It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 616
<< 613  614  615    617  618  619 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I think those quakes are going to turn out to be pretty small. Mebbe .8, mebbe 1.x. PB 208 has been really busy lately, too. Thing is, although there's lots of low level activity at lots of stations around the park the times don't really seem to match up.

I'm still thinking it's human activity of some kind, maybe road construction since that would be more likely to be picked up by the bore hole stations.

Maybe puterman will have time to "listen" to it soon and let us know what he thinks.

I wish YVO wouldn't take so long to add the smaller quakes to the map. Makes it harder to get the big picture when all the squares are always yellow.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't normally pimp my threads here, but you Yellowstone subscribers really might be interested in the situation at Long Valley:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am seeking opinions on some activity today, looks to be a pretty vigorous swarm going on and there's some weirdness.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
sooo anyway, would someone help me better understand this question i am about to ask, on the yellowstone thumbs of the webicorders throughout the park u can see the quake, i have seen far away earthquakes show up the sig on the maps but this looks diff for sum reason, anyone else agree??

hmmm sorry seen a 6.5 down in s america

www.isthisthingon.org...

[edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Look the Moose-Creek Seismograph:

www.isthisthingon.org...

whats going on there???

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
When you see it jump and skip lines like that, it's a pretty classic technical glitch. Kind of like a calibration pulse on repeat. Unless you see any sign of it anywhere else, that's all it is.

3.0 in Utah today.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
In Yellowstones lull, i just wanted to post an interesting article i found here on Supervolcanos on the ocean floor. The site has other pertinent articles to Yellowstone also....much good reading on there. I hope you all enjoy...should have more pictures of Yellowstones back country to share with you all next month...im going where most dont in the park, swarm location is on the agenda!!!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have been looking at B207 and was interested in finding out what the prolonged series was starting at 09:35 approx B207.PB..EHZ.2010.150

I looked at B944 and weird or what at 'Grant Lake' B944.PB..EHZ.2010.150

My 09:35 event is not showing but there is all sorts at 20:00 and these do not show on B207. I can't see anything obvious for the 20:00 events either.

I tried J23A J23A.TA..BHE.2010.150 and this shows the 20:00 event about 1 minute+ later so I assume it was a local event to B944, but what sort of signature is that? It looks like a distant quake signature but I don't think it can be. Later just before 20:49 there is a cracker which looks local.

Not showing on LKWY BHZ or LHZ LKWY.US.00.BHZ.2010.150

They don't show on these either. YTP.WY..EHZ.2010.150

Any ideas anyone?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
quake.utah.edu...

whats going on there??????

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Puterman: Thunderstorms today, seems likely for that big cracker at least. Rolling thunder for some of the others?

Austria: another technical glitch. Something that big and that long would show up all over the park. There's a similar freak out on the LKWY station but shorter. Maybe electrical weirdness associated with the weather.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Ah! Now that is something that never occurred to me. Thunderstorms, mmm.

I wonder is there any info out there somewhere as to the effect of lightening on seismo recordings? Please link if any has any, but I shall toddle off an have a look myself.

Thanks for that!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Monthly update at YS.

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO OBSERVATORY MONTHLY UPDATE
Tuesday, June 1, 2010 11:40 AM MDT (Tuesday, June 1, 2010 17:40 UTC)

YELLOWSTONE VOLCANO (CAVW #1205-01-)
44°25'48" N 110°40'12" W, Summit Elevation 9203 ft (2805 m)
Current Volcano Alert Level: NORMAL
Current Aviation Color Code: GREEN

During the month of May 2010, 118 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone region. The largest event was a magnitude 2.5 on May 11th at 9:31 AM MDT, located about 11 miles west of Fishing Bridge, YNP. No earthquake swarms were recorded during May and seismicity continues at background levels.

Ground Deformation Summary: Continuous GPS data show that uplift of the Yellowstone Caldera has slowed significantly and have have stopped in some areas. The WLWY station, located in the northeastern part of the caldera, underwent a total of ~23 cm of uplift between mid-2004 and mid-2009. Its record can be found at:
pboweb.unavco.org...

The general uplift and subsidence of the Yellowstone caldera is of scientific importance and will continue to be monitored closely by YVO staff.

An article on the recent uplift episode at Yellowstone and discussion of long-term ground deformation at Yellowstone and elsewhere can be found at: volcanoes.usgs.gov...

---
The Yellowstone Volcano Observatory (YVO) is a partnership of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), Yellowstone National Park, and University of Utah to strengthen the long-term monitoring of volcanic and earthquake unrest in the Yellowstone National Park region. Yellowstone is the site of the largest and most diverse collection of natural thermal features in the world and the first National Park. YVO is one of the five USGS Volcano Observatories that monitor volcanoes within the United States for science and public safety.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
Jacob Lowenstern, USGS
Scientist-in-Charge, Yellowstone Volcano Observatory

[edit on 1/6/10 by alysha.angel]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
What happened to the 3.3 earthquake? It's gone. oO

3.3 2010/06/01 19:37:06 44.876 -110.489 16.4 YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, WYOMING

!!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Austria]

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Austria]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They now have a new Web Cam that is portable and updates a picture hourly. It's a good start :-)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Maybe the CEO of BP can shove some golf balls down there to fix the quakes. Oh, and don't forget the golf cart. OK, BP. This happens all the time at yellowstone, not to be alarmed. What volcano reacently blew up and killed 230000 people. Someone find the link.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Austria

Sorry I did not know about this thread but I also have a database that downloads the data and the 3.3 is not there but if you look at www.abovetopsecret.com...
there are some other sources seeing it.

Crash

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by crashbehr

My database records the deletions and revisions and this quake is in the deletions.

You would need to pull a seismo for the time to see why it was deleted since they don't give a reason for that.

Bear in mind that from my records Yellowstone has the highest percentage of deletions of any area in the world. I don't know the reason for that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Why was the YMR webicorder, the one that has been one gauge of activity, been offline for so long, and secondly, the second I decided to say something about it, it started recording again? Here's a link. It just started recording again, and you will notice previous days are missing, most likely. www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
don't worry.

what ever happens, don't worry.

It's your fear that feeds them...

;-)

...on your question, your answer is, no, you will be just fine :-)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
They now have a new Web Cam that is portable and updates a picture hourly. It's a good start :-)

Good find. I note that it only updates hourly and switches off at night.

Strange thing is that the domain of the image is Christmas Island. (peter.ath.cx) They also provide a larger, sorry high res, version of the picture at this location

I shall be adding this to the cams in Quake Data.

Further to my post above, I have looked at the siesmos and find as follows.

Nothing at B944 B944.PB..EHZ.2010.152

There was nothing at the LKWY recorder LKWY.US.00.BHZ.2010.152

At YTP there is a strange pulse occuring at 19:31, 19:34 and 1937 (All to closest minute) YTP.WY..EHZ.2010.152 It starts at 19:29

I have looked at various other plots and can find nothing. This means it was possibly a spurious event that was not real 'on the ground' so to speak - a generated signal in the comms. The entry states 8 stations reported it.

ROSE is still showing it but has insufficient data to be able to get the reporting stations. It is not on EMSC.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
www.isthisthingon.org...

look at the blue line in the end. is that a volcanic tremor???

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Austria]

top topics

<< 613  614  615    617  618  619 >>

join