said, I don´t believe in any military coup on US soil. At the very least you have to disarm the public before anything like that would happen.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
There were very substantial rumors about a military coup in the aftermath of 9/11. I think it was discussed somewhat on ATS.

People high in the military knew that 9/11 didn't add up and that the Bush foreign policy with all the invasions on the agenda, didn't add up. There is some video on the web in which Gen. (Ret.) Wesley Clark discusses the questions within the military about Bush's incomprehensible foreign policy.

Bottom line: the coup didn't happen. There was one suspicious firing of a high ranked army general that was rumored to be connected with coup talk, but that was it.

I don't mean to disparage the military, but professional soldiers, like in the US and in Europe, do not mount coups. (Thank God.) It's not like in South America, where the armies are not professional, but more closely wedded to a social class.

The German army wanted to mount a coup against Hitler, but dithered and dithered like fish out of water. The US military did and will do the same. They are not political. (Again, thank God.)

Radical change in the US government will have to come from the people and that's where it should come from, as specified by the founding fathers.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by ipsedixit]

new topics

top topics

join