It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 678
<< 675  676  677    679  680  681 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Remember everybody that courtesy is mandatory, for everyone.

Back on topic, please.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
reply to post by onthelookout

Timeframes, people, timeframes. Look again at the image Roald posted (I have it on my site too, for reference; www.isthisthingon.org... ). See the time range at the bottom? It clearly shows between 15 and 20 peaks in 10 seconds. Frequency (peaks per second) is the reciprocal of wavelength (seconds per peak); therefore, the frequency of the harmonic tremors in that image is 1.5 to 2.0 Hz.

Now look at the 1/25 image everyone's freaking out about. Each vertical grey line is a full minute, and I estimate there are about about 12 peaks per minute. That works out to 0.2Hz for the frequency, much too slow to be harmonic tremors; those are always at least 1 Hz (see this and this and Google if you don't believe me). Whatever's on the YSB trace, it is not harmonic tremors. Notice how on this USGS page, that sample image has absolutely no time range shown on the X axis? Unforgiveably negligent of them. Very unscientific, and very misleading. We should all demand a refund from the IRS for such misspent tax dollars.

In brief, don't just look at the shape of a waveform to determine what it is. That isn't enough to go on.

My apologies if anyone else already clarified this. One day it was at page 666; the next time I looked, there were 11 new pages. I'm a bit pressed for time right now. Work sucks.

Those are all good points you bring up.

Regarding frequency, have you considered the effect of how an event recorded on a broad-band seismograph, might appear on a narrow-band machine?

YOu might be interested to know that the snippet from the USGS "Harmonic Tremor" definition is taken from this larger seismogram:

Mt St Helens,
seismic Station RAN,
April 2, 1980

(snippet is just above image center;Image Source)

edit on 25-2-2011 by Trip3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Trip3: Don;t let them play you.Their purpose is to befuddle and anger you..They twist what you say, lie and try to get you caught up in petty arguments over irrelevant issues like their charges of sexism and claims that you are impuning the integrity of the great Jake Lowenstein.They move the goalposts,and argue the same points again and again..Their purpose is to keep the panic down by diverting attention to relatively low threat areas such as New Madrid or Mt St Helens.You may think you are arguing with two or four different posters, but quite possibly it is one disinfo guy posting under multiple handles.The goal is to wear you down and destroy your credibility and the credibility of this thread.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Ha. I knew I had some somewhere...

This file was recorded sometime during a volcanic eruption in Alaska; I have no idea when. It's been sped up 50 times, which makes it sound exactly like a war zone. The "drum hit" sounds are individual quakes; the high-pitched doppler-shifted whining is harmonic tremors. They probably sound more like a whoopie cushion at normal speed...

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

Regarding frequency, have you considered the effect of how an event recorded on a broad-band seismograph, might appear on a narrow-band machine?

There are seismometers that can't capture events in the 1 to 10 Hz range? There are seismometers that filter out those frequencies? I'd think such a device would be useless in the extreme. But what do I know. Also, what is a "narrow-band machine"? What kind of machine, if not the seismo itself?

[EDIT]
Oh wait, I see what you meant: the same physical event, recorded on two different machines? Well... that's basically just what we have, here: the USGS seismogram at low resolution, and the WWS wave data at high resolution. Boy, I hope I can still get data from 1/25 off of it... yes.
I'll put it in a new post.
[/EDIT]

YOu might be interested to know that the snippet from the USGS "Harmonic Tremor" definition is taken from this larger seismogram:

I still don't see any kind of X-axis legend on there showing what time period the traces cover. Without that it might as well be a 3-year-old's crayon scribbles.
edit on 2/25/2011 by Thought Provoker because: Qapla'

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker
reply to post by Trip3

There are seismometers that can't capture events in the 1 to 10 Hz range? There are seismometers that filter out those frequencies? I'd think such a device would be useless in the extreme. But what do I know. Also, what is a "narrow-band machine"? What kind of machine, if not the seismo itself?

Each name of the Yellowstone Seismic Stations, below, can be clicked on to take you to a description of the station.

Yellowstone Seismic Station Map

Stations I've referenced, such as YJC, YMP, YSB, and YPK are all narrow-band, short-period.

Robin's favorite station, YMR - Madison River, is broadband and strong-motion.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
reply to post by herenow

Thank you so much my friend! I have my E-Quake back after almost a year! Very much appreciated!

@Robin.

Is there a map of all the fracking wells around Yellowstone? It would be interesting to see...

I would very much like to see a map of that also! I was poking around a little bit last night looking for one. I thought maybe the WY Bureau of Land management might have one via their map server but had no luck there. Also tried the Wyo Oil and Gas Conservation Commission. I'll look around some more tonight but if you know where to find one, Robin, please let us know!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I hope this puts it in perspective.

The details of the entire minute of 10:30 UTC on 1/25/2011 at YSB:

The portion of YSB seismograph image equating to that detail:

edit on 2/25/2011 by Thought Provoker because: Re-precisioning the date

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dalloway

I have no idea of the accuracy here... but I found it so I will share it.

It's from 2009 and here is the related web page.

Source - Web Blog

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Nice job, Utah!! Thanks for tracking that down and posting it!

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Excellent find. Congratulations.

Some other potentially good stuff on that site as well.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

There have been 25 recorded tremors in the pacific ring of fire this week but officials claim that they are not connected. But of course there is Mt. Lokon and what is going on in the Philippines as well right now. that whole area is rumbling. Maybe yellowstone is the detonator for the final fireworks display.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You guys ready. I have the answer. Like always. Don't mess with, don't mess with me.

I have evidence. Pure. Pure. One more. Pure. Evidence. That I am right. No harmonic tremors.

How could you know such a thing Robin?
Easy. The webicorder Trick 3 showed me has no harmonic tremors.
But how do you what harmonic tremors look like?
Easy, it's the internet, there's tons of examples to look at. Like Mt. St Helens and such.
But do you know that those on Jan 25th are not harmonic tremors?
As I said, I've seen them before. I've seen them before because when I first came out here to share my ideas, I had no idea what the hell I was looking at. I even got embarassed when I thought the wierd reading in the LKWY were some sort of fluid movement. Water on the brain. I felt so sure that it was something. But then I learn that Yellowstone's equipment was not state of the art. There were all kinds of problems.

I wanted to understand these webicorders and the quakes at Yellowstone. So I went through each one. Year by year all the way back. I check out every station and looked for the quakes and anything I thought wierd. I saw too many wierd things. It was obvious the signals being relayed were a mess as well. Trust me I know Yellowstone. Every page and every wierd squiggle.

I knew I had seen that signature on the old webicorders. Several times. God, I did not want to go back through them. Yesterday I tried for ten minutes. Gave up. Tonight's been a wierd one. So I went looking for more wierdness. And I found one, there's more but I'm done because I've been here before. Go look for yourself and you'll find all kinds of "harmonic tremors". It's interference just like I said.

Here's the webicoder from Nov 17 2008, YSB

www.isthisthingon.org...

Same day MCID

www.isthisthingon.org...

YSB Nov 18 the signal gets worse.

www.isthisthingon.org...

Now compare to Trick3's harmonic tremors from Jan 25th.

www.isthisthingon.org...

They are exactly the same. You can find more on other days. I've seen them. Don't need to find all of them.

I think I have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that there were no hamonic tremors on January 25 th.
Trick3's very first premise was wrong.

I don't care about the rest.

edit on 26-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
These appear to be small, shallow quakes, and are more than likely just letting off a little steam. I would be more worried in this region, if there was no activity. That would indicate to me that something deep inside was building up. That would worry me. Yellowstone has always been a very active caldera. Daily it releases its pressure, like Old Faithfull. Arkansas has been more active in the last 6 months than yellowstone.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nidwin

Nidwin, I think everyone knows I'm not God. But you're wrong about me being a genius. My experiment is genius. My hypothesis is genius. My other theories are genius and they're just sitting on the shelf gather dust.

John Nash was a genius. He also had suffer problems. Everything from brushes teeth to dealing with people. At one point in his life he gave up his citizenship. He wanted to be a member of the universe. Honestly I forget, I read the book long ago. I don't say I'm a genius lightly, nor arrogantly. Hell, I can't spell. But I've never stop being curious. I want to know everything about everything. And all I do is think and try and figure out mysteries. Like a good detective. I knew what killed those birds. And the fish. I knew what was causing those earthquakes.

My experiment is valid. My hpothesis is valid. My prediction on Jan. 15th was accurate.

I know things. Lots of things. Maybe it's time people really start listening to me.

And I think I'll start in Arkansas. I'll be back for the idiots drilling around Yellowstone. The idiots are going to set off an earthquake in the Mississipii. And I got to stop. Genius. It's hell. It's a nightmare, I couldn't think straight until I proved the truth. That's what important. Utmost. This was distracting me from my real purpose. Helping those in Arkansas. My ego is big. My intelligent part of my brain is supremley egocentric and domineering. But my emotional brain is Rain Man. I can't function practically. I call myself King of the Retards. Because they are my people. Since I am intelligent and atriculate, people don't think I have problems. It's subtle. But my emotions are disfuncional. My thoughts woeful. So I humbly tell you that I'm a genius, but as a person I am pathetic, and needing. Manic.

I hate being wrong. Because I want the truth. I want to know. I want to know the future. I know the future.

No voodoo. Just science and good dective work.

If Trip3 cannot distinguish interfence from harmonic tremors, I doubt we should trust anything else he has to say.
Because this amatuer, who you dismiss as a forum flunky, because I did not have "an education" and went to Hawii and rough it in the bush.

So maybe you can blame it all on your anonymous friend. Your crediblity is shot.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm not done. You know this bugged me. I thought, God Robin, What is you are wrong and they really are harmonic tremors? You just told a bunch of people who trusted you that they were not harmonic tremors and this person being untrue. What if he really is a geologist and he does have inside information and you're going to be fooled and not prepared. But worse still, you gave your word to these people and you'll fail them. You'll doom them if this is there way to find out in advance and save themselves.

Wow. Pressure. I couldn't have any doubt. I had to go back and recheck my thinking.

I'm going to be sick to my stomach , I can't write. too much wierdness today.

Need to rest.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Before I go throw up. I'm such an idiot. I can't put up screen shots

Please put the webicorders side by side to show the perfect match.

goodnight

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, you are one in a million. Thank you for everything you do here! Your honest, candid, unbridled enthusiasm and dedication is, well, just awesome.

edit on 26-2-2011 by dalloway because: word choice

new topics

top topics

<< 675  676  677    679  680  681 >>

join