It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recurring Dream .... air vent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Well, I don't have much luck attempting to remember my dreams.
However, there is one that keeps occuring over and over.

The main part that I remember, is everyone attempting to enter into a restricted area. This entrance always seems to correspond to a highway system, or something simiar. I know this back entrance through another door, into another room and through a very very tight air vent.

This dream is always dramatic, and feels very important.
But, I never can remember where I'm trying to enter, or for what reason.

This vent is very small, and I know that I could not fit in it considering my current weight. Perhaps this is just a subliminal message that I need to lose weight?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

I'm no expert, but I can't help wonder if you're suffering from some kind of breathing disorder when you sleep. What is it called, "sleep apnea" or something?

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Astral projection maybe telling the human soul such astral projector is out to infect you and your breathing with sorts of plagues which affect breathing.

Such only must be close to you as if live in same area with acces to anything. Unless such give something new which is laced inside or outside or both ways.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Have had the same dream , few of us maybe 4 or so and the Vent is a few feet off the floor underground with a shiny grate or thick mesh cover peeled open.
Tight fit.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys, but I'm not having breathing problems.
The air vent seems to be a secret entrance.

Weird thing is, it seems to be in a bathroom, and it is up high on the ceiling tucked away where it goes unnoticed.
These dreams always seem very important, as if I'm close to something.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Perhaps it has a physiological base; many dreams do.

Total wild-ass-speculation here! -- but you asked. I was just thinking about the symbolism of it as an analogy/symbolic thing.

For example, many people carry an intolerance to gluten (or caseine, or other things, but those are the most common) and they don't know about it. The small intestines (up high in/above the bathroom?) process food, and the problem is that some genetic lines (most that aren't asian or sub-saharan african) commonly have what amounts to a cellular set-up where the "shape" of the protein in gluten [this is in any food with grains like wheat, rye, etc.] acts like a 'key' with the cells in the intestine.

What happens is that normally your intestines will only "let through" certain kinds of molecules in certain areas. There is an area that absorbs magnesium, one that absorbs something else, you get the idea. The way the body handles this is that the cells of the digestive tract "recognize" the cells/molecules of the food coming through and the food "fits like a key" into the cell in the digestive tract. You cold think of it (to simplify) like there are doors down the hallway that say "magnesium here!" or "ladies only" lol, whatever. The problem is that humans apparently weren't really meant to eat this stuff, derived from wild grasses in the egyptian area, and the human body hasn't evolved to handle it (grains only entered the diet on our planet like 10K years ago, far as we know).

So gluten goes through and is 'recognized' and operates like a 'key' in areas where it definitely should not. It "opens up" the intestine which is the only thing protecting the inner body at large from all the molecules that we eat. Sometimes the gluten protein goes through itself and wreaks all kinds of havoc. Sometimes it just opens the door (so to speak) and doesn't get through or squeeze through, but other things get loose in the body as a result. (Literally they are like the ultimate free radical but worse. All kinds of stuff even good for you, isn't supposed to be anywhere but the digestive system in the area where it belongs. It can attach to cells of organs and more and start breaking them down.)

Most people have no idea they have this issue -- despite it's quite common in fact (vastly more so than the 'official' sources so far say in my opinion) -- unless they've done a medical panel on it (most affordable and by far best technology for this is someplace like enterolab.com for example). (I have no association with them fwiw.) Sometimes when people start getting a clue it's because they have some kind of symptom that is associated with a problem like this (cystic acne, odd rashes, asthma/allergies, IBS or major stomach pain, etc.).

That's probably just one of ten million possibilities of course LOL -- but you might before you go to sleep ask your body (out loud if posssible) "for a dream to explain the MEANING of the dream about ____, and to wake up and remember it clearly." Can't hurt!

PJ

[edit on 28-1-2009 by RedCairo]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeDeuce

Hi ThreeD, I enjoy dream interpretation and I like the dream dictionary at dreammoods.com.

Here's the definitions from some key aspects of your dream:

Highway

To see a highway in your dream, represents your sense of direction and your life's path. Consider the conditions of the highway which will reveal how much you feel in charge of your life. A smooth, straight highway signifies inner peace, while a winding, bumpy road reflects emotional distress/disharmony.

Door

To dream that you are entering through a door, signifies new opportunities that will be presented before you. You are entering into a new stage in your life and moving from one level of consciousness to another. In particular, a door that opens to the outside, signifies your need to be more accessible to others, whereas a door that opens into the inside, denotes your desire for inner exploration and self-discovery.

To see opened doors in your dream, symbolize your receptiveness and willingness to accept new ideas/concepts. In particular, to see a light behind it suggests that you are moving toward greater enlightenment/spirituality.

To dream that the doors are closed or locked, signify opportunities that are denied and not available to you or that you have missed out on. It also symbolizes the ending of a phase or project. In particular, if you are outside the locked door, then it suggests that you are having some anti-social tendencies. If you are inside the locked door, then it represents harsh lessons that need to be learned.

To dream that you are locking doors, suggests that you are closing yourself off from others. You are hesitant in letting others in and revealing your feelings. It is indicative of some fear and low self-worth. If someone slams the door in your face, indicates that you are feeling shut out or some activity or that you are being ignored.

To see revolving doors in your dream, suggests that you are literally moving in circles and going no where. You may feel that your opportunities and choices lead to a dead end.

Bathroom

To dream that you are in the bathroom, relates to your instinctual urges. You may be experiencing some burdens/feelings and need to "relieve yourself". Alternatively, it may symbolize purification and self-renewal. You need to cleanse yourself, both emotionally and psychologically.

To dream that you are in a public restroom with no stalls, signifies your frustrations about getting enough privacy. It may also indicate that you are having difficulties letting go of old emotions. You are afraid that if you reveal these feelings, then others around you will judge and criticize you.

To dream that you are in a bathroom meant for the opposite sex, then it suggests that you are overstepping your boundaries. You have crossed the line in some situation.

To dream that you can not find the bathroom, signifies that you are have difficulties in releasing and expressing your emotions.

So, my interpretation would be that you are realizing some kind of missed opportunity, or you can't get there fast enough, the lines are already long. But, not to give up, you are searching deep within for ideas. Maybe one of those things you need to do is to get in shape. You are in a public restroom, so you may not feel that you have your privacy in some way while you are reaching for your objective. Do you think or have it been suggested that you need to go to couples' counseling by chance?

[edit on 2-2-2009 by TheSingularity]

top topics

join