It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on at yellowstone?

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Don't hold me at that though, not 100% sure.

I know I have seen those pictures before, but at this point... so much data has gone before my eyes, it's hard to remember where one see anything anymore.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Found this comment on one of the USNeews stories:

I work at Delta's ticket counter in Salt Lake City and was wondering why I was meeting so many geologists taking vacations to Europe and the east coast! lol ... wonder why there were so many one-way tickets?

Link: www.usnews.com...

I'm hoping this is someone's idea of a joke.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

Wow.. that is strange. It is exactly the same movement but only a minute earlier than on the 31st. What could it be?

www.seis.utah.edu...

www.seis.utah.edu...

Edited to add: A self-test?

[edit on 2/1/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
does anybody recognise the location for sure?

I'm 99.9% sure it's mt. st. helens' dome building

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that over the past few hours most of the sensors surrounding the mary lake area have gone to humming much louder? The lkw itself is still just bumping around but the rest are either humming or appearing to be getting real close to harmonic....

I wonder if the hydo is finding an escape outward away from the lake?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Is it just me or does this USGS page show A LOT MORE activity (17 quakes today alone and about 60 yesterday) at Yellowstone.

Maybe I just saw bad data prior to finding this page.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

USGS

[edit on 2-1-2009 by SuperSpark]

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Just so you know.
I call on the powers that be who would label anything we say here or publish in the media, anything other than what THEY say as the Experts ,would be conspiracy talk. They would diminish us to establish themselves.
We need people like you to remember to keep our minds open to all possibilities.
But not go too far off the deep end...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xoxo stacie

I was just thinking the same thing -

because this link is usually much calmer - but it's not this morning (look at past dates)

www.quake.utah.edu...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Knobee

Ive been following this thread for 4 days and at one point people were discusing what the best gas masks are for vocanic ash and what supplies they should be stocking up on.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

maybe their looping data for us and it's not real

2nd line

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by humanaqurian

isn't it something like

first they laugh at you
then they mock you
then they claim they thought of it first... someone here will know the true quote

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by trusername

If that were true wouldn't the graphs be totally the same? It must be a self test of some kind. Or what else could it be?

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSpark

Yep - I think they are adding on now... even Utah.edu just added 1 - wow - 297 after ages at 296 - they've got to fix that it looks silly and unprofessional now. Its getting ignored as a source.

www.seis.utah.edu...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Im going to repost this link, so people can compair if they want to.

A Study in Yellowstone - seismograph archives

At the top of the page you can choose which station you want to look at. Mary Lake is the one most active right now.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by humanaqurian

I get what you are saying.

But, I think it boils down to the fact the people who study these phenomenon for a living can't say there is not going to be any kind of eruption.. because they can't be sure.

Now, more than any other time in our past, we as the public can see what the experts see, and it can be troubling.

We see these erratic movements, that are not normal... and all we get is the standard form reply statements from the experts.

It's not their fault.. they just can't be 100% sure of anything either.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Everyone should have a box of N95 masks at home. They are useful for so many things including the prevention of pnuemonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcaniconiosis brought on by super-volcanoes.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yes, Mary Lake is definately singing.
Madison River is also coming to life.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

This is so true. I wish I didn't have the internet right now, then I wouldn't be worrying about this and it will probably end up being nothing/nonvolcanic eruption.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

I don't know what Utah's up to - they seem overwhelmed. Some links are completely behind - like the map with squares. Sometimes the charts are completely off line. (if they decided to put that missing data up - we'd not have anything to compare it with.)

I find it hard to believe there'd be any good in looping this info - unless things are truly out of the 2.0s that we see. I mean - dep of hom sec. is capable of lying to keep the masses calm - I'm sure. It is very lucky for all of us that the quakes are all so low. Days ago there were 3.8 / 3.9 we haven't seen anything like that - even with all this wild activity. maybe they have a volume switch and they've toned it down? who knows.

As I keep saying - what concerns me about the data is that I believe that Utah.edu is the source for usgs and as shown in this thread about 8 hours ago - with the press release - utah.edu is under homeland security jurisdiction. And RSOE still is not showing any earthquakes at all in the US - that is a national black out of info.

You remember on the 30th - we were all commenting on all the calif quakes on that world map moving towards yellowstone. they were showing everything in real time. Now it's been turned off - but all the other nations are showing real time. Weird.

hisz.rsoe.hu...〈=eng and look at the date on the yellowstone icon.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

If any of them are following this thread, and they might be,
It would be a matter of saving face.
We, as a collective, we are a larger think tank and could be of some benefit to them.
If they choose to totally ignore this thread and any of what we find has turned true before they proclaim it...
That is a lot of egg on them...
But we kind of know this already.
ummm...

new topics

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join