It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 241
<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Please drop the freaking subject and watch the charts Shirakawa has put together....If this keeps up ,by morning that thing will be blowing nonstop.
Great job Shirakawa and please keep it up.

Why in the world would I drop the subject? We are being misinformed and it is our duty here to correct misinformation.

As for that anomaly on the Yellowstone lake seismograph we still don't know what it is. It could be a software glitch resulting in bad reading every so often. Or it could be a geothermal feature. The fact that the strength is so consistent every time makes me doubt a naturally occurring phenomena. In my opinion there would be more randomness to it.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageturkey
reply to post by Ponyboy_86

Could very well be. It's definitely a global event, I think we can all agree on that. The question is, where's it going to unleash first. I'd still be watching the coast in my opinion. We're hearing about Yellowstone finally because there's many less people to panic. Start small, get them aware, break it to them gently...

You just HAD to say that aloud - didn't you?
And just as a 2.6 in So ca. hit.
I'm in agreement. I don't think the Tsunami signs along the coast just popped up because someone had some extra time on their hands.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

I hate being spoon fed pablem!
Just give me the straight shot.

But , I dont live there either.
JDF and my volcanos here are enough headache.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I've been reading this thread since the beginning and I've waited to see something like you just posted about the plates in the Pacific. You have the San Francisco area marked.

This may be a little off topic but I have to say it.
About 3 weeks ago I dreamed that a huge Tsunami hit this area. In my dream this was huge!
I keep a journal and I wrote about this dream in it.
I've had quite a few dreams come true in my life, like the space shuttle Challenger.
I'm hoping so much this doesn't happen but I have a feeling it will.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Sorry if this article has been posted already.... an older article on how distant earthquakes were effecting Yellowstone.

source

A powerful earthquake that rocked Alaska in 2002 not only triggered small earthquakes almost 2,000 miles away at Wyoming's Yellowstone National Park – as was reported at the time – but also changed the timing and behavior of some of Yellowstone's geysers and hot springs, a new study says.

Scientists once believed that an earthquake at one location could not trigger earthquakes at distant sites. That belief was shattered in 1992 when the magnitude-7.3 Landers earthquake in California's Mojave Desert triggered a swarm of quakes more than 800 miles away at Yellowstone, as well as other temblors near Mammoth Lakes, Calif., and Yucca Mountain, Nev. The magnitude-7.5 Hebgen Lake, Mont., quake northwest of Yellowstone – a 1959 disaster that killed 28 people – triggered changes in Yellowstone's geysers and hot springs, something not unexpected for a strong quake nearby.

Guess a big one even relatively close could push it over it's limit in it's current state, but that's just me speculating.

Great thread....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sageturkey

why would a ectonic plate move a certain direction? nibiru? lol

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

I'd be concerned as we are for you too. Yellowstone will follow the Earth's queue and just may erupt from all of this as well, but the threat of bad stuff on the coast has been there for a long time and is waiting to snap.
No one can deny that. This could trigger many things that have been waiting.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

There was a tsunami warning for cali and alaska that was canceled i think it was jan 4 or 5

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What about this:

Could the folks up at Yellowstone be using "shaker trucks" to try to map the various underground features in the area, perhaps to see if things are changing shape?

The signals we're seeing on the various seismographs might well be the signals from such shaker trucks being used.

They're big trucks, and people would probably see them moving around in the area. But it'd be easy enough to get a few of them up there and put them to use like this.

Back in the last oil boom around here, I knew a couple of people who worked on crews doing this kind of mapping. This was more acceptable in certain areas than setting off dynamite. It's also faster to set up and move. In an area like Yellowstone, they'd want to be as environmentally sensitive as possible, so to me, shaker trucks make some sense for mapping things underground.

They'd array their trucks in some kind of a pattern or line. Then they'd set them up with hydraulic pads pushing down onto the earth and raising the truck up slightly.

Then they'd synchronize all of the trucks together to a master sync signal via radio link, and start them all up at once. Inside each truck was a huge mass that was coupled to the pad pressed against the ground by very large and powerful actuators.

The masses would all be moved in unison to create the wavefront that was desired, and the data from this would be recorded by an array of "geophones" that they'd deploy.

At the time, the bottleneck was the computing power required to process and analyze the data from the geophones to create an image of what lies below ground. That was always a big part of the proprietary IP that these companies used.

These days, I'd expect that end of things to be much more sophisticated and the processing to be much faster.

Anyhow, the idea of shaker trucks just comes to mind when I see those patterns that we're calling "secret geysers" on this thread.

It'd explain the very uniform and controlled appearance of the amplitude of the signals we're seeing.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MagicaRose

I have also had those dreams. Mine started many years ago even before I moved to the West Coast - or even encountered any waves - so I have always been a little wary - but I have also had a lot of late. Very uncomfortable. Are you on the coast?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by VX-7R

I actually met a couple "juggies" as they call themselves on a camping trip to Steamboat Springs, CO.

They carried jugs of explosives to set off for that kind of work. Man, can they party!!!

Edit:SP

[edit on 6-1-2009 by sageturkey]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageturkey

I'd be concerned as we are for you too. Yellowstone will follow the Earth's queue and just may erupt from all of this as well, but the threat of bad stuff on the coast has been there for a long time and is waiting to snap.
No one can deny that. This could trigger many things that have been waiting.

I am repeating myself here - sorry - but there were two small ones today located
San Fran Zoo - When I see something like that listed - in that particular area -
I take notice - even though they are small - it's a new nudging - so to speak.

link   
I think some of you are over reacting. Could be this was just a few day swarm of earthquakes that has mostly passed. There hasnt been anything big for 3 or 4 days now. A similar thing happened off the coast of Oregon. There we a swarm of 3.0 - 4.0 earthquakes for a month and then they just disappeared. Also around Reno, NV.. the same thing. This just happens. It doesnt mean its going to blow. Almost all of the time it doesnt. So dont get too stressed over something that probably will turn out to be nothing.

link   

Originally posted by VX-7R
What about this:

Could the folks up at Yellowstone be using "shaker trucks" to try to map the various underground features in the area, perhaps to see if things are changing shape?

The signals we're seeing on the various seismographs might well be the signals from such shaker trucks being used.

They're big trucks, and people would probably see them moving around in the area. But it'd be easy enough to get a few of them up there and put them to use like this.

Back in the last oil boom around here, I knew a couple of people who worked on crews doing this kind of mapping. This was more acceptable in certain areas than setting off dynamite. It's also faster to set up and move. In an area like Yellowstone, they'd want to be as environmentally sensitive as possible, so to me, shaker trucks make some sense for mapping things underground.

They'd array their trucks in some kind of a pattern or line. Then they'd set them up with hydraulic pads pushing down onto the earth and raising the truck up slightly.

Then they'd synchronize all of the trucks together to a master sync signal via radio link, and start them all up at once. Inside each truck was a huge mass that was coupled to the pad pressed against the ground by very large and powerful actuators.

The masses would all be moved in unison to create the wavefront that was desired, and the data from this would be recorded by an array of "geophones" that they'd deploy.

At the time, the bottleneck was the computing power required to process and analyze the data from the geophones to create an image of what lies below ground. That was always a big part of the proprietary IP that these companies used.

These days, I'd expect that end of things to be much more sophisticated and the processing to be much faster.

Anyhow, the idea of shaker trucks just comes to mind when I see those patterns that we're calling "secret geysers" on this thread.

It'd explain the very uniform and controlled appearance of the amplitude of the signals we're seeing.

Thoughts?

Great post. Thanks a million, that's really interesting technology and makes sense. Are you watching any of the seismographs? If so which ones?

Crikey

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I have been following this site for days...thanks for all the great info!!!

Especially interested in the "Top Secret Geyser". I found something interesting on the USGS web site. It looks to me like the LKWYseismograph readings are really a signature of a debris flow.

Here is the link where I found this information: Debris Flow

There is a graph showing the same markings as the Top Secret Geyser.

Take a look...what do you think?

Wondering

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Only if I had my head in the sand would I think that. Not with all of the evidence we have. But if I did that, you'd have to call me sageostrich!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VX-7R

My folks used to work for ARAMCO in Saudi Arabia and I think I remember them saying a use of trucks like that too.
Plausible.
But I would like to see some photo doc or something of them being at Y.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

ok, crazy theory probably not possible, but since the plate seems to move left(because it seems to move the eurasian plate and create those earthquakes near italy) what if the pressure in yellowstone is so high that its moving the pacific plate to the left? i know that would be nuts

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

No, but I live on the Gulf coast of Florida.
Once in a while, a great while, we have minor earthquakes in the Gulf but if I remember correctly it measured 4 something.
When it happenedI didn't feel it but that day for some reason I was looking at my dogs water dish and the water was shaking and we have cement floors. Later on I found out its was a eq.

When one happens on my coast then I'll get very worried.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Re: the shaker truck theory

Seems unlikely they'd have been out doing this all night last night. Also, the area is really only accessible by snowmobile this time of year, I thought?

I don't disagree that the signal seem(ed) too regular, I was wondering about some kind of sounding going on to test the lake bottom.

But now it seems as though it's becoming a bit more disordered.

top topics

<< 238  239  240    242  243  244 >>

join