It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 647
<< 644  645  646    648  649  650 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Odyssian

Yes those are quakes! They have a very unique signature, so once you know what they look like it's easy to spot them.

1.9 2011/01/27 08:24:34 44.270N 109.813W 4.9 66 km (41 mi) WSW of Cody, WY
2.0 2011/01/27 00:46:44 44.812N 111.358W 12.8 26 km (16 mi) NW of West Yellowstone, MT
2.0 2011/01/26 20:46:07 44.758N 111.124W 7.4 11 km ( 7 mi) N of West Yellowstone, MT
1.9 2011/01/26 17:29:16 44.743N 111.110W 2.0 9 km ( 6 mi) N of West Yellowstone, MT
2.4 2011/01/25 21:51:03 44.749N 111.111W 6.3 10 km ( 6 mi) N of West Yellowstone, MT
1.3 2011/01/24 06:40:00 44.629N 110.658W 5.1 36 km (22 mi) E of West Yellowstone, MT
0.3 2011/01/24 05:05:32 44.247N 110.271W 0.4 80 km (50 mi) NE of Alta, WY
1.3 2011/01/23 08:57:17 44.321N 110.554W 5.4 58 km (36 mi) SE of West Yellowstone, MT

Here is the LINK to the site that lists the quakes in and near the park.

Decent quakes for yellowstone. Hope this isn't the start of another swarm!!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Ah I understand now, thank you for the reply!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
amfix.blogs.cnn.com...

Dr. Michio Kaku on CNN this morning said Yellowstone is overdue to go boom, and it will be very, very bad.
not something to look forward to
interesting to see this on a 'mainstream' medium

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Do quakes happen often at Yellowstone? How concerning are these quakes?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
It's wierd thinking that people are starting to believe that I may have some real answers.

I won't fill this post with all my ideas relating to Yellowstone and the events of January 2010. I'll provide the pages where the discussion starts. First I'll link to the page with my prediction and explaination.

If you have an more specific thoughts or questions, post them to this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's the page where I make my prediction.

Fifth post down on December 28, 2009

Here's the pages where people are waking up to the fact that they were on the verge of a major swarm. I was aready convince on the 15th that a pattern had developed and I was sure it was going to be a large swarm and I was very sure of my convictions. I boasted because I was right.

Made the YVO make a correction when I agrued with them about the start. The start which was just as the eclipes' shadow passed over the earth.

The general public noticed the swarm on the 17th and the quiet Yellowstone thread erupted again.

If you want to know what we were all thinking during this time period, it's all documented in the pages that follow.

I thank you all for the support and praise. It will go to my head so be careful. I want you to visit my crazy corner and post articles if nothing else. Like town hall meetings where people are concerned about fracking. Join organizations against the practices. Spread my research and thoughts and I will tell everyone who wants to hear what I've found. And yes I'm always out ahead of the story. I'm a news hound and I sniff at every story and see where the trail takes me.

There is a great danger in what I found. A danger to us all. Even if you're not beside a drilling rig. I've been out in front of the climate debate for the last 25 years. Changed my life because of what I found. I've even experimented by moving to the cold in the north way up by the 49th parallell. It's too warm here.

I have seen the future. I am not Nostromdomus. I am not a seer persay. I used the science I learn to complete the equation. Early in my thinking, I bought into the waterworld idea and decided it's best to head for high ground. But in time in between, I've come to realize that when all is said and done, it will not be a water world, there will be an ice-age.

Whenever I come to understanding anything complex. I seem to find a lot of inversely-proportionate relationships. This means when you think you've got it figured out, you don't, you can only understand the whole by standing on your head and look at it from a different perspective.

I've said this time and time again out here, there is nothing in isolation. You cannot understand something if you're only staring at a single tree. Step back, step on high, and the spin around trying to absorb the panorama. Then dig in the dirt, follow the water, and watch the life as it clings to any crack it can hold on to. That's all there is.

Sorry, no ability today to stay on course. At the moment I am spinning on high looking round and round and getting dizzy.

Yellowstone is saying hello after a quiet spell. Good morning you big massive cauldron of molten earth. Good morning, you explosive waters travelling in the wrong direction. Good morning animals and tourists, wandering about without ever really knowing the thing that you walk upon.

Good morning world, " I'm still kicking against the pricks."

edit on 27-1-2011 by Robin Marks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ashleys27

Don't worry about the quakes that pop up here.

If I start freaking out and dancing then maybe it's serious.

I didn't freak out about the Lake Swarm in 2009.

But I had very little worries about the January 2010.

If you are worried, check here and if we're all just noting them and not stressed about them, there's a good chance they are normal and Yellowstone has lots and lots of quakes. In fact, at this point in time the uplift has stalled and maybe subsiding. This means there is less pressure in the chamber. Less pressure means that it is a lower risk of eruption. Anything can happen. But it a good sign when the grounds not bulging skyward under great pressure as it had since 2006. The period from 2006 until the two swarms was in a higher risk situation.

At the moment, it seems like Yellowstone is sleeping and only occasionally rolls around in her sleep.

Now that I've said that. Days to note on your calender to watch quakes. March 4th until the March 19th.

Escpecially March 19th. So watch around the new moon on March 6th. And when you watch the moon on the 19th is should be spectacular. The moon will be incrediably close to the earth.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

Did not know who to reply to here so you drew the short straw!

The signature on the seismo - YNP - on the 25th Jan 2011 is NOT - I repeat NOT Harmonic Tremor.

I got Vase back a short while ago and here are a couple of sound files. This is definitely interference. These are 20 x speed.

What is very curious is the very hollow effect it has imparted to the earthquake sound.

First file raw and untouched by puterman's hand.

Second file Low pass filtered for 6 Hz to remove high pitched noise. Signal not so apparent. HT is even lower than that so....not HT and does not sound anything like HT.

edit on 27/1/2011 by PuterMan because: Edit to change YMP to YNP OK box. Do I have to display all my errors to you. Must I bare my soul and admit my transgressions for every single little sin?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

SO despite the interest in the press you guys are saying that whats happening at the moment is nothing to be particularly worried about?

I have been away from this thread, and this site, for a while. (ATS break) but when I saw Kaku on the news this morning talking about Yellowstone, this thread is the first place I thought to come to get the latest and the greatest. It doesnt sound like you guys think this is anything special?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yellowstone is relaxed. Least for the moment. And she should be. Relaxing. She just had two big contractions. 2008/09 and 2010. That's a lotta pushing for a big mama. Where was the world when the lake was about to explode and why wasn't there real concern. I was freaking. But that's me.

You can check the aritcles on the other pages that show that there is slight subsidence in areas. A portion of the injection that began in 2004 and led to the accelerated uplift has release it's pressure. They'll be a swarm or two, but nothing unusal.

Now Yellowstone is gone giving birth or having contrations. The key is if there is any future injections of new magma. And then you watch the uplift.

Here's my nightmare scenario. And don't worry it's a ways off. In a year or two, another injection follows with a similiar or greater injection. Then we see major uplift as we have just experience over the last 7 years. The problem I have is that there is uplift in 2017, we may see another event just like we had under the lake. And let's be honest, could have been a major eruption if it had burst through another dyke or two.

If there is uplift in 2017, we could have an eruption. Mama's having contractions. Mama will give birth one day.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
While I highly doubt Yellowstone will be doing anything soon, the truth is nobody knows. Nobody on here knows for sure.

We haven't seen it go off before so we don't really know what it will do before it blows. It could just go boom or it could slowly do little swarms for a very long time and then go boom. We just don't know, we can only guess. The educated guesses are just based off what we know about other eruptions.

People thought they knew what st helens would do also.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
When it does decide to go BOOM, here's the estimated radius

No doubt that the ash will carry much farther than that, and to other parts of the world.

edit on 28-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Robin Marks

How can there be uplift in 2017?

Really Robin don't you read anything? We are all going to be wiped out in 2012, um or is it 2011?

Seriously however, you throw in a date like that but no explanation - and I know you probably said it before on some post that is now shrouded in the mists of time. So 2017? What gives?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Hate to tell you but actually that is the area affected in previous eruptions, not the estimated coverage of a future eruption. There are three on that map and any future could be larger or smaller than all three.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

My bad, stupid of me haha. Thanks for the heads up. Pretty scary stuff

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Mike that was an very old post of my...
and seeing it again ... number 45 ....never thought of it then .. but...

.www.nostradamusquatrains.com...

has to be related....

yellowstone exact at the 45 parralel........

edit on 28-1-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
nice little rattling at around 00:04:40 today.
Interesting that most stations picked the vibration all around the park, except for a few of them witch seemed to be closer to the epicenter?
Look at YMR and YFT, they show a pretty big spike and than YLT witch is close to the two shows absolutely nothing.
I also checked the recent quakes list here but I see no new activity uploaded since the 27.01 ones.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I have relations living in Washington State - not sure how far that is from Yellowstone. But in any event they do have more local volcanic activity apparently.

They have been told by the authorities to stock up with supplies of food and water to last them at least 72 hours. I think if I was told that from the government agencies I'd be stocking up with supplies for several weeks or even months. A bit like when the "powers that be" tell us not to panic about something or other, usually better and safer to prepare for the worst. Not sure anyone of us will last for long if Yellowstone blew its top though.

Anyone got any tips for survival in this kind of scenario?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeonflux
I have relations living in Washington State - not sure how far that is from Yellowstone. But in any event they do have more local volcanic activity apparently.

They have been told by the authorities to stock up with supplies of food and water to last them at least 72 hours. I think if I was told that from the government agencies I'd be stocking up with supplies for several weeks or even months. A bit like when the "powers that be" tell us not to panic about something or other, usually better and safer to prepare for the worst. Not sure anyone of us will last for long if Yellowstone blew its top though.

Anyone got any tips for survival in this kind of scenario?

Could you please elaborate on these "Authorities" and them informing your relatives to stock up with supplies? This is the first I've heard of any such thing, and I'm scouring the news daily. Who are these "Authorities"?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeonflux

Very interesting. I too would like to know who it is that 'told' them this.

I suspect that it is just a typical emergency preparedness document or adivsement of some sort that they saw.

I have been to several seminars on disaster scenarios through my volunteer activities and also work. I know that FEMA and local DEM (department of emergency management) always recomend as a standard, that you have a 72 hour emergency supply of food/water/medication on hand. This is due to that infrastructure would likley be down for at least that amount of time in a natural disaster scenario.

There HAS been more awareness here (PNW) lately, but I think it is the same everywhere. FEMA (and local government due to federal grant money) have stepped up awareness ever since the Hurricane disaster relief went terribly wrong in the south. It brought to light how ill-prepared we ALL are.

Just like I said on my other thread...yesterday I spent a good portion of my time putting together a bug-out bag for my family of 4 and stocked my fifth wheel for two weeks of food/emergency supplies. This is something I should have already had done long ago, and shouldn't need nearby activity to motivate me.

Being prepared is not the same as being paranoid or panicked. It is just being smart!!
edit on 29-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We're always told to have 72 hours of emergency supplies. That's actually disaster preparedness advice everywhere but on the West Coast it gets a bit more attention because of our potential for earthquakes, volcanoes etc. This winter's weather and recent flooding events should remind people everywhere that this is just good advice wherever you live.

top topics

<< 644  645  646    648  649  650 >>

join