It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 239
<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I TOTALLY agree with you! This "Ooh Aah"er can definitely wait and I, in no way, want to interfere with the folks that really do need the data. However, I don't want the data to be sensored in any way! I'd rather know what I'm facing than not!

Great day to all my fellow ATS'ers!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks everyone that's updated me

Will keep up to date with this now

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I'm afraid I just have to disagree on the sensors/servers issue.

The public "ooh ahh" servers, as you put it, receive the information from the sensors, one time, when it is generated. Then all of the load on those servers is directly on the servers, has absolutely nothing to do with the sensors.

This should be an automated system that puts an image up on the servers about once every ten minutes, we're not directly accessing anything, thus nothing should be overwhelmed. (Except maybe the public server, in which case you'd get a browser error, not missing lines in the image.)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by orgyofthedead

I missed the story on Fox Radio Network this morning, but apparently there was a story on this, with a scientist to back up whatever was said. I'm thinking you may be correct about the FEMA/Homeland being involved now due to FOX now airing the story (the way they want it heard)

Did they actual air the story on their radio network? I was watching their cable news network and it was teased several times, but still hasn't been aired.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by BOTOH]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I was searching Fox for YS related stories and came across this.....

ArmageddonChurch

I bet those guys are going.............duhhhhh

I didn't think of that one..

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does anyone know if any of the ice at the lake has melted? It seems that the lake should be getting pretty hot, at least hot enough to melt a hole in the ice above the secret geyser.

BTW Hi- good to be here from page 1- yeah no kidding- every page! Thanks for ruining my holiday!!
I have naugabutt!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
RSOE is classifing volcanic activity in Indonesia as a Biological Event. Evidently all the shaking over there has led to a Fish Kill and potential volcanic activity.

Sulphur poisoning from volcanic activity is believed to be responsible for the deaths of some 7,000 tons of fish found in West Sumatra’s scenic Maninjau Lake in the past two days, a provincial official said on Tuesday. Kurniawan Syah Putra, chief of the Tanjung Pura subdistrict that encompasses the lake, said that authorities and locals began gathering up floating dead fish on Monday. “It reached 1,588 tons of fish on Monday, but today may be the peak, as we predict the [cumulative] total could reach up to 7,000 tons,” Kurniawan said. The 99.5-square-kilometer Maninjau is a volcanic crater lake in Agam district. The lake, which has a depth of close to 500 meters, is known for its mountain-rimmed panorama and has become one of West Sumatra’s famous tourist destinations. Kurniawan said dead fish had been spotted in the lake since Dec. 24, but authorities were not able to immediately confirm that volcanic activity was behind the mass deaths. He said that some 15,000 fish farms in eight villages on the rim of the lake were affected by what was believed to be contaminated water. He said local residents were looking at about Rp 112 billion ($8.6 million) in losses, based on the assumption of a selling price of Rp 16,000 per kilogram of fish. “It is a very great loss for the fishermen; some of them have lost about Rp 1 billion because of this,” Kurniawan said, adding that all the fish were lost in three of the eight affected villages. Yosmeri, who heads the West Sumatra Maritime Affairs and Fisheries Agency, said the mass deaths were caused by an upwelling, with sulphur-rich colder water from the bottom rising to the surface due to a drastic weather change. He said the fish perished from sulphur poisoning and that his office also detected a small amount of ammonia, “which is not supposed to exist under normal conditions.” Yosmeri said steps were taken to prevent further losses, including moving the remaining fish from the farms to uncontaminated fishponds. However, he said the fish killed by sulphur poisoning were still safe for human consumption. “We instructed fishermen to sell the dead fish, of course at a lower price, Rp 3,000 per kilogram,” or smoke them, he said. "We will also recommend the power plant company open the water gate to flush out the contaminated water and prevent more contamination,” he said, explaining that opening the gate would drain the surface water. He said a similar incident occurred in the lake in 1997 but the damage had been much less severe, with losses amounting to less than Rp 10 billion.

Would the activity at YS have stirred up so much pressure in Indonesia, that the activity there is actually releiving the pressure here?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
OK, I haven't followed Fox science shows. Sorry! I don't watch television either. Please consider though that the National Parks and National Forest service have b een dramatically defunded and privatized under GWB. If you know any forest rangers ask them what has been going on. U have.

I have learned a heck of a lot here! You guys have been great but there are too many pages to keep up with. Thank you, everyone who has contributed the good science and links. I can't keep up.

a few links we've been using when I was here before for the with the pos. Please keep posting the most pertinent regularly guys.

FWIW

hisz.rsoe.hu... does not seem to update US EQs/data as often if at all. Good map of world events though .

usarray.seis.sc.edu... is this one still working OK?

www.yellowstone-natl-park.com... these don't seem reliable. Are any of them more consistent or believeable than others?

www.quake.utah.edu... it's been interesting and strange

www.ubuntu.com... ....always consider more than one operating system and browser.

Stay focused. Stay happy. I'm hoping for a beautiful new geyser! Life is good.

big list of links on every page.

I know I'm new here but please like to encourage everyone to stay on topic.and

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Ok ,Please Enough, I agree with BOTOH

We do not, none of us know, what kind or how old or how many 'Equipment'(s)
THEY have. We know what they should have.
We know that they 'should' be able to read their equipment.
We have to hope they do untill one of them gets their glutimus maximus on this thread
and says what they have and are doing.
WE are all doing the best we can with what we can find.
This poor horse is beaten to death.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I noticed a 4+ earthquake that occurred early am. Tues. Jan. 6th in southern Montana on the USGS site. Today the 4+ earthquake is gone from the site. What is going on. How can we trust the USGS with anything now?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WhedonFan

WOW!

That is just bad.............
That is another Super V.......
Maybe the whole world is going a little crazier than what is normal in the last week and a half.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WhedonFan

Can we get a link for that story?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
"Down in the park
Where the chant is death, death, death
Until the sun cries morning
Down in the park with friends of mine" - Gary Numan

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

I'm sorry I'm still learning how to post links here, I'll do my best..

RSOE

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenandFive
reply to post by RFBurns

You're telling us they have, in essence, " one" server?

*Edit: Because I hate being the resident cynic, I'll add this disclaimer.

[edit on 1/6/09 by SevenandFive]

[edit on 1/6/09 by SevenandFive]

Having worked for the Govt. in a previous life that would honestly NOT surprise me unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aphelion

Dude, Numan has been in my head all morning!!

Seeing your post was like hearing Numan on Cosmos soundtrack.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
What's up with the flat line in the last eruption seis from our geyser? Never had one of those on my "labor monitor"!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Last 'geyser' activity started at 11:37, but it looks there have been some data transmission problems, as there is a segment with exactly zero signal in the seismograph. I hope LKWY doesn't black out like in the past days.

I have a question: should I calculate the interval between each 'geyser eruption' as the difference between the start time of two events, or the difference between the start time of the second and the end time of the first? How is it calculated with known geysers?

Last activity
Start time: 11:37:35
Duration time: 00:04:40
Interval since preceding event: 00:39:15

Probable next 'eruption': 12:12 MST

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockandahardplace
What's up with the flat line in the last eruption seis from our geyser? Never had one of those on my "labor monitor"!

Looks like the "geyser" signal started at 11:37:30 and continued throughout the flatline, and ended at 11:12:15. That flat line was probably just a technical glitch, but it will be more fun to blame it on some elaborate conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mushussu
What if, what if...
What if in our fear and maybe even ignorance of arrogance, we placed all our attention on Y because it is in our back yard , when the real focus should have been in Indo.?
What if Y were the hiccup to Indo. activity>?
And to note your thoughts on the planets..
If we all believe that the planets are held in orbit around the sun and that these planets also are able to hold their satellites in place again with gravity., Then why is it so hard to believe that the planets in alignment can have an effect on our planet.
My back ground is in Physics and Geology. AND , I keep an open mind.
I liken children who will line up holding hands and swing around in a circle to the orbits and planets. our planets do not fly off because we are holding on to one another.
Simplistic analogy I know. But that pull from our moon makes tides.
That same pull reaches to our core not just the surface. Any malleable material.
Though I have not seen a study on it , even underground Aquifers.
My folks have worked in the oil industry, I know they have done many output studies but I do not think any thought to correlate out put to moon phase. And why would they.
Maybe if someone had access to that data and had the inclination to look we might know.
My big point though is 'what if' we were looking at all this data - backwards?

Hey Mush,

I think that there is a lot of logic in what you are saying. I haven't done a lot of research in Geology, etc, but I think that this is something worth looking into.

new topics

top topics

<< 236  237  238    240  241  242 >>

join