It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dulce New Mexico and Bigfoot sightings...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well a few liked my last thread and wanted to hear some bigfoot stories..

Being a native american you will find many of the common beliefs about Bigfoot or Sasquatch. In most of the languages it translates to the forest people or Mountain People. In the culture they are looked at as a spirit person but they are considered a person in their own right. Now Being a Ranger in the Dulce NM area for the Jicarilla Apache Reservation for many years I had heard stories when I would be up there Visiting before I had moved there. And well as you know some things are just a story of a story of someone who had heard something.

Well I had a few encounters to make me realize that there is something definatly out there in the woods. Let me tell you about my first encounter with one of them. Myself and another medicine man had gone up into the mountain area that many have heard called Archuleta mesa. (ufo base mountian) and the canyon that is a long winding road going up there is Called "Big foot canyon" by the locals that are there and many have had encounters with them in that area. There is the Navajo river that runs down through the bottom of the Canyon area there and many have seen it down in that area. This time we had driven way up the winding canyon all the way to the top area that reaches a peak and overlooks the New Mexico and Colorado border and from the top there you can see into Colorado into what is the Ute reservation that borders the Jicarilla reservation.

Well we stopped up there to take a break and just get out and walk around and take in the beauty of the canyon. We werent up there for maybe about 15 minutes and we heard the most Bone chilling noise I can say I have ever heard in the mountain area. The only way to discribe it was something VERY large Screaming out loud and it sounded similar to a Howler monkey and a Peacock type of a sound mixed together. In all my years of being up in the mountain I had never heard anything like it. Well it made the hair on my arms stand straight up and we looked at each other and were both baffled by the sound.

My son was with me and he was about 9 years old at the time and got really scared and said "Dad what is that? Im scared!" so of course Im joking around with my son and say..... Well son we are in big foot canyon......It a Bigfoot!! well he got really scared and wanted to leave so I told him dont worry I have my Rifle and nothing is going to get us. Well we sat there and heard it screaming off and on for about 10 minutes. I wish I had a recorder or my camera in case I saw it. Well I didnt think too much more about it until I head down the canyon what almost sounded like wood being chopped like a big log whacking a tree or something like that and then some more screaming from it. Well at this time we decided to go down the mountain and make a day of it. Later on that week we went into Albuquerque to Visit my parents and we were watching the tv and I tuned into some show on Sasquatch and they were talking about sounds that were recorded up in Washington state....... well when they played them it really made the hair stand up on my neck!! it was almost an identical sound!! I told my son to listen and tell me what it sounded like and even he said....."Thats what we heard up in Bigfoot canyon" Well that was my first encounter with something there.........more to come on my next posting.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
In light of the alien thread, I think this has to be posted:

Bigfoot

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good story, but shouldn't it go in the short stories section? BTW maybe carry a camera for when you se these things?

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
Good story, but shouldn't it go in the short stories section? BTW maybe carry a camera for when you se these things?

I think the Area 51 thread is a good place for it. Lord knows we have plenty of Dulce threads!

Every once in a while we actually come across someone who actually lived in or visited Dulce, so it's nice to hear from them.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alyosha1981

well its not a story........its what happened. And the last thing I thought I would encounter was exactly what happened. I wasnt on a fact finding mission nor was I up there to take big foot pictures. It was just something That happened is all.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Maybe bigfoot isn't a natural inhabitant of this planet. Maybe it's an ET of some sort that got stranded, or is just visiting. Maybe it's a military experiement gone wrong? Maybe they are native creatures who are as intelligent as we are and thus evade capture by us because of it.
edit on 4-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Maybe bigfoot isn't a natural inhabitant of this planet. Maybe it's an ET of some sort that got stranded, or is just visiting. Maybe it's a military experiement gone wrong? Maybe they are native creatures who are as intelligent as we are and thus evade capture by us because of it.
edit on 4-12-2010 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

Then again maybe he is a natural inhabitant and we are the genetic experement going bad. I believe he is highly intelligent thats why he avoids humans..

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hey Apache Kid.

Hello from another apache kid. I grew up there in Dulce as well. Parents still live there so I go back to visit about once a year. I've heard bigfoot stories as well. The biggest problem is nobody has a camera. I remember my big sister telling me one but she was drinking down by "the River" at the time.

Most hunters and Game and Fish guys have cool stories. I'm just another indian who saw lights and traveled the back road to pagosa all the time. Are you still out there?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by snapmouse
Hey Apache Kid.

Hello from another apache kid. I grew up there in Dulce as well. Parents still live there so I go back to visit about once a year. I've heard bigfoot stories as well. The biggest problem is nobody has a camera. I remember my big sister telling me one but she was drinking down by "the River" at the time.

Most hunters and Game and Fish guys have cool stories. I'm just another indian who saw lights and traveled the back road to pagosa all the time. Are you still out there?

No I moved from there back in 2002 and now up in White River Az.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Apache Kid

I have feeling most of the posters are not old enough to remember the six million dollar man, there was episodes on that show which made Bigfoot a alien.....I would like to see those episodes again

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Well, John Keel proposed that there are two kinds of Bigfoot. There is the natural one that tends to stay away from humans. Then there are ones that ultraterrestrials. These are the ones with glowing eyes and can keep pace with a car.

new topics

top topics

join