It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 607
<< 604  605  606    608  609  610 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
So is anyone else watching GEE right now? I have my regulars pulled up: 207, 205, H17, 944 and they are lookin wierd. It is so cool to see the waves coming in.

I have one question though. The original quake was easy to see and the subsequent waves. It seemed to have settled down and now there are some very sharp V lines getting bigger. Is this the second wave or something new?

S-waves that big will make many passes around the earth. So the entire earth is still shaking from that massive quake. And there was one aftershock so far, a 5.1:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

What gets me though is how, through all that mess, they are able to see the additional quakes they have posted in Baja. I can't see them in GEE except for little dark areas within the huge s-waves.

But yeah, it does seem like to few aftershocks- and you may be onto something. That could actually be a foreshock. If you look at the map of the 7.7 (it was reduced), you will see that in the last week there were two smaller quakes real close. Those we now know were foreshocks to this big one. Let's just hope it ends there.

Also, TA.H17A at the lake is showing 150 microns now steady. Even more stress at Yellowstone.

[edit on Tue Apr 6th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks for the info, I figured it was just prolonged waves, but it's so pronounced! This is why I just shake my head when 'scientists' say that the quakes are unrelated or that they have no affect on Yellowstone. BS.

I am hoping to see more aftershocks listed soon ( in the 6.0 range), before I am convinced that was the 'big' one for now. I also noticed the fore shocks...they tend to stand out among all the hundreds in Baja!

I'm thinking more and more too that these solar winds must be having an affect. Having said that, it's now more concerning, because we are suposed to be getting more of it today and tomorrow, so things may not be done. It doesn't feel like it, does it? Like the climax has not quite been reached.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

I joined ATS because of this thread too and am often checking in on it. I don't have a scientific mind or background so I remain mostly just a reader but this is the best thread, with the most integrity and peer oversight, and with the best regular posters and contributors on all of ATS, IMO.

There are a few who are no longer posting who I really miss but I'm glad people are working out their differences here and learning to get along. It isn't easy anywhere in life but I see some real good effort here at respect and cooperation.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Thank you for the kind words. They're needed. It's been hard. Real hard. But things change.

Puterman made me my own thread to rant. There I can go off when I want and not worry. And that should filter my ideas and I've be more focused out here. (all applaud, and scold Puterman for not doing it sooner)

So I invite you all to have a read and make your own map. It's fun. PennyQ from Austrailia was the first.

The circles on my map are a mystery. Maybe you can help solve it.

See it's all of your best interest. The more people go over to the thread Puterman made me, the more stars you can give me and the more people promote the thread, which in turn will occupy more of my time, which in turn will cause me to post less on this thread. Think about it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=8511536#pid8511536

I was sure we were due for another 3.0. It's way overdue now. Like my library book.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

The 2.9 shows up huge on these recorders

B207.PB..EHZ.2010.096

B205.PB..EHZ.2010.096

Medium on this one

B944.PB..EHZ.2010.096

But very small on this one

H17A.TA..BHZ.2010.096

Which channels are you using in GEE on these?

[edit on 6/4/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I've just found the guy on youtube about the connection of the sun and the quakes.

Astrotometry also has a dot com.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Wow no doubt if that blows then the world is goin down the Sh*t drain..

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

You might have misunderstood what I was saying. I keep all working stations up in GEE in the park. EHZ's for the PB and WY networks, and BHZ's up for the two TA stations as well as the IW network watching Teton.

I was just saying that during the latter part of the S-waves coming in from the 7.7 in Sumatra, which did show up on the EHZ's to a degree, I was having a hard time seeing other quakes in Baja. Because I have a bunch of stations up there too, watching the aftershocks from the big one there.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Monring all

That 7.7 quake in Sumatra is bloody close to Toba.
Pity Toba is not monitored the same was as YS, would be nice to see and have some data on the impact of this kind of quake on a hidden caldera.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nidwin
Monring all

Pity Toba is not monitored the same was as YS, would be nice to see and have some data on the impact of this kind of quake on a hidden caldera.

thats because its not as closely monitored like YS , but if it was what would be really ironic is if both Toba and YS go off at the same time .

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
]Hi gang,

Actually there's monitors all over Indonesia just not english ones, they either belong to indonesia or gemany from what I can see.

Check out this site, it's not in english but there's a map of the stations.

Link

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by PennyQ

makes GEE station easier to navigate

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Anyone watched the webcam of Old Faithful today? All the venting can't see the mountains anymore. Maybe when the wind picks up it will clear up some. Also I hope the dark steam coming out of old faithful turns back to white again. Dark can't be good.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by alexgia]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nidwin
Monring all

Toba seemed to be monitord by janapanes institute...havend find our where and wat...

there was recently a EQ at the feet of toba...

Magnitude 4.8 - NORTHERN SUMATRA, INDONESIA
2010 April 03 14:50:01 UTC
still visible at google earth... with the USGS plugin

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
USGS has now updated their 2010 Yellowstone quake swarm summary to reflect recent activity.

Not too much different from before, but it acknowledges this week's activity and states that for now it's considered to be a continuation of the January/February swarm.

volcanoes.usgs.gov...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

They are getting much better at reporting! I like the fact that they gave an ariel view of the area in question.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
reply to post by quakewatcher

They are getting much better at reporting! I like the fact that they gave an ariel view of the area in question.

me too , tho i wish it was closer to the ground but then again im just being picky

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What's going on at Yellowstone?

At the moment, there are quite a few bison on the webcam. They are fun to watch, especially if you aren't very familiar with them.

Check it out:

www.nps.gov...

A lot of snow melt in the Old Faithful area today, I think they like the grass.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
well it seems they granted us station YMR again...:-)
and baja EQ's eases douwn...

prepare for moore EQ's..

GEOSTORMS, CONTINUED: High-latitude sky watchers should remain alert for auroras. NOAA forecasters estimate a 45% chance of geomagnetic activity and a 10% chance of severe geomagnetic storms during the next 24 hours. The source of this activity is a fast and gusty solar wind stream that has been blowing around Earth for two days. [UPDATED: gallery].

www.spaceweather.com...

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ressiv]

[edit on 7-4-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Something we don't want to see at Yellowstone - or do we?

<< 604  605  606    608  609  610 >>

join