It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 666
<< 663  664  665    667  668  669 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
So what's up HERE you guys? Wind?

The wind is CRAZY in Memphis!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
would be weird if yelly erupts now we entered page 666..... :-(

at least some activity on the charts.. :-)

www.isthisthingon.org...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
this page feels soooo evil,.
Yes, it would be interesting to say the least if something happed.
But....... not even a tremor....

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I had to get on this page as it obviously means something. 666. Yellowstone. Ley lines. Nbritu. Schnitzel. Zion Olympics. It all makes (non) sense now!

But seriously...
This is one of those threads i've taken little interest in.... I did however know about Yellowstone from an ATS thread...
I live in UK and we have sh!t extreme weather (the odd bit of lightening and some wind) so I hope it does erupt in my lifetime with no casualities as it sounds like it would be epic to watch from my armchair.

KABOOM. Bring it on.
edit on 21-2-2011 by manmental because: spellink

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Shouldn't we be getting some distant quake signals from the NZ quakes? Or are the YS heliocorders just garbage lately?

M.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Found one that shows it.

YHB.WY..HHZ.2011.053

The big squiggles!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Just put this on QW thread
as it shows the bumps all over the planet. Its come up on some of the PNSN ones as well. Why some and not others?
edit on 21-2-2011 by zenius because: yada yada

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Moshpet

Found one that shows it.

YHB.WY..HHZ.2011.053

The big squiggles!

Thanks, evidently you have a better source for the feeds than I do. I've been just going to the UoU site and checking the webi's there.

M.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Moshpet

Found one that shows it.

YHB.WY..HHZ.2011.053

The big squiggles!

I am surprised that YS webicorder would pick up a shallow quake in NZ. ?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zenius

It all depends on the sensitivity level setting of the instruments. Some instruments are near high traffic areas and are turned down so as to drowned out the local noise.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
666 pages, wow. I still remember when the 1st page was created.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

edit on 23-2-2011 by HedyLamarr because: the info was posted before

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
page 666 huh and nadda happens ,,, 666 is just a number people

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hey Hey! How ya all been?

Just checking in and was amazed to see the thread at 666 pages! Wow!
Great job everyone as this has been a great learning experience for everyone who reads it!
Of course I had to post on this page as if this puppy barked it would be hell.
Thanks to those who have kept us informed, reassured, and entertained!
Take care each and everyone!

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here's a new study.
www.cbc.ca...

Here's my experiment.

www.youtube.com...

Compare.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Hey All.

I found the other smaller thread about "harmonic tremors" on the 25th as a result of someone pointing it out to me.

It's unfortunate that that thread was closed, because the status of Yellowstone did, in fact, change that day.

The status of Yellowstone did not just change in my own view, a professional geologist, but in the views of those geologists attached to Yellowstone through UofUtah and USGS, and their response was dramatic.

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

DO you think you you could expand on this? I would be very interested to hear more about it.

Perhaps some links or something to show what it is you are talking about? I can remember a time not too long ago that some of us were questionging traces in the park, and why the gain was turned up so high.

Thanks-

(oh....and I am hoping this makes it to the top of the next page
)

Edit to add: are talking about THIS?
edit on 23-2-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

As a result of these harmonic tremor signatures on January 25th, a team of USGS/University of Utah geophysicists went up to Yellowstone on January 27th, leaving from Salt Lake City, worked through that night taking down seismograph stations, to put them on-line the next morning, and then began conducting seismic refraction studies, with these detonations witnessed in real time. I also know that on February 2, numerous terabytes of data were secured on a dedicated University of Utah computer, and a closed-door meeting was held from Yellowstone that day.

Here is a helpful site to view all the daily Yellowstone Seismograms at once.

www.isthisthingon.org...

If you set the date to January 27, 2011, and update the thumbnail display, you can see that the University of Utah geologist team turned off the seismographs all at around 22:27 MST..

If you then change the date to January 28th, and update the seismograms, you can see they powered the stations back up at about 05:36 MST. Some of the stations are initially turned on, but not set to register (having flat seismic lines).

Then at 11:15 MST these few stations are set to register seismic waves as well, then shortly thereafter they began setting off a series of seismic charges, shown by pronounced p-waves with no s-wave signatures. This is seen in the seismograms below

YJC (Yellowstone: Joseph's Coat)
www.isthisthingon.org...

YMP (Yellowstone: Mirror Lake Plateau)
www.isthisthingon.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
For those of you who imagine that this is going to come out on the evening news, or there's going to be some sort of "Press Conference" regarding the change in conditions .... that's just not the way this is going to play out, and it is deliberate.

Those persons directly involved in Yellowstone study and field work are unable to communicate by direct, public channels due to the lock-down on information on Yellowstone, and the full application of the "Presidential Memorandum on Scientific Integrity" .

Make no mistake, this Memorandum was instituted in March 2009 to deal with the escalation of volcanic activity at Yellowstone, in response to the period "Extraordinary Caldera Deformation" from 2004-2010.

This memorandum is not about any sort of overall concern of regarding "scientific integrity", but rather the lock-down of communications done by unofficial channels and the constraint of discussion of scientific data without advanced filtering by bureaucratic, political process. As indicated, this policy was instituted by the U.S. Department of Interior, and quite obviously isn't to control statements made about the status of Delta Smelt, or some other politicized concern, but rather something of far greater concern for the nation - Yellowstone.

edit on 23-2-2011 by Trip3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Trip3

I'm sorry, but I don't see any harmonic tremors or anything unusual.
The stations are antiquated. And they need to be replaced. Hopefully they'll do that soon.
I've noticed we're not getting phantom quakes anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 663  664  665    667  668  669 >>

join