It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 709
<< 706  707  708    710  711  712 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by alysha.angel

Calm down.... I never said she was going to erupt... I asked if there has been an increase in activity... That is all. Nothing more.

The reason I was asking is because dec 21 is coming up pretty quick, and if YS was going to do something, it may be showing signs now. You don't have to snap at me because I brought up that date, it is a real date, and there is a lot of mystery surrounding it. So forgive me for being curious about something other than nothing happening.

no-one has ever withnessed an eruption of an super volcano (caldera)...who knows.. could be an very quick process....

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well fellow ATS'ers
anyone notice the activity in the park today?? I have....

Just minor activity BUT u never know......

isthisthingon.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

Thank you for the link! I lost the "isthisthingon" address awhile back and I've missed it. A lot.

I do have a good excuse for losing the link. A tornado ate it.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Tic Toc as we watch the clock
December 21 is near..
The monster underneath Yellowstone,, is quiet as a mouse
Lets hope there is nothing to fear,

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Anyone else watching the new show about Yellowstone on the Discovery channel? Interesting....

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Just came on my time. Hope it's good.

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The USGS has weekly seminars from the Earthquake Science Center that you can either stream live or watch the archived video later. Earlier this month, Karen Luttrell from USGS Mendenhall, Volcano Science Center gave a presentation on her work; Small Strains Near Yellowstone Lake (and what they tell us about magma).

Just click the video link on the page above to begin the talk. There are also a full set of slides to follow along with her powerpoint presentation.

She uses climate-related surface loads and associated seiches on the lake to model what is going on with the magma. Lots of detailed explanations of the borehole strainmeters used at the lake, stream-level gauges, etc, and what these signals imply. It's just over an hour including the question-and-answer period at the end, but an interesting talk.

Enjoy.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well, there's been a documentary on Yellowstone Supervolcano that addresses our much talked about 2008 swarm. Same territory covered, but it's interesting nonetheless....
Supervolcano Doc

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Wonderful link to share, Olivine. Thanks.

I only discovered the USGS education links recently and I appreciate that they make so much of what they offer open to the public. Here is the link that I've been using: USGS Education.

There is so much for us newbies to discover there. Again, thank you!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Have this thread gone dead? Or is it YS that have gone dead?
Not one single quake?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roald
Have this thread gone dead? Or is it YS that have gone dead?
Not one single quake?

things have been pretty quiet and no YS didnt go dead ... theres just not much happening at YS these days . but its all good ,im sure she ll pick up sooner or later , she always does ...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am planning my annual outing to Yellowstone later this year...

Anyone have any interesting or curious spots you want me to checkout?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
maybe someone is digging underground

-seriously-

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Not likely at all. The ground at Yellowstone is way too unstable to even make that feasable.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was wondering if the 4.0 quake today was inside the park. I have been looking at the map and I think it was. I know somewhere on this thread there is a picture that shows the magma shifting towards the West.

M4.0 - 22km SW of Afton, Wyoming

Upon closer look it wasn't in the park but south of it.
edit on 1-3-2013 by AuntB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
www.iris.edu...

ya, wasnt yellowstone, but close.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
There was just a mini-swarm a few hours ago. Nothing to get excited about when you really think about it. Of course I'm no expert, but I'd like to think I'm recognizing the different signatures. I said on Quake Watch that it may be hydro-thermal. thud

Water on the brain again. And some loose wires. I checked the deformation and there is most definately subsidence. This makes me think I might be wrong about the recent Madison Plateau quakes are recharging events. But if this were the case wouldn't it be rising again. Maybe they're just small injections. or.. whatever

The main point is the fact that the crust is settling down. This means there is a downward pressure, and therefore, something will be squeezed. What? Well, the thing that lay between the magma chamber and the surface is a very complex network of pipes. This would be the aquifer and the geyser system. Once the magma chamber becomes more stable after the deflation due to the swarms in January 2010, it will start to once again apply more upward pressure. Maybe there are injections into the chamber which then squeeze the aquifer, which would then shoot some water upward. It may be a blast from below.

I was just about to stop watching the squiggly lines. It looked quiet. But there was one little pop. Which made me wait around longer. So, maybe you keep an eye on her tonight. It was probably a leftover. But who knows?

edit on 4-3-2013 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm going to suggest that Puterman or Muzzy take a glance at this one.

Madison River (If I remember my sensors correctly.)

Norris Ridge

Upper Falls

Look at 21:51-52 UTC

What do you think?
I did a hasty glance at that major quake list on USGS, & this is on a lot of sensors there.
So it could be just my nerves, considering I've been watching the Bayou Corne mess intently.

M.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Really shallow (0.9 km) magnitude 3.1 a bit north of the lake this morning.

Here is a look at the activity recorded at PB 208
It seems like it has quieted back down since this volley...that's good.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
www.seis.utah.edu...

heres a list of all of the recent quakes in YS folks..

new topics

top topics

<< 706  707  708    710  711  712 >>

join