It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen in on Live Air Traffic Controllers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to post this exactly, so Resources seemed logical. Since there are an abundance of UFO sightings by pilots and the FAA and military have put a muzzle on them regarding public reporting, for those of you who are unaware, you can go to this site,

www.liveatc.net...

and listen in live to all of the air traffic controllers throughout the country. i listen to controllers in the Southwest U.S. and it makes for some very interesting listening from time to time.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Fab - thanks for the link

I'm about to curl up in bed and listen to the goings on.

Thanks again - this could be most interesting.

S&F

MGGG

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
i listen to this all the time haha.
im in flight school and am trying to get down all the flight lingo.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas, seattle, anchorage and anybody from New Mexico are usually the ones that have UFO issues more than anyone else.

it doesn't happen everyday or even every week, but maybe once a month.....but when it does...it's fun.....pilots will call in and start asking about traffic in thier immediate vicinity....the tower says "nothing there" and then all hell breaks loose.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this. I listened to a couple of channels for a while, but it was getting late so there wasn't much going on. I love to listen to the radio traffic on planes when it's available on commercial flights. Don't fly anymore if I can help it, but I think it was American that usually had a feed available on the audio at the seats. I was always impressed that the communication was relaxed, courteous, professional and precise all at the same time.

I recall flying into O'Hare one time in the middle of the day, and marveling at the efficiency as the controllers stacked the planes up for approach with very clear, clipped instructions interspersed with quick acknowledgments from the pilots. Very little room for error in that operation. Probably the most likely result of somebody screwing up and not paying attention would be a bad traffic snarl that would ripple out across North America and maybe beyond, with missed connections and diversions for fuel and that sort of logistical nightmare, but the controllers were very much in control.

One other time, we were about halfway through a two hour flight when I heard a controller request my flight's altitude or something, and there was no response. A bit later, the request was repeated, with the same result. I sat there wondering what was going on, not worried but wondering why I could hear the controller but apparently the crew could not. It must not have been anything unheard of, because a few minutes later, the same controller again asked the question, and there was an immediate reply from our crew. That was all there was to it.

new topics

top topics

join