It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 663
<< 660  661  662    664  665  666 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks Puterman, you always make me feel better

You are right too....I need to get away from this computer and buy some valentines for the loves in my life. I am blessed with two great kids and a wonderful hubby!!

Now if Helens would shut up, I could get more done.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by ReginaAdonnaAaron

Accurate reporting, I would think, would be what they would be MOST concerned with.

Unless it is too scary!

What if they had an idea that Yellowstone was ready to blow? (I am not saying that it is!)

Could you imagine what would happen from there east to the Atlantic coast? Millions of people trying to get to another continent. Mass hysteria.

That is why I think that if they were to have info pointing to an eruption, they would keep it hidden as well as they could. JMHO.

ETA: I am not sure that they could predict the eruption accurately anyway.

edit on 14-2-2011 by butcherguy because: too add

I agree with you, and honestly I think that is exactly what is going on. Trying to evacuate would be fruitless. So... just as the powers that be do with everything else, it's a matter of "just keep them confused" as a form of control.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Due to the movie 2012, all those involved in dealing with public relations are going to be flooded with all kinds of people wondering if Yellowstone is going to blow. They see the storm, all full of rumours, coming their way. I don't think this has to do with an eruption. It's all about fallout.

The NASA guys will also be deluged with queries and responding to all kinds of wild ideas. They already have been dealing with all kinds theories coming from the media. ( I hope their taking the oppurtunity to educate.)

It's all about containment.

Remember, at least half of all Americans don't even know Yellowstone is a volcano. Most of them wouldn't care if you told them. Many of those that DO know it's a volcano, don't care and shrug it off, and don't ever think about it. So there is only a small fraction of the population that is really cognative to the threat, and to the simple facts. Imagine somehow, in some way, someone starts a good panic and it catchs fire on a long weekend. Obama is in Hawaii. And what if coincidently, there is some small eruption of steam, in the lake for example, are a few five pointers, or a swarm all over the park with some dead animals freaking out the campers. Imagine a perfect storm of events that leaves the government lagging the story and trying to do damage control. They don't like that. So there is a plan. And wait a minute, why don't all Americans know the threat posed by a giant volcano under one of their favourite national treasures. Education? Ignorance? Apathy? Or is it deliberate. All of the above.

No they aren't taking chances. And none of them will ever speak of it because it's classified. Yellowstone is vital to national security. Plans have been made. If they're weren't any, I'd be asking why not. And what if the panic was an intentional act caused by an unfriendly nation. A cyber-attack. Zip-Zap. Lazer noise, lazer noise. Let's say a hostile nation decides to launch an attack, and they want to destablize the government and the media. Start a panic, and play the market. You'd make huge coin shorting the market (financial term for betting against the stock market, there's also naked short selling, but I'll save you the definition, it's manipulating the market) after you started a rumour to drive down stock prices. I'm not the only one who thinks about this stuff. That's the intelligence agencies job I think. What would it be like if they hacked into the webicorders, forget the webicorders, what would happen if they took over the entire YVO and the Utah guys computer systems and started posting giant quakes? At the same time you cut off communications to the people actually in the park. Start a fire. Cast a shadow. And stir the pot.

I'm no dummy. And I hate being played like a patsy.

Do you?
edit on 14-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Huge volcano under Yellowstone Park rising

www.msnbc.msn.com...
edit on 14-2-2011 by manotick because: correct error

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by manotick

I posted this back a few pages and it appears you missed a good rant.
8 posts down on this page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I've been writing on Quakewatch about a new report on mid-continental earthquakes. It relates to Arkansas and to Yellowstone. I'll direct you there. It's all connected.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I NEED YOUR HELP!

I started a new thread. The swarm in Arkansas is becoming alarming. So I'm ringing the alarms bells and need you to help me warn the people of the Mississipi River Valley. Particularly the residents of Memphis.

This relates to Yellowstone. Because after I'm done as much as I can to alert the people near the Mississippi River, I coming back here and try to warn the people in Wyoming, Idaho, and beyond. Because how do you limit your scope when you're talking about Yellowstone.

Check out the swarm action in Arkansas. Yellowstone is asleep.

www.iris.edu...

forgot to add my thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=10587699#pid10587699

edit on 16-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Did they increase the webicorders sensitivity? There nothing but strait lines on it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shikori

No. The winds are probably calm. There was lots of wind showing up for the last little while.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Is there any action we can take to alert people? I don't have family there and I feel helpless as to what to do? Do you think this earthquake is imminent?
Also you posted that you are coming back to warn people around Yellowstone. Is this simply because of the fracking or because you think a big earthquake could trigger something there? I live in ND so I'm just curious if I should be preparing for something?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ashleys27

The first thing that crossed my mind when I read your post was, am I just causing people to needlessly panic or become overly concerned? I try not to run my mouth without something to back up my claims. If I hadn't found research supporting my hypotheses, I wouldn't hold on to them.

My main concern is the fracking. We do not now the long term consequences. There is evidence that deep well injection disposal causes quakes. Proven fact. Now there is evidence leading researchers to suspect that mid-continental quakes are not local, and are probably putting stresses on other fault systems. I've always suspected that because I believe nothing can happen in isolation.

Since they are fracking near Yellowstone, I have no choice but to ask the questions.
Will fracking destabilze adjacent areas around Yellowstone?
Will these destablized fault networks trigger a significant change at Yellowstone?
Could fracking lead to an eruption of Yellowstone?

I smell the smoking gun.
But the culprit hides in the shadows. And in the loopholes.

If I can offer you any solice, it would be to assure you there would be obvious signs there's trouble brewing at Yellowstone. We out here have our ears to the ground and if there's something going on I can guarantee one of us chiming on the bell.

You also asked if there's anything we can do. Well, we're doing it. I'm doing it. You can help just by sending my thread on Arkansas to people and get them aware and sharing it. I thought that's what this 'puter thingy supposed to do. Make things viral. I think I have a good idea. And I want to share that idea because it's important.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

Robin, I am Kaa. Look into my eyes. Calm, peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I saw the movie in the theatre when I was a small boy. So it's nostaglic as well as funny.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A little while ago i was in a small thread about Yellowstone erupting and i told them there that i would contact my cousin who lives in Jackson right outside of Yellowstone and see if there is anything unusual going in there.He has lived there for most of his life so i face-booked him and he replied that nothing that could be considered unusual has been happening. No alarming earthquakes or government activity in or around the park. He said he is keeping his eye on her just in case and he will let me know if anything changes. So far no serious worries!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Errata for UUSS False Alarms of Feb. 11 & 12, 2011
Over the course of approximately two days, February 11 and 12, 2011, the automatic seismic processing software of the University of Utah Seismograph Stations (UUSS) reported a large number of earthquakes occurring across the Yellowstone region. The overwhelming majority of these reports were false alarms, caused by malfunctioning telemetry equipment. This includes the report of an M 4.6 earthquake on Friday, February 11 with an origin time of 7:36 pm (MST). The automated report of this event was broadcast at approximately 7:40 pm (MST), and within four minutes, at 7:43 pm (MST), a seismic analyst had reviewed the report, determined it was a false alarm, and sent delete requests to the UUSS and USGS/NEIC web pages.

Although the automatic seismic processing system used by UUSS is enormously useful, it is not sophisticated enough to produce robust, definitive results without human oversight. Earthquake reports posted to UUSS and USGS web pages should be viewed cautiously if they are labeled as automatic reports, i.e. not labeled as having been reviewed by a seismologist. UUSS technical personnel are currently working to address the Yellowstone telemetry problem, but more false alarms are possible until the problem is fixed.

See additional information on the Volcano Hazards Program-Yellowstone Observatory website.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Austria

Hee! We got them rattled it would seem. That and the huge number of stupid You Tube videos about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
There's a little action LKWY.
Probably nothing.
A phantom quake came and went.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I posted this in the thread on Arkansas and wanted to share this here.

To the OP - Thank you for this thread. I'm near Yellowstone, and for the past two weeks, my family and I have been riding out quakes ranging from 3.0 - 4.5 - 5.0. The interesting thing is, most of them (in the past two weeks) have been occurring in the late evening to early morning hours. Another interesting thing to note is, they have started to remove information initially recorded, and now, they are not reporting some quakes at all. For awhile I thought I was losing my mind, and starting to wonder if it was really happening.

For example:
Last week on wed, I was sitting at the computer and right around 1 am I experienced an intense jolt. Shortly after it felt as if someone was rocking my house gently side to side. My mother in law phoned and asked if I felt that. The husband got up and checked and sure enough, a 5 happened. I went back later to screen capture it, and the information had been removed.

Earlier this evening while watching the tube, we felt as if someone came up behind us and jumped real hard in our living room. Got up to check and nothing was recorded, and as of now, nothing recorded.

We are experiencing these off and on in intensity and frequency and they don't want anyone to know about it.

A couple weeks ago when Kaku went on the morning news to talk about Yellowstone, my family started asking us to move out. Where will I go? I've lived on the coastal area and dealt with quakes. Lived in the midwest and dealt with floods and tornadoes. Lived in the south and dealt with hurricanes. Where can one go really, to get away from any of it. I figure when it's my time it's my time. I've had a good run.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Thank you and welcome!!

Be prepared to be bombarded with questions. This whole phantom quake business has been the hot topic here lately. If you and others can give personal accounts, that would be huge.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

They did the same thing last year during the big flurry at Yellowstone - Actually they would show for a minute and then were deleted. Weeks before the flurry there were some rather large ones - but each time I went back to check on them - they had been removed. You are saying that they aren't even being recorded and you are feeling them.
Really weird. I suspected there was drilling last year.
yellowstone drilling
Just saying.
Although I am aware that there are quakes here - I don't trust the greedies. .

top topics

<< 660  661  662    664  665  666 >>

join