It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 593
<< 590  591  592    594  595  596 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Solar Wind and a CME are predicted for 17th and 18th. Some things I have read show an increase in Earthquakes when ones this strong happen. Guess we will see.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexgia [/ i]
Solar Wind und CME sind für 17. und 18. vorausgesagt. Einige Dinge habe ich gelesen zeigen einen Anstieg der Erdbeben bei denen diese starke passieren. Denke, wir werden sehen. [/ quote]

Link? ;D

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Austria

Hi Austria, I have also heard that as well on one of the science sites. Actually it is supposed to be a double whammy. I will try and find some details for you.

-L2=HX/365+2*PI (That will have to do for line 2)

OK Godlike Productions NOT a site I would recommend but at least it does confirm that the knowledge is out there.

OK this is more like what I was looking for. This does explain also that there is a solar wind and a CME due at the same time, hence the double whammy I mentioned.

Darn it, just spotted the ;D beside Link? My apologies Austria.

[edit on 17/3/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by puterman [/ i]
Antwort auf [url = www.abovetopsecret.com... # pid8349652] Beitrag von Österreich [/ url] [/ i]
[mehr]

Hallo Österreich, habe ich auch, dass auch auf einer der Seiten der Wissenschaft gehört. Eigentlich ist es soll ein Double Whammy. Ich werde versuchen, finden Sie einige Details für Sie.

-L2 = HX/365 2 * PI (das für die Linie 2 do) haben wird: lol:: lol: [/ quote]

Thank you. Do you believe that solar activity affects the earthquakes?
I rather think that the moon has more influence.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Austria

I believe that this is a definite possibility. We need to keep a very close watch on Yellowstone to see if any discernible trend can be found during this two day period.

If we can see some effect then I think the effects need further investigation.

Re the moon, yes I have to agree that I do think the moon has an effect.

Edit: Yay! Northern Lights for St Patricks day!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Antwort auf [url = www.abovetopsecret.com... # pid8349749] Beitrag von Österreich [/ url] [/ i]
[mehr]
 Ich glaube, dass dies ein durchaus möglich ist. Wir müssen sehr genau beobachten Yellowstone um zu sehen, wenn jede erkennbare Trend in diesen zwei Tagen gefunden werden kann.

Wenn wir eine gewisse Wirkung sehen dann denke ich, die Auswirkungen haben, müssen weitere Untersuchungen.

Re Mond, ja, ich habe darin einig, dass ich denke, der Mond hat eine Wirkung.
 [/ quote]

earthquake.usgs.gov...
look at puerto rico..

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Austria

Hi Austria - I think this belongs in QuakeWatch 2010 as we have already started discussing this.

Thanks for the link however.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Antwort auf [url = www.abovetopsecret.com... # pid8349812] Beitrag von Österreich [/ url] [/ i]
[mehr]

Hallo Österreich - ich glaube, das gehört in QuakeWatch 2010 wie wir bereits begonnen haben, diskutieren diese.

Danke für den Link aber. [/ quote]

Ahh, sry

I post it there. Srysrysry =)

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I too watch the web cam at yellowstone each day for a time. My boyfriend HATES THIS... LOL Anyway, if someone else out there has a min. it is 10:04 ET, Old faithful is on the screen but notw there is another vent behind it I do not remember seeing before. Anyone who can look and tell me if they have seen this before... Thank you... It is small and off to right of old faithful.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by alexgia]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexgia
I too watch the web cam at yellowstone each day for a time. My boyfriend HATES THIS... LOL Anyway, if someone else out there has a min. it is 10:04 ET, Old faithful is on the screen but notw there is another vent behind it I do not remember seeing before. Anyone who can look and tell me if they have seen this before... Thank you... It is small and off to right of old faithful.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by alexgia]

have not yet seen ... watch the last 3 years.

mysterious...

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I really do not think I have ever seen this vent before.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexgia
I really do not think I have ever seen this vent before.

LOOK NOW ON THE WEBCAM!!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
That's a lot of venting in the park at one time.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is the information the Park giving with regards to the predictions for Old Faithful.

It appears to me that we have a micro swarm. Any other thoughts on this?
Take a look.

Here

Here

Here and

Here

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Anmarie96]

At 19:22 on 3/16/10, there was a itsy bitsy micro 1.7 quake and This is what it looks likes.

Report for said micro quake.

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Anmarie96]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

OK, what is that at 03:35 approx. It shows on all the recorders, but mainly B208 as that huge spike, but I can't find anything that seems to match it - unless of course the quake was at the bottom of the borehole!!

Same again for 16:04+ on B207.

Anyone know what these were made by?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

I'm not sure, maybe Leprechauns. How does it sound? The post from yesterday definately sounds like a quake.

Oh - Happy St. Patty's Day!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anmarie96

I am listening to it now. Yes it is a quake - and not all that large. I will add to this post when I have finished analysing.

Oh - Happy St. Patty's Day!

Thanks and a happy St Paddy's to you also.

Very interesting stuff this (to me at least)

First here is the big red spike on B208 at 03:25.5 approx (6 secs in file) with the green spike at 03:18+ just before it (2 secs in file).

Listen here (1.3Mb file)

And here is the spectrum of those two bumps.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b3f08d6f3c8.png[/atsimg]

Now the rest of the day on that webicorder is interesting, not because of anything in particular as most of that 'micro swarm' actually is not since it seems to be coming from all over that place. It may even be wind.

Take a listen to these two as an example. First at 1000Hz (2.1 Mb)

Then at 3000Hz (861 Kb)

Note that the first sound is less distinguishable that the second (19 seconds) in the first file. The second is a good bump, the first a low rumble. In the second file the first is better and the second (6 seconds) has become a 'crack'.

This is the trace in Audacity
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/56e988ee603b.png[/atsimg]

And this is it on the webicoder plot.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a080f933d27.png[/atsimg]

What you would take as one quake perhaps is actually two (or more) The first is more distant and the second is local.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
While y'all are working on Yellowstone, the entire West coast of the America's has been buzzing, would ya mind stepping over to the Quake Watch for a minute....

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
off topic..
there was a solar eclipps jan 13 same day EQ in haiti...45 days after haiti...chili...so keep april 13 in mind....

45 days /degrees is astrology...

BTW puerto rico is very buizzy again,,was also the same before haiti quake....

[edit on 17-3-2010 by ressiv]

[edit on 17-3-2010 by ressiv]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
what is going on here??????????!!!!!!!!! www.iris.edu...

new topics

top topics

<< 590  591  592    594  595  596 >>

join